:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: J-series swaps...  (Read 20407 times)

Phate

Re: J-series swaps...
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2010, 12:54:50 PM »

reminds me of these 3.5 v6 sentra

also thought about swapping these newer toyota 3.5 into the newer tc/xb consider they all share the same mounts

Mazda Protege's do it too.  The KL-ZE uses the same mounts as the FS-DE 4 banger.  Its only a 2.5, but a fun little engine.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

kgx

• MR2fag
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2010, 01:32:31 PM »

also thought about swapping these newer toyota 3.5 into the newer tc/xb consider they all share the same tranny bolt pattern

fixed :D 3 of the 4 mounts are on the tranny with toyotas. swaps are pretty easy, assuming the motor fits.

those 2GR motors are monsters. just intake and headers can put 290 to the wheels. over 300 if you bump the redline...

krazy4

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2010, 08:33:56 PM »

also thought about swapping these newer toyota 3.5 into the newer tc/xb consider they all share the same tranny bolt pattern

fixed :D 3 of the 4 mounts are on the tranny with toyotas. swaps are pretty easy, assuming the motor fits.

those 2GR motors are monsters. just intake and headers can put 290 to the wheels. over 300 if you bump the redline...

Yeah, the 2GR motors are sick! My friends camry moves pretty well for it being stock.
Any 2GR swap cars that you guys have seen?
94 EG sedan - H23A w/ GSR trans - S366 turbo

kgx

• MR2fag
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2010, 10:31:46 AM »

i've seen a few swapped into the SW20 MR2. i believe there have been 2 confirmed 2GR swaps into MR2 spyders as well. those would be ridiculous with that motor. i think that motor is only about 50 or so lbs heavier than the 1ZZ. i know it's a bit lighter than the 3SGTE.

a couple issues with the 2GR swaps are finding an appropriate ECU (without immobilizer) and installing the gas pedal from the donor vehicle, since it's DBW. i'm sure there are standalones that would work for it, but they'd need to have the capability of running the VVTi on each camshaft.

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2010, 04:31:04 PM »

also thought about swapping these newer toyota 3.5 into the newer tc/xb consider they all share the same mounts

Doing that swap sometime later this year. You cant beat VQ power in a 2300 lb sentra. Bone stock VQ through the air filter box will lay down mid 12's in a Sentra. 10lbs and slicks away from some 10's
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2010, 04:52:22 PM »

Stock VQ won't handle 10 lbs.

krazy4

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2010, 12:29:19 AM »

VQs are pretty strong. A proper tune on them and they will last.

They really love nitrous. I know a couple of guys that have ran a 200 shot for awhile. They know how to tune nitrous setups though.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2010, 01:15:16 AM »

Go burp your fathers faggot worm/
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2010, 05:39:20 AM »

VQs are pretty strong. A proper tune on them and they will last.

They really love nitrous. I know a couple of guys that have ran a 200 shot for awhile. They know how to tune nitrous setups though.

A VQ has pussy rods, and around 400 wtq and the rod bends.

Nitrous is easy on any motor, you just yank more timing in the midrange. A 200 shot is what we spray on stock rod Hondas, and they hook it in second.

This isn't my first time at the rodeo, champ.  Go make your n00b intro post or GTFO this site.

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2010, 07:07:00 AM »

I've personally seen a few stock-ish vq's taking 15 lbs reliably. As in 3-4 years ago, and still being driven around. That's like saying a QR won't take more than 8 lbs. Have you seen those pussy ass rods?
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

TheMadScientist

• Certified OG
  • I'm like Batman and Shit
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2010, 07:23:52 AM »

I've definetly seen the VQ take 12lbs and be beat on very regularly for over a year with no problems. They can definetly handle it.

HOWEVER , I have also seen a VQ grenade itself and throw a rod through the block at 9lbs. So who knows.

Maybe different years, maybe freak motor, maybe baby jesus blessed one?

I'd say ten pounds is about the point where you need to really start watching out and planning to build the motor, in the future.
Why would I not be surprised if your pink slip included "quotquotthen Mr Davis overturned the table while shouting, HOWS THAT FOR FLUID MECHANICS?!"quotquot?

krazy4

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2010, 02:10:11 PM »

This isn't my first time at the rodeo, champ.  Go make your n00b intro post or GTFO this site.

I'm sorry I offended you. Didn't think you would take it so seriously. lol

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2010, 04:56:14 PM »

No one likes unvetted n00bs here, go fist yourself.

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2010, 05:32:35 PM »

I've definetly seen the VQ take 12lbs and be beat on very regularly for over a year with no problems. They can definetly handle it.

HOWEVER , I have also seen a VQ grenade itself and throw a rod through the block at 9lbs. So who knows.

I'd say ten pounds is about the point where you need to really start watching out and planning to build the motor, in the future.

Sounds like an issue with a tuner to me.

TheMadScientist

• Certified OG
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »

No one likes unvetted n00bs here, go fist yourself.

X100000000000000

Lurk longer and you will learn more about this sites personality and what to do

Possible or the driver was a moron, or the turbo was too small, or.... lots of things it could have been. Most likely the driver was a moron though. (he was)

Either way ten pounds seems about the edge of proven safety. After that it's hit or miss it seems.
Why would I not be surprised if your pink slip included "quotquotthen Mr Davis overturned the table while shouting, HOWS THAT FOR FLUID MECHANICS?!"quotquot?

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2010, 05:44:15 PM »

Either way, nothing some rods and a vq40 crank couldn't solve. Plus, Nissan does have the best sounding 6 out there.

TheMadScientist

• Certified OG
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »

Either way, nothing some rods and a vq40 crank couldn't solve. Plus, Nissan does have the best sounding 6 out there.

Agreed and since you're gonna have the motor out anyways. It's still a sentra though. Maybe in a versa? lol that would be awesome.

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2010, 08:14:53 PM »

If it would fit. Plus I have a Spec V, not a Versa. Have you seen how crammed the vq is in the b15?

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2010, 08:38:08 PM »

Sounds like an issue with lack of knowledge of the platform, and dumb kids with no experience tuning cars to me.

NOTHING in the import scene has the R&D of a Honda B-series.  3-4 years ago the gospel was you can make 600-650 on a stock sleeve block, because everyone knew someone who was doing it.  Now 20/20 hindsight says anything over 400 is a tick-tock tick-tock timebomb.  That's a forty fucking percent variation in acceptable power from a decade older and nine times more prevalent power plant.  

See also mexican block post-69 302, Toyota 3S-GTE with their crackalicious crankshafts, SRT-4 good for 500 whp on a stock block then turn around and 5-6 year old perfectly kept stock vehicles pitch rods out of the block, SR20s (most overhyped engine, ever) that pop at 450 when a stock-not-meant-for-boost KA24 eats more boost without failing, EJ20 that can't make power and EJ25 that crack ringlands stock, and I could type for hours but basically anything else hyped in a fucking magazine or on a forum full of teenage faggots with mommy's credit card and no clue how to change oil although they have a highly developed opinion of what oil they HAVE to run in their car.

People have made 500 whp off of stock GSRs with T67 bolted to them, and had them last 8-10K miles.  Robb and I have both seen a 450whp stock longblock stock headgasket 7M-GTE, on a Mustang dyno that would have meant 520 on any of the local Dynojets.  Common knowledge states that GSRs and stock 7M can't handle those power figures.  Who's right?  The side with the most failures over a long enough period of time, of course.

Fuck what you think you know based off of some internet posts and the luck of random faggots - if that shit meant anything then the AFC hack would still be king.  I don't come here for dumbassery and fanboi cluelessness, the day you people start riding bandwagons is the day I'm out of here.  We're years into this site and into our knowledge and I'd expect you dipshits to doubt everything like reasonable individuals.

Everything fails.  Fuck you.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:39:48 PM by Joseph Davis »

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2010, 08:46:19 PM »

can i copy/paste this for a local kid? lol

i tried to explain the same shit and he just says "you can rock 600whp with a b16 for years"
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

TheMadScientist

• Certified OG
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2010, 08:47:34 PM »

Sounds like an issue with lack of knowledge of the platform, and dumb kids with no experience tuning cars to me.

NOTHING in the import scene has the R&D of a Honda B-series.  3-4 years ago the gospel was you can make 600-650 on a stock sleeve block, because everyone knew someone who was doing it.  Now 20/20 hindsight says anything over 400 is a tick-tock tick-tock timebomb.  That's a forty fucking percent variation in acceptable power from a decade older and nine times more prevalent power plant.  

See also mexican block post-69 302, Toyota 3S-GTE with their crackalicious crankshafts, SRT-4 good for 500 whp on a stock block then turn around and 5-6 year old perfectly kept stock vehicles pitch rods out of the block, SR20s (most overhyped engine, ever) that pop at 450 when a stock-not-meant-for-boost KA24 eats more boost without failing, EJ20 that can't make power and EJ25 that crack ringlands stock, and I could type for hours but basically anything else hyped in a fucking magazine or on a forum full of teenage faggots with mommy's credit card and no clue how to change oil although they have a highly developed opinion of what oil they HAVE to run in their car.

People have made 500 whp off of stock GSRs with T67 bolted to them, and had them last 8-10K miles.  Robb and I have both seen a 450whp stock longblock stock headgasket 7M-GTE, on a Mustang dyno that would have meant 520 on any of the local Dynojets.  Common knowledge states that GSRs and stock 7M can't handle those power figures.  Who's right?  The side with the most failures over a long enough period of time, of course.

Fuck what you think you know based off of some internet posts and the luck of random faggots - if that shit meant anything then the AFC hack would still be king.  I don't come here for dumbassery and fanboi cluelessness, the day you people start riding bandwagons is the day I'm out of here.  We're years into this site and into our knowledge and I'd expect you dipshits to doubt everything like reasonable individuals.

Everything fails.  Fuck you.

THIS is why we love JD.  ;D

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2010, 08:59:41 PM »

i tried to explain the same shit and he just says "you can rock 600whp with a b16 for years"

B16 with dropped CR last forever.  You can make 400-425 whp off of one with pumpgas for years longer than one of the bigger stroke B-series motors. Of course, they make all of that power the last five rpms before redline, and their blocks are the first to split sleeves in the B-series family requiring you sleeve them to make mundane power figures, but at least you have the sheet of dyno toiletpapr to wipe your nancyboy ass with, right?

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »

dyno sheets rule the world
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2010, 11:07:52 PM »

And Supra's

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2010, 04:55:34 AM »

And Supra's

Mk4's?  No, those engines live up to their hype although it's due to combustion efficiency/failure to detonate and not because they are any stronger than a lot of decent engines out there. 

The chassis are big heavy non-hooking non-handling sleds, though.  Completely overrated four wheeled dildoes.

Phate

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2010, 12:28:03 AM »

And Supra's

Mk4's?  No, those engines live up to their hype although it's due to combustion efficiency/failure to detonate and not because they are any stronger than a lot of decent engines out there. 

The chassis are big heavy non-hooking non-handling sleds, though.  Completely overrated four wheeled dildoes.

Is the RB any better  or worse than a 2JZ?  I was just talking to someone about them, because there is a crazy built supra and a 240sx with an RB26 that both show up at the races near me.  I know neither car would go well from a dig.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2010, 02:48:06 AM »

I was just talking shit. But there are way too many dyno queens out there.

As far as the RB vs. 2jz, I am not familiar enough with either of them to debate that. They are both well engineered engines, and can be beastly. Depends on the individuals pocket depth, ingenuity, and balls really. The yota (assuming stock-ish displacement for both) has the displacement advantage.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2010, 03:56:35 AM »

Is the RB any better  or worse than a 2JZ?  I was just talking to someone about them, because there is a crazy built supra and a 240sx with an RB26 that both show up at the races near me.  I know neither car would go well from a dig.

RB requires deeper pockets, some shit needs to be fixed on them right out of the gate and they aren't cheap like 2JZ.

Also, neither of those cars are crazy built.  Drag racing from a dig is one of the few things a Mk4 should do well.   :mexi:

chris

« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2010, 05:31:41 AM »

Who cares arguing over people who have never touched nor will touch anything worth a shit.

84mm b16's lay down the law and J davis is right 400 whp on stock sleeves and having it last is not common. The reason it seems they are so common is the few success stories get talked about for years while the cracked sleeve blocked engines either end up collecting rust with the owner upset that reality is just that or ends up getting sleeved.

Companies like golden eagle didnt get so big because stock sleeve blocks are so reliable.

Years of sitting on dyno's with low budget b series builds with the old man showed me that even in the hands of the best Button pushers/dyno owners motors pop. A stock b20 block handled almost 400 whp for almost 6 months of drag racing before it bent 3 rods and the block eat it self alive. Is that success in my book it is. Much more than these dyno queen cars that run a 10 sec pass once and get parted out.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2010, 06:54:45 AM »

I was arguing with him cause he has plans for a b16 to make 500whp on pump and 600whp on race gas. Mase is going to tune it so it will be fine. Lol. He is a mase nutswinger hardcore. I'm not knocking the guys abilities, but no amount of tuner ability will make the impossible happen.
obd1>gtgtall

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up