:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: changing hotside from t2 to t3 questions??  (Read 1927 times)

EG-MIKE

• Certified OG
  • RHMT
changing hotside from t2 to t3 questions??
« on: February 13, 2013, 07:53:50 PM »

Quote from: EG-MIKE;2685362
So i have 2 garrett turbo's one is a mangled TB0357 and the other is a GT1752.

My question is can i take the tb0357 hotside and put it on the gt1752 body and cold side? What all would need to be swapped over and would thier be any benifit from doing so?

The reason id like to do this is for ease of swapping the turbo, but if i have to ill hust run a hf mani with adapter plate. I also thought about making a mini ram for the lil gt1752 but idk if that'd be over kill.

Any advice from more seasoned turbo guru's is greatly apprieciated. Also opinions on anything above.

GOALS:

No more turbo lag
200ish hp on a stock y7 block w/ b7 head & z6 intake mani
13's maybe high 12's in the quarter if im lucky
Reliable DD

check out my build thread if you need to know what is already done to my car

I posted this on dso too but didnt get the answer i was looking for so i was hoping someone here could help

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
Re: changing hotside from t2 to t3 questions??
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 11:17:24 PM »

No idea, but if you have both turbo's it would be really quick and easy to find out...

Try it.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

DasPoop

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 11:40:07 PM »

Different frames the I think you might get the housing on the chra with creativity but the dinky ass exhaust wheel will be an inefficient dog ass spooling hunk of fuck. Where the fuck did you get a gt17 pm me I may be interested in trading you for something a bit less gay
Na mike:"quotquotthe one i had was a real bbw, not just a fat chick, but a huge fat chick"quotquot

EG-MIKE

• Certified OG
  • RHMT
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 04:46:38 PM »

Yeah ill end up finding out once i get the rebuild kit. I dont wanna tear it down till then

Daspoop pm'd

I might just fab an adapter plate to 1 of the hf manifolds i have or just make a custom mini ram or log mani. Idk yet, just trying to get to my goals. If i wouldnt have fuckulated the TB0357 it would have been exactly what i wanted, but when i fried it the only thing i could come across close enough to what i needed in time was a 6262 knock off. In boost or from a roll it was amazing but i bring it to the strip and it just laggs too much off the launch then ripped tire most of the rest of the track. On street tire and a cx trans my times were worst at 9psi then they were with an untuned slightly modded d15b7 n/a. Once i swapped to the ex/si B000 trans it helped a shit ton with the shorter gears but launches were still bullshit slow
Pages: [1]   Go Up