:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Staged secondary injectors  (Read 2144 times)

NoPistons!

Staged secondary injectors
« on: April 11, 2013, 07:18:52 PM »

I know using them at a certain rpm/load would be the best way to go about triggering but where to put them?

I've seen them shoved in intercoolers, the cold pipe 4-6" from the throttle body, in the plenum directly over each runner port, 1-3" updraft from the oe injectors directly on the runner....   I had some injectors and thinking if i should hang onto them or not.  Just not sure where to start.   What i remember from my rotar is at around 3000rpm (probably mistaken but you can google it if you want) a secondary bank is switched on.   Aware valve engine is different but for that to work properly in a place further from the port what conditions need to be met?

Just one of those things i've always wondered about and never really cared to mention it til today.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Re: Staged secondary injectors
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 07:50:00 PM »

If I was to run secondary injectors, I would put them in the runners or plenum facing the runners and it would be triggered by 10psi.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:10:39 PM »

Get your car running with 6 injectorators before you get 12.  :-*
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:43:29 AM »

Get your car running with 6 injectorators before you get 12.  :-*

lol

I'd activate them just above the lowest vacuum load point that both can run stable at. That way when you switch over, you don't have any hicoughs at full power. I'd also put them in the plenum facing the runner, or at the beginning of the runner. This is how most liter bikes have their secondary injectors set up, and most run on both above a certain RPM. CBR's are usually ~5000rpm, but that's equiv 3000 on a B16 and 2000 on a VQ.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

NoPistons!

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 03:50:49 AM »

Thanks guys. 

I was worried about pooling/proper atomization due to location which is why i asked. Grateful for the insight.

@minor threat: No mention of my car was made.  I have maybe $250 in my entire fuel system right now (not that i paid that much for it but some average joe wanted to do the same thing with the same parts it'd run that much) and it can support over 450whp.  Dont worry about that car.  That's my job.  :noel:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:53:33 AM by NoPistons! »
Pages: [1]   Go Up