:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to log a obd1 bmw with a plx?  (Read 7514 times)

FreshDA9

Re: how to log a obd1 bmw with a plx?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 04:41:18 PM »

so i been messing with that bmw 2 times since. both times i cant get the logworks 2 or 3 to communicate with the SSI-4. keep saying no port selected and i keep trying to install the drivers but it wont take for some reason? well we are gonna put it on the dyno soon and do a few pulls and see where we are at to start with and see if we can make some changes.
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 05:50:11 PM »

tiem 2 lern 2 COM port

Not to be a dick, sir, but this is same shit different day in the tuenarboi life.  Keep trying, try another laptop, etc.  Post up pics of what you are connecting to where, screenshots of COM settings and failure messages, etc.  You have to be more specific than "it won't connect" and "it won't take some drivers" (uh...) if you need help.

FreshDA9

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 12:50:27 PM »

Sorry i was angry posting last time. the SSI-4 was not coming up as a port. i will plug it into my truck and do some screenshots. i uninstalled the device then reinstalled it and tried 2 different drivers and it still didnt come up as a port device? like i said ill post more up tonight with screen shots errors etc. also i plugged right into an S300 and was tuning just fine.
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 01:21:52 PM »

It needs to come up as a COM port for the magic to happen.  Post up screenshots of Device Manager.

FreshDA9

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 09:13:05 PM »

well i powered the SSI-4 to my blazer and hooked my plx to channel 2.

here is what was coming up when i connected it.

After some messing i dunno how but if finally set to a port. it might have something to do with my serial to usb adapter i have that messed it up in the first place.

seems to be working i will do some more testing on my truck before attempting the bmw again. but i beleave we have a dyno session saturday for it. 

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 10:10:44 PM »

ATEN is a USB-serial converter manufacturer that (like 98% of everyone) uses an FTDI chipset.  If that is the USB-serial converter that you are using to connect to the SSI-4, you should be good to go.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up