:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: id turbonetics turbo and where to get comp wheel  (Read 2086 times)

turbostd

• Certified OG
id turbonetics turbo and where to get comp wheel
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:53:48 PM »

I bought a turbonetics turbo the other day for $20. The catch is the compressor wheel is missing. The story goes a kid I know bought it for his coupe and on the first day it ate a rock and chewed up the wheel. He sold it to a friend of mine that was going to get a wheel for it and use it on his tiburon but he lost interest and it sat for 2 years. I was helping him move some stuff around one day and came across the turbo just sitting there so i bought it for $20.

Anyhow I need to id this thing so I can find a new comp wheel for it. The turbine side says ar .48 so I assume its a t3 .48. The compressor housing has 30431 e57 which i assume means t04e .57 but how do i know what trim the wheel was? Any ideas on where to get a wheel cheep? The center section should be fine it has less then 50 mi on it. Ill take some pics once my camera is charged.

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: id turbonetics turbo and where to get comp wheel
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 11:39:26 AM »

Well you'll want it rebalanced, so I'd say ask a few local rebuilders. They'd know how to measure the cover to determine what it's machined for. However if you want to take a stab, get a caliper and measure to the closest 0.01" where the inlet starts to get wide to house the compressor wheel.

Or...buy a wheel/cover as a set, sell yours on fleabay, assemble, and enjoy a few months before the unbalanced wheel starts howling. Just post the pis of bearing/turbine shaft scars afterwards.

FYI a "super" series wheel is less prone to surge and can do higher pressures. It won't flow as much though, since the tips go supersonic at a lower shaft speed.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »

I happen to have a T04e compressor wheel thats in good shape. Believe its a 57 trim, came off a Turbonetics t3/04e trim snail.... LMK
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

Lowerit

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 04:50:01 PM »

just post up pics and any #'s on the turbonetics site, I had the same thing happen a few months back ,t hey posted a reply within a day
fuck you
Pages: [1]   Go Up