:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: :(  (Read 12116 times)

weirtech

• Certified OG
    • Weir Technologies Inc.
Re: :(
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 07:34:49 PM »

i'm happy with my xb9

QikEnuF

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 07:56:37 PM »

Hahaha.  If you still have your Buell,

http://www.nesba.com/Info/Track.htm?tid=68

If you want to come play.  It's a track day, so nothing serious, but I will let you borrow a lap timer, and we will see who turns what lap times.  For more comparison, since you can't/won't come out and play at a track...

Here are the records for motorcycles around Summit Main Circuit at Summit Point Raceway...

Overall: 1:13.922 by Robert Jensen on a Suzuki GSX-R1000 during the ASRA Unlimited Grand Prix race on 5/29/06
600 Superbike: 1:14.848 by Matt Wait on a Yamaha R6 Superbike in qualifying on 9/7/03
600 Supersport: 1:15.107 by Matt Wait on a Yamaha R6 Supersport in qualifying on 9/7/03
Buell 1200: 1:18.681 by Michael Barnes on a Buell 1200 on 5/25/02
125: 1:19.676 by Jason DiSalvo on a Honda RS125 on 8/1/99

The overall record got blasted a month ago when Jeff Wood went 1:11.4xx on a 1000 Suzuki.  But, as an interesting point, someone has run a 1:14.0xx (Might have been a 15, unsure) on an SV650.  So yeah, guess SV's can't be made fast and are slow.  How do the Buell's fair in any race class where they are not allowed an extreme displacement advantage?  Yeah, don't see any Buell's on the top lap times at Summit, or a few other tracks I decided to pull up.  But maybe the guy on the SV650 can't ride, and it's all lies.

And how did you get 5000 miles out of a set of tires?  I think I got about 2700 on PP 2ct's this year before the sides were shot.  Sold em for $50 to some guy who needed a cheap set with a lot of tread in the middle for commuting. 

But if you want to come to NJMP with a Buell, I will pay for your track day, NESBA membership, and tires if you can out lap the 600s.  If you don't, you have to pay for mine out of your tax dollars...

QikEnuF

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2009, 08:00:24 PM »

And for the $12k you pay for that, you could have a retard fast 08 CBR1kRR.  $7k OTD cost on the bike, that leaves you 5k for things like cams, PCIII, full exhaust, Ohlins, etc.  Not impressed :/  Oh, and I bet you the '10 ZX10R will hand it its ass in a straight line.

And if you really rode hard and carve corners on a daily basis, maybe your rears would look like these rears after a weekend :)

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:07:38 PM by QikEnuF »

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2009, 08:04:46 PM »

this is actually pretty sad. dude loved what he did.

http://www.buell.com/en_us/
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 08:06:31 PM »

i can go pull up a bunch of races where the 1125r has beat the 1098s... the 1098r is faster... but its a pure race bike and not designed for the street.
Not any series that Buell hasnt thrown money at to make their bikes look competitive. A lot of people say Buells are good street bikes but there probably just HD fanboy homo's that like going slow, And buells look 10X's more fugly then a SV650.

QikEnuF

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 08:11:27 PM »

this is actually pretty sad. dude loved what he did.

http://www.buell.com/en_us/

He really did.  I feel horrible for him.  He/Harley were doing great things in terms of bringing more money into the sport, even if it did lead to some questionable rules changes that allowed the Buell's to not only compete, but dominate.  Buell is/was really good to their riders, and paid out more contingency money than the other manufacturers for grass roots racing.  I have immense respect for Erik Buell, and really enjoyed his self-joking regarding the 2010 Buell Blast (Google it, you will realize just how cool of a guy he really is), but they really just didn't have the stuff to be a real superbike manufacturer.  I wish they would have been able to continue, but there just isn't enough support from Harley to keep them going.

QikEnuF

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 08:16:23 PM »

i can go pull up a bunch of races where the 1125r has beat the 1098s... the 1098r is faster... but its a pure race bike and not designed for the street.
Not any series that Buell hasnt thrown money at to make their bikes look competitive. A lot of people say Buells are good street bikes but there probably just HD fanboy homo's that like going slow, And buells look 10X's more fugly then a SV650.

They are great bikes for the street.  But anyone who thinks they are the best handling bike, or on par with similar displacement supersports is delusional.  I love the Buell bikes (except the blast, except the 2010 Blast), and just wanted the chance to shit on Johnny.  Come on Johnny, I'm offering you the shot at a paid trip to NJ, chillage with the NE nogs, and a free track day.  Just gotta prove you are a better rider on a larger cc bike :)

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2009, 08:19:20 PM »

They are great bikes for the street.  But anyone who thinks they are the best handling bike, or on par with similar displacement supersports is delusional.  I love the Buell bikes (except the blast, except the 2010 Blast), and just wanted the chance to shit on Johnny.  Come on Johnny, I'm offering you the shot at a paid trip to NJ, chillage with the NE nogs, and a free track day.  Just gotta prove you are a better rider on a larger cc bike :)

i'd take it, and if i lost, i'd henry you out of the money and leave town
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

QikEnuF

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2009, 08:20:45 PM »

Haha, then I wouldn't be out money, and would have had a fun day at the track without worrying about anything.  Anyone that watches WSBK, Spies or Haga?  Who takes it home in a week

QikEnuF

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2009, 08:29:39 PM »

And what's ugly about an SV650?

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2009, 08:46:55 PM »

Haha, then I wouldn't be out money, and would have had a fun day at the track without worrying about anything.  Anyone that watches WSBK, Spies or Haga?  Who takes it home in a week
Hope Spies can pull it off but Haga has been strong the last few races.

QikEnuF

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »

Yeah, Spies' Yamaha doesn't seem to have it coming out of turns right now.  I kind of want Haga to win, because he's been doing it so long at a high level, and him+ducati=machine, but seeing Spies win in WSBK, then hopefully he does well in MotoGP this year for the one race, and then I can't wait for him vs. Rossi/Lorenzo

QikEnuF

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2009, 09:35:46 PM »

I may get to tool around on an 1125 this weekend.  Maybe it will change my view.  But it will not change the fact that Johnny is a little whiny bitch...

Hrmmm.  http://annapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/1389967860.html
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:38:26 PM by QikEnuF »

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2009, 09:42:40 PM »

I may get to tool around on an 1125 this weekend.  Maybe it will change my view.  But it will not change the fact that Johnny is a little whiny bitch...

I cant get over how shitty those things look. And how is 8.5K a low low price  ???

weirtech

• Certified OG
    • Weir Technologies Inc.
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2009, 09:56:44 PM »

holy fuck, where is the love for an american made sport bike?  i love my xb9, it is a great street bike.  sure there are a ton of faster bikes, but i don't think any of them are as much fun to ride as my buell.  every time i ride it people have to stop me and ask what kind of bike it is.  it turns heads, sounds good and handles great on the street.  plus the insurance is considerably cheaper than an import sport bike.  if i had anything faster, i'd get myself into real trouble.

eric buell tried a lot of new things with bikes and it is too bad none of it will get to be carried on.

QikEnuF

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2009, 10:04:17 PM »

I cant get over how shitty those things look. And how is 8.5K a low low price  ???

Brand new bike :)

Aaron, like I said, I love the passion that Erik had with Buell.  I love the bikes.  I love the things he tried.  I just wanted to piss on Johnny, and I think I did well.  And I really hope/believe that he will still be building bikes.  There is a thread over on the WERA boards discussing this with people very involved with Buell, and it appears that the new management of HD (Industry outsiders) didn't like the idea of Harley backing a sportsbike company, let alone two.  That is why they are also putting MV on the chopping block as well.  Hopefully, Erik's partnership with Rotax will enable him to continue his dream, just without the bean counters at Harley.  Be nice to see what he can do with no corporate strings again.  I hope some rich motorcycle enthusiast decides to invest in his ideas and the 200 people that went down with them can have jobs again.

The bikes Buell built before Harley bought them were amazing, then corporate bean counters proceeded to kill it off.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2009, 10:43:04 PM »

qik = poser.

you are exactly what you're accusing me of, a fanboi.

the bikes before erik got HD funding were junk. what the hell is wrong with you.

They are great bikes for the street.  But anyone who thinks they are the best handling bike, or on par with similar displacement supersports is delusional.

no one said this.

you are a poser. i love your ricer logic, for this you could do that, spend this you could do that. stfu

5200 i put on the stock diablos.

7000+ on the diablo stradas

these are on the street obviously  :?:

forward me the money and i'll go. poser

Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2009, 10:52:07 PM »

I wish I could get more then 4K out of a rear tire  :( Johnny how many miles dose your tard get on a back tire like 1k?

QikEnuF

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2009, 10:57:38 PM »

there are several places that have ranked the xb at the top in handling.

a sv650 can't beat anything. sv650 = GIRLS BIKE. retarded looking piece of junk.

1st is to disprove your point.

2nd is something you failed to address.

3rd Why would I fund you the money only to have you flake out?

Ever been to the track, Johnboy?  Or are your corner carving experiences that allow you to get 5k out of a rear tire pushing the limits of your bike far more than the track ever could?  Let's see those chicken strips, boy...  I can't get even 4k out of a street rear tire before the sides are chewed up.  Maybe you could use some of my takeoffs like above for your corner carving.  I'm sure the middle part of the tires have enough meat on them for you to get your "lean" on.

It is way too easy/fun to get Johnny worked up, then call him a faggot.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:02:09 PM by QikEnuF »

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2009, 11:01:35 PM »

If I win the lotto im going to the track this weekend :mexi:

QikEnuF

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2009, 11:03:07 PM »

If I win the lotto im going to the track this weekend :mexi:

I'm hoping to pick up a CBR6 this weekend if what is left of my dead Kawi gets sold.  Johnny, I'm serious about selling you my take offs.  They'd be perfect for your riding style.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2009, 11:10:49 PM »

qik = poser

i've scraped the feelers on the pegs on my buell on the street... thats using the entire tire. i also commuted... you can get a lot of miles out of the center of the tire ::)

as for my motard about 2 maybe 2.5k on conti sm which are shitty tires and i do not like them at all.

i thought was faster on my husaberg, other people said i was faster on the buell... except after the conti got decently warn i had the front slide out on me several times even when i was putting all the weight i could on the front...

ps: great way to call someone out, tell them to do something you know will never happen. you are a poser
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:15:08 PM by random-strike »

QikEnuF

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2009, 11:15:01 PM »

Oh no, you scraped peg.  I can drag the pegs too if I wanted to go slow enough.  I want to see the edges of your tires.  Otherwise, you aren't leaning enough or going fast enough.  Get up off the bike and get your knee down before your peg hits.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2009, 11:16:31 PM »

Oh no, you scraped peg.  I can drag the pegs too if I wanted to go slow enough.  I want to see the edges of your tires.  Otherwise, you aren't leaning enough or going fast enough.  Get up off the bike and get your knee down before your peg hits.

i don't have knee pucks, like i'm going to scrape my knee off  ::)

qik = pa pa pa pa poser

the first time you ride the bike in a straight line the chicken strips will reappear. you should know this right expert  ::)

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, 11:17:56 PM »

you ranting about chicken strips is the typical motorcycle ricer hogwash

QikEnuF

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2009, 11:19:37 PM »

Still never addressed how the girly SV650 is faster than the 1200 Buell's at the road courses...

Pics of your rear tires please?  Let's see those tires Johnny boy.  I doubt you have pebbled a tire like those in your life... I got tons in my garage I use as motor stands and such that have nothing left on the sides and look almost new in the middle.  You aren't riding hard if you are getting 5k out of a rear tire, period. 

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2009, 11:20:11 PM »

Meh, Henry works on bikes for a living.  You press keyboard buttons and pay welfare moms to stay at home.  Know your place.

QikEnuF

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2009, 11:21:09 PM »

Meh, Henry works on bikes for a living.  You press keyboard buttons and pay welfare moms to stay at home.  Know your place.

Not so much a living, but close enough :)  Can you get on AIM please so I can pass along some of the ignition info?

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2009, 11:22:55 PM »

Still never addressed how the girly SV650 is faster than the 1200 Buell's at the road courses...

Pics of your rear tires please?  Let's see those tires Johnny boy.  I doubt you have pebbled a tire like those in your life... I got tons in my garage I use as motor stands and such that have nothing left on the sides and look almost new in the middle.  You aren't riding hard if you are getting 5k out of a rear tire, period. 

i don't have the buell anymore.

sv650 are pieces of junk and if its faster than a buell around any course its because of the rider.

the sv650 has ~75hp

the brand new sv650 might be better i dont know much about it. the others are garbage

Not so much a living, but close enough :)  Can you get on AIM please so I can pass along some of the ignition info?

poser

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2009, 11:23:45 PM »

Not so much a living, but close enough :)  Can you get on AIM please so I can Henry the shit out of you?

No.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up