:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Bouncinofftherevlimiter's CD5 F22 Hybrid :updated: Dyno'ed, 484hp  (Read 39497 times)

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

The cheapest way is probably just to buy a new backing plate from weir and weld the pipe right on, or a generic vband.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Tim

• Certified OG

I have a vband from an hx-35 if its the same.
I don't want it.

bouncinofftherevlimiter

I have a vband from an hx-35 if its the same.
I don't want it.

nice, price shipped, you should still have my address from when you modded my map for me....

everyone else..... I'm running out of room before i am into my radiator, so if i can avoid adding anymore length (welding another flange on) then that is the route i would like to take...

No longer own a turbo car...

94 Accord, first running 4g63 piston/h22 rod/f22 block &ampamp crank

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!

We need some ripper vids. BTW I am in the middle of helping a friend build something similar. The only difference is we plan to use a a6 head with a evo8 turbo and manifold. He has been tossing the idea around of slapping a h22 head and a 6262. What are your thoughts on it?
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

bouncinofftherevlimiter

We need some ripper vids. BTW I am in the middle of helping a friend build something similar. The only difference is we plan to use a a6 head with a evo8 turbo and manifold. He has been tossing the idea around of slapping a h22 head and a 6262. What are your thoughts on it?

why wouldn't you? thats not even an equal comparison. what are your (his) goals?

6262 will make significantly more power than the evo... as far as heads, the F heads flow very well and a cam would really help it. If it were me and i had the resources available i would go with the H. JMO.

with the EVO turbo, if you plan for any amount of boost, I'm going to guess you will run into back pressure issues. my car with the 12cm stops making any real power over like 14-16lb, at least it feels like it. It hasn't been on the dyno to verify. I've run up to 22lb and it was disappointing. that is why i went with the 16cm, but i have a feeling, that too will be too small and disappointing. The H seems to out flow the T3 flange when you start cranking the boost. i don't know with my pump gas limit ill reach that point, but I have discussed this with a few "knowledgable" nogs, and they all agree.

if i were to do it again, which i still might depending on many things, id go with HX52 and a top mount. Im still unsure where I'm going to go with this car, because i have a 00 Camaro SS begging for a 5.3 or 6.0, 4l80 and 88-91mm...

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:35:59 PM by bouncinofftherevlimiter »

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

why wouldn't you? thats not even an equal comparison. what are your (his) goals?

6262 will make significantly more power than the evo... as far as heads, the F heads flow very well and a cam would really help it. If it were me and i had the resources available i would go with the H. JMO.

with the EVO turbo, if you plan for any amount of boost, I'm going to guess you will run into back pressure issues. my car with the 12cm stops making any real power over like 14-16lb, at least it feels like it. It hasn't been on the dyno to verify. I've run up to 22lb and it was disappointing. that is why i went with the 16cm, but i have a feeling, that too will be too small and disappointing. The H seems to out flow the T3 flange when you start cranking the boost. i don't know with my pump gas limit ill reach that point, but I have discussed this with a few "knowledgable" nogs, and they all agree.

if i were to do it again, which i still might depending on many things, id go with HX52 and a top mount. Im still unsure where I'm going to go with this car, because i have a 00 Camaro SS begging for a 5.3 or 6.0, 4l80 and 88-91mm...

At first the goal was 300hp, then as time went on and more parts came in it changed to 400hp. As even more parts have came in the thought of 500+ have started to come in, not really sure what the limit of the stock sleeves are.

bouncinofftherevlimiter

At first the goal was 300hp, then as time went on and more parts came in it changed to 400hp. As even more parts have came in the thought of 500+ have started to come in, not really sure what the limit of the stock sleeves are.

what is funny about that is my tuner and i were talking about how my goals kept rising on my car too, the other day when i was at his shop. first i wanted like 300, then 400, now i just want to run as much as i can on pump. i have no use for a race gas car, it will see little to no track time, its too heavy and i have a Dirt Late Model, so I don't have time to take this car to the shitty strip that is local anyways. its just going to be a fun street car, that hopefully is faster than everyone around me locally (not like there is much around here anyways). If E85 was easily sourced locally, i would use that, but its not..

be the one to find the limit :)

i may or may not know someone that has run assloads of power on other stock sleeve motors that were well beyond their "limit" its all in the tune...

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper

You can just say Sewell instead of your tuner, couple people know me here, lol.
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

Or just say crazy Tom ;)

Never seen another tuner say to rip off the vac line on a wg!

bouncinofftherevlimiter

Or just say crazy Tom ;)

Tom! you are giving away my secrets! plus it makes me sound more professional, when I say my tuner... ;)

i also remember doing a couple pulls with waste gate line removed... but we were diagnosing problems....

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

Is there anything involved in just putting a h22 head on, any machining, ect?

bouncinofftherevlimiter

no, the biggest mod is modding the water pipe, which i just chopped the h22 and f22 and welded the H end on the thermostat side...

also you have to get H lower timing gear and water pump gear, and press it on the F water pump. i also staked mine since it didn't fit as "snug" as i wanted it to...

there are also 2 oil drain plugs that will need filled, i filled mine with JB Weld and 1/2" bolts i believe?? whatever bolt fits snug in the hole after you cut the head off it.

there are a few more things you do, prelittlelude on H-T did a really good write up, that is my best suggestion. I'm sure there are a few things I've missed, its been 3-5 years since i did that part of my build. I know if you have a non-vtec block there is a plug you have to remove from the block so the head gets oil, and some other things I'm sure.

any questions, HMU, you can PM me and ill give you my number.

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

no, the biggest mod is modding the water pipe, which i just chopped the h22 and f22 and welded the H end on the thermostat side...

also you have to get H lower timing gear and water pump gear, and press it on the F water pump. i also staked mine since it didn't fit as "snug" as i wanted it to...

there are also 2 oil drain plugs that will need filled, i filled mine with JB Weld and 1/2" bolts i believe?? whatever bolt fits snug in the hole after you cut the head off it.

there are a few more things you do, prelittlelude on H-T did a really good write up, that is my best suggestion. I'm sure there are a few things I've missed, its been 3-5 years since i did that part of my build. I know if you have a non-vtec block there is a plug you have to remove from the block so the head gets oil, and some other things I'm sure.

any questions, HMU, you can PM me and ill give you my number.

Cool thanks bro!

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

You know whats more hard core than that? I watched Josh Ross and Ted pull the wg line off and put a bolt in the top port of the wastegate to keep the gate closed because Ted's 305ci Chevy kept blowing the wg open at 20lbs
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

bouncinofftherevlimiter

Broke the whore out today, just topped off the fluids and took it for a short drive, and I was reminded how much of a piece of shit this car is...

tomorrow putting bigger turbine housing on and modding DP for v-band, then if a certain someone gets moved, ill strap it to the dyno, and get it tuned and legal.

on a more positive note, i just bought a mandrel bender to build bumpers and stuff for my dirt late model, so maybe its time to drag the Camaro out and build a cage for it. :)

just gotta keep telling myself the fail boat anchor is a piece of shit so i sell it and i can start on the 88-91mm LSX project...

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

Whats so bad about the car?

bouncinofftherevlimiter

it was hacked when i bought it, and all half assed, i put a lot of work into fixing as much as i can, but still some stuff and I'm just tired of working on it...

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

it was hacked when i bought it, and all half assed, i put a lot of work into fixing as much as i can, but still some stuff and I'm just tired of working on it...

Then you should sell me the motor ;)

bouncinofftherevlimiter

Ill sell the motor to you, and give you the car! ;)

It has a lot of good parts on it, its not a total piece of shit, I'm just getting sick of working on it all the time. i am hoping after this last time of fixing shit, that it becomes semi reliable and i can just get in it and drive it.

Plus having an LSx car waiting to make stupid power with, and my Dirt Late Model, its kinda a lost interest to me...

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

Ill sell the motor to you, and give you the car! ;)

It has a lot of good parts on it, its not a total piece of shit, I'm just getting sick of working on it all the time. i am hoping after this last time of fixing shit, that it becomes semi reliable and i can just get in it and drive it.

Plus having an LSx car waiting to make stupid power with, and my Dirt Late Model, its kinda a lost interest to me...

Even better reason to sell me the motor :noel:

bouncinofftherevlimiter

Today i felt ambitious, and decided to tackle changing the turbine housing. I got the 16cm housing on, converted my down pipe to V-band and hooked my wideband back up. i took it out for  beating and it is kinda lean, but the car runs so much better. even out of boost it is so much more responsive. Next on my list is a new CV shaft, windshield, and inspection then its off to Ohio to get a tune... hopefully some slacker gets his shit arranged so i can get this bitch tuned....

Is 450-500 too much to ask out of it on pump gas?

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

Today i felt ambitious, and decided to tackle changing the turbine housing. I got the 16cm housing on, converted my down pipe to V-band and hooked my wideband back up. i took it out for  beating and it is kinda lean, but the car runs so much better. even out of boost it is so much more responsive. Next on my list is a new CV shaft, windshield, and inspection then its off to Ohio to get a tune... hopefully some slacker gets his shit arranged so i can get this bitch tuned....

Od damn this thing is going to rip!

bouncinofftherevlimiter

Od damn this thing is going to rip!

Hope so....

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin

hopefully some slacker gets his shit arranged so i can get this bitch tuned....

I just sent him something to take up all his free time. But it's something even your LSX can benefit from (if it uses fuel injection). ;)
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

bouncinofftherevlimiter

hopefully some slacker gets his shit arranged so i can get this bitch tuned....

I just sent him something to take up all his free time. But it's something even your LSX can benefit from (if it uses fuel injection). ;)

it will utilize FI (whenever i get it together...)

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

bouncinofftherevlimiter

so... car has been getting a lot of love lately...

yesterday i cleaned the shit out of it, apparently a mouse, or many, took over the car this winter. it was full of "nesting" and smelled like piss.

today i put fresh 93 in it, and had a windshield installed. next move it renewing registration and inspection.

also today, took it out for beating, upped boost to 18lb, and car really came alive. got a little wheelspin at 70mph, the rough road didn't help, but its def running better than before! I like!

looking forward to strapping it to the dyno (cough*Tom*cough) soon???

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

skaterdudz02

It's always nice to see an Accord running high boost. GOOD SHIT!

bouncinofftherevlimiter

It's always nice to see an Accord running high boost. GOOD SHIT!

Car was dyno'ed made 484hp at and 390ft/lb at 100% injector duty cycle. Actually had to lower rev limit because it was out of fuel. Would have made well over 500whp with more injector.

See dyno thread with videos and dyno graph here... http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,17520.0.html

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

bouncinofftherevlimiter

A friend of mine made me a youtube video

http://youtu.be/_WJilOw8Qhw

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up