:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car runs super lean after WOT??  (Read 2055 times)

Hybrid_Theory

Car runs super lean after WOT??
« on: September 18, 2010, 09:06:07 AM »

I Copied this thread from over 2years ago.. as it has also happend to beaner(without even thinking to ask the little fucker) i searched on google and the second listing was a thread pertaining to one of his tunes... now im having the same problem... but only in 1 vehicle..(not sure if thats all he had the problem with as well)

setup
Acer Mini
1.5.3 Crome Pro
Ostrich 2.0
Burn1

The Car
96 DC LS
lsvtec
CP
eagle

built head
ac friendly setup
550cc(temp)
blah blah blah..
50trim... blah blah blah etc

anyway.. the car runs beautiful.. up until you do a full throttle pass.. and once u let off..it will read completely lean.. and if let idle.. it will just shut off.. bump the ignition switch again.. and were back off to smooth sailing...any ideas?

i think it is software related but i cant figure out what..

i can throw the ostrich(which i did already) throw it on my car and no problems.. threw it on a vtec car(project eg) and no problems..

only his fucking dc..

now the real nut twister is that he got his 3" exhaust done by his buddy.. and his buddy did him the favor of setting up a basemap with 3bar 3" 550cc.. just so he could drive back to me.. car doesnt have this problem... solid 11.0 afr in boost.. and no lean ness after decell.. were as when i plug my shit up.. burn (basemap) onto my computer.. then flash it to the ostrich.. we have this fucking problem...

any ideas ? im all ears..

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:47:27 AM by Joseph Davis »

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Re: Car runs super lean after WOT??
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 04:29:35 PM »

i would try burning your tune to a chip and see what happens
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 07:10:06 PM »

Got your text this morning. Fuck you for texting me so early.

I never got anywhere with the issue. As far as I know that car never stopped doing it. The motor is still running to this day.

I experience the same on my car, but only after messing with the power wire that went to my alternator. I extended it(soldered connection, but shitty). I took off my ostrich and used a chip and it fixed it. Then I never had the issue again. The other car did it with the chip and ostrich.

Who fucking knows.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

Hybrid_Theory

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 12:48:55 AM »

Welp.. i think i figured it out...

VTS+VTP Removal.. this car is only running vtec sol.. not vtec pressure.. a while back i had installed this plugin since the vtec wiring wasnt done to O.E specs..

anyway..

its important to read... you know how when u get something that requires assembly.. we just toss the instructions aside and say" how hard could it be"?? well this is one of those times reading is important.. lol..

when selecting the vtp+vts removal plugin.. it fucking tells you.. GROUND OUT VTP SIGNAL..

long story short.. car stopped doing it.. although now past 7k afr started to lean ont linearly... but might just be the shotty ebay fpr.. said it was at 80psi(no i didnt set it that high).. then when i flipped the needlle bezel.. it dropped to 25ish.. so raised it back up and let the guy go to work.. well update with progress later on this week..

-Beaner.. might try sending fatboy a map(if u guys are still cool or w.e) with vtp+vts removal plugin installed.. and have him ground out vtp... didnt the f20bs come 1wire vtec??

sorry for being such a  Jew and not reading..

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 08:49:27 AM »

Okay, I tried to remove your HT link the other day from my phone and royally fucked it up.   Please, in the future, do not link to polish and shine forums when asking technical questions.

Stock FPR is good to 700, which makes the inclusion of an aftermarket FPR idiotic.  Of course china shit is china shit.  Duh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up