:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: civic is pissing me off, electrical gremlin NSFW  (Read 4123 times)

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
civic is pissing me off, electrical gremlin NSFW
« on: May 20, 2009, 01:44:00 AM »

i just got my first honda and everything is great but randomly the fucker cuts all electrical power for half a sec when i lightly touch the brake.
its a 94 5spd 4dr, new battery, check all the fuses.
it doesnt make sense, it doesnt die but the radio restarts, headlights flick, speedo drops but only for a fraction of a sec and then goes back to normal.
its only happened while moving and in gear.

noods

malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

BoostForLife

Re: civic is pissing me off, electrical gremlin NSFW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 03:17:55 AM »

Are the battery cables tight and secure?
Take them off the battery and clean them with a brush. Check your grounds points and also clean those.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 03:55:13 AM »

cables are tight
has some amp and sub in the back, im not a audio guy but could the brake light coming on like cause the amp to reset and then pull a bunch of power to restart?
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

BlkGSR

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 04:23:41 AM »

I had something similar to this in my Civic a while ago. Every time I would put the pedal to the floor the car would start shutting down and coming on, lights flashing and flickering, etc.

I popped the hood, didn't find anything out of the ordinary, blipped the throttle, and seen sparks flying out from around the starter area. It ended up being a 10mm bolt was stuck between the starter and it was grounding out making the car turn on and off.

Your situation is a little different, but it sounds some-what related.

papercuts

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 08:10:57 AM »

Don't know if this would do cause ur problem. But were is ur ground for ur amp going. Maybe its grounded to ur taillites like I've seen so many niggar carss done befor. If it is move the geround to a seat belt anchor cuz its in the frame of the car.

Random Hero

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 10:37:08 AM »

My accord does the same shit. It was the battery terminals. Even tho they where tight they needed to be sanded and cleaned up good.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 08:27:32 PM »

amp did have a sketchy ground, also shimmed the batt terminals. took it out got about 3-4 miles and the fucking endtank seal on the radiator blew out. the power never cut out so i think i got that fixed, now i got to wait a few days for a radiator, 38 shipped of ebay  :?:
malone labe

BoostForLife

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 01:47:43 AM »

JB-WELD should get you by until your new radiator arrivers, fucker.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 02:45:14 AM »

meh, planned on flipping this car so i can buy a zrx 1200, i dont like screwing people. i have another dd
malone labe

danz

• Certified OG
  • 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 02:47:41 AM »

look into the ignition switch and its connectors
10.510 @ 133.09 mph D16Z6 EJ6
10.912 @ 127.33 mph D16A6 ED6
Pages: [1]   Go Up