:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some headers for a triumph  (Read 2557 times)

weirtech

• Certified OG
    • Weir Technologies Inc.
some headers for a triumph
« on: August 21, 2009, 12:48:25 PM »

here is a set of headers i did for a triumph stag (like a spitfire, but a 4 seater) with a 3.5L rover engine in it.  the old headers were cracked to shit and a terrible design.  no such thing as finding a bolt in replacement since this engine doesn't belong in this car.  the old headers had to be cut out of the car from the exhaust.  they were kinda like a triangle shaped collector.  the whole exhaust had to be re-done, but since i don't have a lift, i had a local exhaust shop i trust do it for less than half of what i'd probably charge to do it.

here is the p/s on the left and the d/s on the right... had to make it around the steering rod.  amazingly both these go in from the top without much trouble at all.

turbo_dave

Re: some headers for a triumph
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 05:52:36 PM »

Nice :) Not seen one of those on the road in years :(

Rimmer Bros used to have conversion manifolds off the shelf but there are so many different Rover V8 conversions that half of them don't fit right.

Great work though Aaron, glad to see some British Metal on that side of the pond. Can't have been easy making those, they're a twat to work on at the best of times...

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: some headers for a triumph
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 12:23:31 AM »

here is a set of headers i did for a triumph stag (like a spitfire, but a 4 seater) with a 3.5L rover engine in it.  the old headers were cracked to shit and a terrible design.  no such thing as finding a bolt in replacement since this engine doesn't belong in this car. 

Haha, no.  The engine that came in the Stag from the factory didn't belong in the car.  They ALL got swapped to the 3.5 for a reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up