:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone using HP Tuners?  (Read 4201 times)

98vtec

• try a warm glass of shut the fuck up
    • BBmoto Tuning
anyone using HP Tuners?
« on: August 10, 2009, 12:23:18 AM »

I'm looking at adding LS motors to my list of engines i can tune.  Our shop owner is the ford tuner and im tired of other people coming to the shop to tune them because we dont have LS software (long story as to why).

Has anyone used this software and can help me understand this credit process?

thanks
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

FreshDA9

Re: anyone using HP Tuners?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 01:31:48 AM »

the owner of my shop uses this for his GM customers i have used the software but not used the credits. i know he said depending on cars depends on the credits used like a vette is 6 credits and a grand prix might be 4 credits. the credits are a license fee the customer has to pay for use of the software. I can ask him more about the credit system but i have only used the software with him not on my own.
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

93turbo16

• J-K-Tuning
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 11:10:34 PM »

I have used this software on a few cars including a turbo cavalier and a nitrous Trans Am.

It works very well for what they give you access to atleast.

I tuned a 400 hp Cavalier with it just a few weeks ago. Their support for 4 cylinder stuff isn't the greatest but the software is definitely solid for the LS engines.

If you understand the basics, which I know you do.. it won't be hard to pick up on.

And since I am a retard I missed your question in the first post. Most of the cars or customers that I tune just buy the HP Tuners software and cable for themselves and bring it in for tuning. But I do know most of them end up with leftover credits that they can sell or give to other people who are in need of them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:15:06 PM by 93turbo16 »
J-K-Tuning

98vtec

• BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 01:02:06 AM »

ok cool.  Supposedly the "tunershop" package is really expensive per my boss but we'll see what happens.  they had screen shots of the parameters and such and it looks simple enough.
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 05:05:27 PM »

The "tunershop" package is, from what I recall, buying unlimited tunes for a specific era engine, etc.

Hey, has anyone played around with the SCT Pro Racer Package stuff for GMs?  Their support is primarily the V8 cars, but they are practically giving it away.  Unlike Fords, etc, if you buy the software you can do however many GMs you want as long as you have a handheld for it, and they sell additional handhelds for $125.  That gives the customer the ability to molest launch rpms, etc, within whatever you specify so they don't have to bother you for every little tweak, as well as set the vehicle back to stock for whatever reason.  All that being said, I can't find *anyone* who's used it.

Wicked

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 08:58:36 PM »

The "tunershop" package is, from what I recall, buying unlimited tunes for a specific era engine, etc.

Hey, has anyone played around with the SCT Pro Racer Package stuff for GMs?  Their support is primarily the V8 cars, but they are practically giving it away.  Unlike Fords, etc, if you buy the software you can do however many GMs you want as long as you have a handheld for it, and they sell additional handhelds for $125.  That gives the customer the ability to molest launch rpms, etc, within whatever you specify so they don't have to bother you for every little tweak, as well as set the vehicle back to stock for whatever reason.  All that being said, I can't find *anyone* who's used it.
good statement sir

98vtec

• BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 09:23:46 PM »

we use it just for the Fords. 
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

QikEnuF

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 10:14:58 PM »

I believe the guys up here at EB3 Motorsports use it (SCT).  I'll try to get them to post up something here

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 10:31:57 PM »

Yah, because I LIKE the way the SCT stuff works for Fords.  The gay flash procedure sucks, but the software is well laid out and the datalogging works very well.

98vtec

• BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 12:58:01 AM »

hey let me ask you this JD.  Have you tuned any Mach1's with 60lbs injectors with SCT?  Every single Mach1 we have had has had a problem with dropping injector pulse width right around 5000rpm with the 60lbs injectors.  If we throw the 42 lbs injectors back in (given the engine can use them) the injector pulse width doesnt drop off.

We have looked into everything to figure out this problem and have come down to a software problem or an injector driver problem.  However, the voltage on the fuel pump and injectors never drop even when the pulse width drops.  we were able to bandaid one of them by using a 42lbs flash for the 60lbs injectors, but the width still dropped, just not as bad.  We had to add a shitload of fuel to the base tables in order for it to stop the steep decline in width.
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 04:03:09 AM »

hey let me ask you this JD.  Have you tuned any Mach1's with 60lbs injectors with SCT?  Every single Mach1 we have had has had a problem with dropping injector pulse width right around 5000rpm with the 60lbs injectors.  If we throw the 42 lbs injectors back in (given the engine can use them) the injector pulse width doesnt drop off.

We have looked into everything to figure out this problem and have come down to a software problem or an injector driver problem.  However, the voltage on the fuel pump and injectors never drop even when the pulse width drops.  we were able to bandaid one of them by using a 42lbs flash for the 60lbs injectors, but the width still dropped, just not as bad.  We had to add a shitload of fuel to the base tables in order for it to stop the steep decline in width.
Sounds like a case of battery offsets being way off in the 60lb flash. does the software let you tweek them? and like always because the problem is with an electrical device check grounds and stuff.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 07:57:35 AM »

I've always heard good things about the FMS 60's, never touched any Mach 1's.  That is a wierd problem.

98vtec

• BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 08:32:07 AM »

Sounds like a case of battery offsets being way off in the 60lb flash. does the software let you tweek them? and like always because the problem is with an electrical device check grounds and stuff.

we arent getting any voltage drop.  Thats the problem that we are having a hard time understanding.
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 01:33:06 PM »

that doesn't make any sense at all then.

98vtec

• BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 02:42:20 PM »

tell me about it.  We have asked SCT and they dont think its on their end.  We finally got them to to take a log file and review it.  Havent heard anything back yet.
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 11:24:53 AM »

Try bigger injectors?
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 12:55:53 PM »

The 60lb FMS injectors are very very repeatable, meaning you can just run the 60# value file that comes bundled with SCT and it rescales the injectors for you without you having to set the injector slopes (not a hard thing to do, but if you don't have to...).  Also, 60# injectors on a V8 is a 750+ whp vehicle.  Most people don't need more on their street vehicle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up