:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: My car: rx7.  (Read 26291 times)

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Re: My car: rx7.
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2009, 09:58:59 PM »

yea, that pic is what got me thinking. the guy i talked to had a shaved head, but im sure every guy with no hair had some at some point
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2009, 10:00:38 PM »

You hear that, Arsenio?  This guy's thinking about you. 

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2009, 10:04:01 PM »

thats probably not something for him to be proud of or even care about. i am nobody
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

arsenio

• I have the word "CockHound" tattooed on my neck
« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2009, 10:29:24 PM »

yeah, i usualy keep it shaved, but said fuck it for now.

I havent been up to VT on a dyno day, but we go up there about every other week to do some cars.
 post a pic of your self.It might jog my memory.

maybe you, marcj and i can have a circle jerk. :o
I am currently banned for being a piece of shit.
Will you miss me?

arsenio

« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »

on second though, i guess that would be a triangle/ tri-force jerk.
Will you miss me?

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »

I'm not real interested in the circle jerk, but maybe we will end up in the same place at the same time one day. I already know marcj though, so there will be nothing exciting there. Ha ha.
obd1>gtgtall

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2009, 11:21:57 PM »

SPAMMARC

arsenio

« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2009, 11:27:18 PM »

SPAMMARC

he was telling me that you had to put him in check wile playing WoW. I guess talking about stabing around little kids offends you?
Will you miss me?

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2009, 11:29:32 PM »

No, he was talking in a graphic manner about his wife in front of my 12 year old WOW friend.  That, and it's fun to blame him every time I die whether or not it's his fault.

arsenio

« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2009, 11:31:06 PM »

Why the fuck do you have a 12 year old friend. WoW or not, that just kinda creepy.
Will you miss me?

arsenio

« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »

Fuck all you bitches.

No more open downpipe.
Will you miss me?

jarebear667

« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2010, 11:52:46 AM »

hahaha fuckin ghetto only thing that sucks is that flex doesnt last long but it might outlast that rotory.  :P
midwest HMT!

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2010, 08:19:15 PM »

i ran one for quite a while once. lasted just fine and i still have it kicking around in my garage somewhere
obd1>gtgtall

arsenio

« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »

Finally got a day off with decent weather. Got the charge pipes ran and the pink top mount ran up front.

Now, I have ridden in cars with RFLs, and herd them when they drove by. Yes they were loud, but Jesus Christ, this one is obserd. The first few times it blew off, it sounded like you would expect from a RFL. But on a second gear pull, 10 psi, 7900rpm shift, this fucking thing sounded like a Tie-Fighter zooming passed me. A lady that was walking her dog actually jumpped back when it went of.

I have a feeling that I will be bombarded by civics trying to race me.
Will you miss me?

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2010, 09:31:14 PM »

i doubt you will have any real competition from any civics in town. a stock rx7 should be able to spank 90% of the civics that look your way
obd1>gtgtall

NoPistons!

« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2010, 01:20:27 AM »

Finally got a day off with decent weather. Got the charge pipes ran and the pink top mount ran up front.

Now, I have ridden in cars with RFLs, and herd them when they drove by. Yes they were loud, but Jesus Christ, this one is obserd. The first few times it blew off, it sounded like you would expect from a RFL. But on a second gear pull, 10 psi, 7900rpm shift, this fucking thing sounded like a Tie-Fighter zooming passed me. A lady that was walking her dog actually jumpped back when it went of.

I turned into the 50 percent of the turbo loving lot that believes bovs are stupid......

I'm stupid so i suppose it's whatever.

I thought for a minute that you had a t70 on your car....you just happened to be selling one on BrotaryHaterClub a few months ago.....

I did a quick edit on my post.

Let it be known i'll be installing a gt3582 on my whip.  Full ching chong apex seal busting dont give a fuck if it breaks shit.  As long as Rene Franco is able to stand behind the stuff he sells, i'll buy it and do my best to make it work.  Lol.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:34:37 AM by NoPistons! »

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2010, 11:56:55 AM »

I turned into the 50 percent of the turbo loving lot that believes bovs are stupid......

I thought for a minute that you had a t70 on your car....you just happened to be selling one on BrotaryHaterClub a few months ago.....

Let it be known i'll be installing a gt3582 on my whip.  Full ching chong apex seal busting dont give a fuck if it breaks shit.  As long as Rene Franco is able to stand behind the stuff he sells, i'll buy it and do my best to make it work.  Lol.

What are you gonna do when the broken apex seals take out the turbine wheel on your faggot gt35 that cant be rebuilt? Throw more money at it like the rest of the rotards?

blowoff valves are for pussies.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2010, 03:58:14 PM »

Some of the PacNW crew have rebuilt them.  I wouldn't want to have to, though.

Kain

• Certified OG
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2010, 04:59:39 PM »

What are you gonna do when the broken apex seals take out the turbine wheel on your faggot gt35 that cant be rebuilt? Throw more money at it like the rest of the rotards?

ah... you assume this happens. with stock apex seals its rare, however carbon seals destroy everything.

arsenio

« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2010, 05:16:59 PM »

Again, kain proves he dosen't know what he is talking about. If anything, carbon apex seals would do the least damage.

I was never selling a t70 anywhere. I was selling the turbo kit off my car, but driving a n/a car is fucking lame, so I put it back on.
Will you miss me?

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2010, 05:31:42 PM »

Thats why you get rotory aviation seals and they just bend in submission and loose compression.

NoPistons!

« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2010, 01:26:23 AM »

It's non-ball bearing, faggot.

RA and stock seals ftw.  Superhard race seals are for RACE TEAMS. 

RA seals period are the shit.  The apex/side and rubber seals are awesome.  Hopefully that's what my buddy is rebuilding his fd with if he can every take time off of work. 

There's a long list of things that cause rotary death.

You can have a nice, high powered, RELIABLE rotary engine but you need to tune it properly and run MORE fuel than you THINK you need....which pretty much throws my whole plan to keep the gas mileage somewhat decent (for a rotary) out the fucking window.  Since i'm stuck with my spinning triangles (i'm not getting rid of my rx7, sorry) i figured i'd educate myself in what it takes to keep them from blowing up while making some decent numbers.

My friend's fd died due to too much boost and not enough fuel.  Some sort of solenoid problem with the stock twins or it being off tuned for how cold it was outside.  I dont remember exactly.

What i'm getting at is you match the turbo and boost to your fuel and motor and make sure your tune is perfect as well as monitoring and datalogging everything.  Air intake temerature played a role in the failure of my friend's car.  Shit it can happen to any engine but tuning and balance is everything.  Safely on my stock doweled block i'm looking at 350 max using only an aftermarket bad ass oil pan to aid in keeping the engine plates from shifting.  I'm still trying to decided what management i want to go with (power fc or greddy emanage ultimate i guess) and what injectors i'll need to keep a rich tune and low egt's.....  I picked the turbo for it's fast spool and response as well as exhaust flow working out well with stock exhaust sleeves/ports.  It wont choke the engine up and can make 400hp easy at 15 psi spooling at around 3000 rpm.  Not that i'm after that but the turbo just fits the job and i like the fact i can change housings and wheels as i please with ease because of how much support the journal bearing gt's have and after seeing the dyno sheets on some third and second gens i can't argue with it's performance.

I figure n/a shortblocks are cheap enough to really not give a damn about losing a seal or a housing so i've made up  my mind to stick with it regardless of what my friends or some people on the internet say about the rotary.  They aren't fuel efficient but are very boost efficient and are reliable with the right modifications.    Most of my reliability mods are underway now.  Clutch, driveline, cooling, cdi ignition, stri gauges, wideband.....  I've had to cut back on smoking, eating out, partying and buying beer on the regular but it's worth it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:05:53 AM by NoPistons! »

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2010, 10:18:12 AM »

You are delusional sir.  But as long as you are throwing $$$ away, toss some in my paypal account would ya?  :-*

blowoff valves are for pussies.

arsenio

« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2010, 12:01:39 PM »

Sixports are where its at.

I have used rotary aviation, atkins and stock. For a long term motor, mazda 3 piece is the way to go. For high boost, I would say aviation seals, but they beat the shit out of the housings, but are cheap.

For a daily that you want to make power, mazda two piece seals are the way to go.

A sixport motor with ported middle plate and exhaust is all you need for 350.

I wouldn't bother with pinning and oil pan braces untill you are stepping into the high 400hp range.

I have yet to blow up a 13b that was built with new seals. All the junk bin motors let go within a year though.
Will you miss me?

arsenio

« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »

Also, I cut a huge fucking hole in my hood!

Will you miss me?

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2010, 02:07:03 PM »

There's a long list of things that cause rotary death.

NoPistons!

« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2010, 04:54:11 PM »

Sixports are where its at.

I have used rotary aviation, atkins and stock. For a long term motor, mazda 3 piece is the way to go. For high boost, I would say aviation seals, but they beat the shit out of the housings, but are cheap.

For a daily that you want to make power, mazda two piece seals are the way to go.

A sixport motor with ported middle plate and exhaust is all you need for 350.

I wouldn't bother with pinning and oil pan braces untill you are stepping into the high 400hp range.

I have yet to blow up a 13b that was built with new seals. All the junk bin motors let go within a year though.

Do you mean mazda 3mm or mazda 3 piece.  My engine is using 2pc seals from pineapple iirc.   I'm not cracking the engine open unless i have to.  Seriously.  If it works out and makes 300+ i'm happy.  If it grenades or something else fucks up it wont be a surprise but i'm hoping everything will be ok.  I have a while before all the parts are gathered up but i did get a good deal on the turbo, wastegate and manifold....  Ching chong cheap.  I really dont care if it holds up or not.  Like someone else said, i love pissing money away.    JIc coilovers and a-tech wheels bn body kit, re-amemiya 2 way lsd.....$2000 rebuild on the engine.......   Way over $7k invested in the shitbox as it is in less than 2 years.

arsenio

« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2010, 01:16:24 AM »

I ment the 3 piece 2mm seal. The ones they don't make any more.

Don't mind robb, hes a closet rotorsexual.

7G's huh. you really do like to piss money away. witht that kind of cheese, you should have a bad ass 7 by now. I think im in 2G's, including the $700 for the car.

Also
Will you miss me?

NoPistons!

« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2010, 05:57:06 AM »

That is really fucking disturbing.

Post it on rx7club and link the topic on here!

As far as how i invested in my car, i built it backwards i guess.  I dont regret it.  I'm having fun with it and it doesn't seem like a chore to me to work on it.  Shopping and gathering research is a chore though....  The actual work doesn't bother me at all.

Back to the vent in your hood and more pics of the car and non-vomit inducing photoshopped porn.

This is your fucking thread!!!!!!  Continue with the fc goodness.

2slow

« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2010, 06:37:37 AM »

cris benoit would never be caught alive in a rx7. he would rather choke his son to death then to be seen in one of those

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up