:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: F2D/F2B info?  (Read 11312 times)

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
F2D/F2B info?
« on: April 16, 2012, 12:30:24 PM »

Anyone know if there is an RHMT way of doing this? All of my searching points to the Bisi kit. $650-720 is pretty damn pricey for a chunk of steel and a flywheel. I'm picking up a free f22 that runs great on Wednesday. Gonna stick it in the grm car after this years challenge. I want to play with n/a a little and figure the f22 is the way to go for good results. Of course I'll still keep the vitara D around cause I can't live without boost, I just want to learn n/a trickery some.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: F2D/F2B info?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 12:34:06 PM »

Make your own plate and the flywheel is already made, I believe you can get them from LSD Mike.

Here is some ideas

A thread on this with a lot of info.
http://htarchive.org/showthread.php?t=1998426

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:45:49 PM by 92CXyD »

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 03:57:41 PM »

Hmmm.... I wonder if I can just buy that flywheel spacer and bolts. I could make the rest
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »

don't use a D tranny for a F swap......too much grinding on the block for axle clearance.
OG before the OG'#039#039s

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 05:51:12 PM »

I see. I'm still open to using a B tranny, I was just hoping to use a D cause that's what I have. It will be $800 or so more to use a B tranny over a D for me.
obd1>gtgtall

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:11:21 AM »

grind away the block so oil pan rail is less than 1/4" wide, you will likely have sealing issues, as Bisi told me years ago and showed me the pics.

fuck that idea!

Now a NA F22 powered Wagovan/CRV driveline.....that would be fun.
OG before the OG'#039#039s

jdmhatchracer94

• I have a nova that will never run!!
  • Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 02:08:11 AM »

h and b flywheel same. you can do it without a plate . I already looked into it just need a running engine. just use some L channel and bolts.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:11:33 AM by jdmhatchracer94 »
4 door eg nbspnbsp 13.2@118 someone needs to run slicks
338hp 293tq

Good enough to fuck your mother

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 06:52:37 AM »

Interesting info on the flywheels, but that doesn't solve much for me. I don't have either. I do see the benefit of being able to use B parts with no adaptor though.
obd1>gtgtall

jdmhatchracer94

• Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 04:42:58 PM »

just sayin you dont need a special flywheel to do it. I mocked it all up if not usin a plate I would only take about a hour or so to make the L channel brackets and drill and tap the tranny case.
338hp 293tq

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 05:43:51 PM »

just sayin you dont need a special flywheel to do it. I mocked it all up if not usin a plate I would only take about a hour or so to make the L channel brackets and drill and tap the tranny case.

F motor. H23 (M2S4) tranny. Done.  No niggery, despite your wanting it so badly.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

jdmhatchracer94

• Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 06:05:48 PM »

wheres the fun in that?
338hp 293tq

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »

F motor. H23 (M2S4) tranny. Done.  No niggery, despite your wanting it so badly.

I don't want a cable shifter cause I want this to be N/A and I want to be able to stick my boosted vitara setup in when I feel like it. I have this car setup where if the F was bolted to a tranny, I could pull the D and have it running on the F in about 2-3 hours.
obd1>gtgtall

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 03:11:46 AM »

No niggery? It's not a h-swap native car so shifter, axle, and mount niggery is needed. But of course the M2S4 has quantity on it's side, since so many H23 ludes were made vs tegs.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

krazy4

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »

F2B with no plate. Plates are overrated.
94 EG sedan - H23A w/ GSR trans - S366 turbo

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 11:26:47 AM »

No niggery? It's not a h-swap native car so shifter, axle, and mount niggery is needed. But of course the M2S4 has quantity on it's side, since so many H23 ludes were made vs tegs.

HAve you ever done it? Its not that fucking hard vs nigger rigging a fucking b tranny onto an F block without a plate, less talkie from you, faggot.

---GFI we build FAST---

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 12:16:52 PM »

Sure, I could easily do a proper F swap but I don't want to lose the ability to still run a D. So, if there is a linkage H/F tranny out there I'm down, if not then F2B it is.
obd1>gtgtall

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »

Sure, I could easily do a proper F swap but I don't want to lose the ability to still run a D. So, if there is a linkage H/F tranny out there I'm down, if not then F2B it is.

Curious on how much this will fit in your $2013 budget?

Maybe a quick run down on this would be helpful.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 12:45:59 PM »

I'm not running the f23 in the challenge. The engine was free though. Picked it up last night.

The whole thing is that I want to play with N/A to better understand it. I have been tuning a lot of N/A LSV's and B20v's lately. I have always had good results, just want to know more since the turbo tunes have fallen off to pretty much nothing these days.
obd1>gtgtall

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 12:58:53 PM »

There was a huge thread on honda notech about the no plate h2b, I can't find it right now.
If you sifted through all the people telling them their engine would fall out because they didn't spend $1500 on a setup there was some good info and a few decent pics.
It doesn't look too difficult, I was trying to talk my buddy into it but he broke out the sawsall and wend with the full h swap.

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »

Decent amount of niggery on the block, but who cares if its a free f22 to dick with.
http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/h-f-series-tech/846256-h2b-no-kit-2.html

There's the basic concept
Align the trans with a clutch to the crank,
Bolt the starter bolt to the h22 block,
rig the rest.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »

I'm actually picking up another free, running f22 tomorrow after work.  ;DDD
obd1>gtgtall

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 03:53:32 PM »

There was a huge thread on honda notech about the no plate h2b, I can't find it right now.
If you sifted through all the people telling them their engine would fall out because they didn't spend $1500 on a setup there was some good info and a few decent pics.
It doesn't look too difficult, I was trying to talk my buddy into it but he broke out the sawsall and wend with the full h swap.

There was one here too... Once upon a time... I looked through old shit... Cant find it...It probably got lost in the shit abyss

---GFI we build FAST---

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 04:31:56 PM »

There was a thread about D2B with no adaptor I remember. Don't remember H/F2B
obd1>gtgtall

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 09:45:07 PM »

HAve you ever done it? Its not that fucking hard vs nigger rigging a fucking b tranny onto an F block without a plate, less talkie from you, faggot.

I'm talking WITH a plate. Price of a shifter and extra set of axles (for H inner cups) will be the same if you factor in time "bolting" in the shifter and swapping the axle cups. You can also swap back to a B or even D with little effort if you blow shit up or live where they do inspections. Around here finding an h-series tranny is like finding a pink dinosaur.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Phate

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 01:18:25 AM »

I'm actually picking up another free, running f22 tomorrow after work.  ;DDD

Where are you getting these free F motors?
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 02:26:40 AM »

My roommate works for a big used car dealership. Long story short, guy put oil in the radiator and claimed blown headgasket so this woman could get out of her car payment. Car got repo'd and the dealership owner said to replace the engine and put the car back on the lot. I picked up the old one.

I posted about that one on Facebook and a friend had one complete but disassembled F22 he was going to rebuild for his accord. He sold the accord before getting to it and wanted it gone to free up space. I picked it up today.
obd1>gtgtall

Phate

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 01:06:27 PM »

My roommate works for a big used car dealership. Long story short, guy put oil in the radiator and claimed blown headgasket so this woman could get out of her car payment. Car got repo'd and the dealership owner said to replace the engine and put the car back on the lot. I picked up the old one.

I posted about that one on Facebook and a friend had one complete but disassembled F22 he was going to rebuild for his accord. He sold the accord before getting to it and wanted it gone to free up space. I picked it up today.

Gotcha.  Wish I'd come across a deal like that.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

realAgentMurdoc

• Certified OG
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 05:59:02 AM »

I think a good h2b kit is QSD, something about not needing to get other bullshit nonsense.  If it's not QSD, then it was evolution, but I don't think it is evolution.

I wouldn't get anything from Bisi.  Fck him he's famous.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 09:47:56 AM »

So, in an awesome turn of events I picked up a 2nd ef for $200. The body is super clean, never been hit but it's pretty much gutted and is just a rolling shell. I'm really considering an F/H tranny for the GRM car now and sticking all of my turbo D stuff in the new shell.
obd1>gtgtall

Gold DA9

• Certified OG
  • OG LURKER
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 02:47:31 AM »

been thinking about the f2b again as of late too.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up