Forum > General Discussion

My most expensive build yet......FORT REX COMPOUND

<< < (32/35) > >>

ratcityrex:

--- Quote from: 92CXyD on January 18, 2022, 12:34:12 AM ---Crew coming in to build?

--- End quote ---

Probably not. I'll probably take a month off work and bang it out. Gonna submit permit paperwork once our refinance paperwork is done. Once its approved I'll go rent a big excavator and clear the area on a weekend. Then pull my layout and dig my holes for the piers, drop my rebar cages in and pour concrete. Once that's done I will do my official layout and square everything up, drill holes for brackets. Bolt the brackets in place and start the process of building.

Eggylshatch:
Are you financing the shop/apartment build or paying out of pocket for it?

I ask because I want to build a garage/apartment combo in my backyard, too.

ratcityrex:

--- Quote from: Eggylshatch on January 31, 2022, 09:37:36 PM ---Are you financing the shop/apartment build or paying out of pocket for it?

--- End quote ---

Refi, and taking cash out. Using cash to build. 2.875 % on a 30 year. Not a bad deal. Way less than trying to finance just the shop.

Eggylshatch:

--- Quote from: ratcityrex on January 31, 2022, 09:43:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: Eggylshatch on January 31, 2022, 09:37:36 PM ---Are you financing the shop/apartment build or paying out of pocket for it?

--- End quote ---

Refi, and taking cash out. Using cash to build. 2.875 % on a 30 year. Not a bad deal. Way less than trying to finance just the shop.

--- End quote ---

Nice. We did a cash out refi last summer to pay off our renovation costs and have some cash for future investments. Wish I'd taken more out while the rates were still so low. You start building the shop yet?!

ratcityrex:

--- Quote from: Eggylshatch on April 05, 2022, 03:49:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: ratcityrex on January 31, 2022, 09:43:41 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Nice. We did a cash out refi last summer to pay off our renovation costs and have some cash for future investments. Wish I'd taken more out while the rates were still so low. You start building the shop yet?!

--- End quote ---

Yeah. Kills me to watch the money just sit in savings and get eaten up by inflation but I need to have access to it and not tie it up for a year or 2.

Not yet. I did get back my drawings from my engineer and im gonna need to redo my plan on how I want to build this. I live in pnw so the ground is constantly getting wet. I didn't want to sink post/columns into the ground because I didn't want then to rot in 20/30 years. So my plan was to pour concrete piers and fasten the posts/columns to a bracket that i set into the concrete.

Engineer came back with drawings and has me pouring a pier every 8 feet for my posts. The piers are 42" across and 48" deep. After all said and done it will be almost $10,000 just for the concrete piers. Also said I can't use 6x6 post because of wind load and I needed to up the size to 8x8 post or 4 ply gluelam post. About to blow the whole budget of the build on posts/columns and concrete piers. So now I'm back to the drawing board. Might be going with a steel building instead. We will see. I had a bunch of questions for my engineer but he was out of town and said he will get back to me when he comes back to the office.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version