:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens when you are never happy with you car's power ( My Turbo Build) 56K  (Read 115814 times)

d-rail

Orgasmic is probably the best way. lol

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93

And Drail just told me a hour ago he's never on R-HMT

If am a ever retarded enough to get hitched (2x) I would either drink myself to death at my wedding or die trying.

d-rail

Not never, hardly ever pedro. Usually just scan, maybe talk shit, then leave. Quick and easy, really sleezy. Just the way I like it.

Pootie

Thanks guys!

I'm finally understanding what the car likes and how to get the most out of it.

It is a tonnn of fun to drive.

I learned that i have been shifting wayyyy too late on my 1-2 shift. (part of that has to do with tq steer, and having to use both hands when launching the car and getting to the shifter late after hitting the limmiter a few times. lol).

I also think it's spinning the tire on the slick. I'll paint the tire and see how far it moves .

Next event is Sunday . But i'll be running bracket off the wastegate to try to get the car somewhat consistent. Blowing the tires away like i did the other night won't win bracket races.

A chick in a Stock Automatic Aultima will beat me.
Stock sleeve LsVtec 552whp@22psi.. 600whp+@28psi
Tuned by you know who! ;-)
10.64@137mph , 20psi nbspnbsp nbspnbsp <ltlt~ An ET that a certin Turbo Accord on here will NEVER reach! Even with a bag of porkring taped to a pole infront his windshild!

boosted 00 black si

• Certified OG

maybe i'll see u there i'm working on getting the si ready  :noel:
go fuck your self

BORN TO BOOST
LITTLE B16.400whp on 16psi

Pootie

maybe i'll see u there i'm working on getting the si ready  :noel:

niceee. See you there!!

Say whats up!
10.64@137mph , 20psi nbspnbsp nbspnbsp <ltlt~ An ET that a certin Turbo Accord on here will NEVER reach! Even with a bag of porkring taped to a pole infront his windshild!

Pootie

Well new year= new project!!

Up for sale is my BABY!!!!

Asking $9000
11.0@126mph on 15-16psi (boost by gear)
10.6@137mph on 20psi (everygear)

Pootie

Reason for the post above is Simple. I need a change!!

I just purchased a boneee stockkkk EG chassis!! It will be torn down and caged and will be build from the ground up!!

Useing all that i have learned on this build to make this one SOLIDDD re-make  ONE time!!!

I now know that it takes to run the #.. Now i want to do it over.

The new build will be a TONN faster and a TONNN more simple!!

Pootie

you owe me over $9000 for trying to sell a xenofrad bannered car on rhmt

i'll write you a check. 8)

jagojon3

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG

LOL @ $9K

Love the smoke pouring through your vents too
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:09:27 AM by jagojon3 »

Turkey soup pancakes sir

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!

LOL @ $9K

$9k is not to bad for what you get, hell of a deal. Pootie does not buy cheap shit, his cars are always well thought out and put together.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS

LOL @ $9K

Price the wheels he mounts his slicks to sometime.

Pootie

LOL @ $9K

car already has a buyer!!

Should be sold in a week and i'll have pix of the new platform soon. Along with some goodies!

Ps: Thanks for all of the GREAT posts and comments on this thread. I hope you guys don't look at this as a sell-out thread..

With the EK chassis i just couldn't possibly make more than 600whp without breaking and ripping the car. I think with a EG the mount situation will be a little better suited for the power i am planning to make ..
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:29:32 PM by Pootie »

DRQPQUT

• Certified OG

ive always liked your car sad to see it go... but i feel you sometimes i get tired of my car but i cant bring myself to sell my car for 9000 and take a 11000 dollar hit OUCH!!!

Pootie

ive always liked your car sad to see it go... but i feel you sometimes i get tired of my car but i cant bring myself to sell my car for 9000 and take a 11000 dollar hit OUCH!!!

yea. only reason why it's selling for soo low is the stock sleeve block .. I know a lot of people don't want to invest in a stock sleeve block. So it's whatever!!

If this was my built/sleeved block the asking price would be close to $15k (since i'd have the supporting mods to hold and support the power it would be making). And it would be a 9 sec car ! ;D

1991civicsi

• Certified OG
Re: What happens when you are never happy with you car's power ( My Turbo Build)
« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2009, 12:11:41 PM »

I should start over with my car too.
"quotquotThis ain'#039#039t no forum, its a gang.. "quotquot BigDaddyVtec

Pootie

New build is well on it's way..

Built longblock should be here this week!! (11:1 compression sleeved GSR).. i'll shed more light once it's in my hands!

And i should start gettin in some goodies at the shop soon.

*New intercooler
*3" Alum bends and straights for cooler pipes
*dual 38mm Tial gates
*Manifold (to be decided)
*Tial 50mm BOV
*Turbo (to be decided).
*M&W Ignition
*Precision 1600cc
*dual Bosh 044 pumps
*New KSport suspension (or TIC, still up in the air).

As it sits right now, i won't have $$ for a tranny and a new twin disc till early Feb ( but hopefully the new chassis will be caged and i can start prepping it to start installing parts)

I can't waittt!!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:30:44 AM by Pootie »

Cooljnateman

Re: What happens when you are never happy with you car's power ( My Turbo Build)
« Reply #227 on: December 11, 2009, 10:48:56 PM »

why 11:1 compression u gna b running low boost? big turbo im asuming?
Integra LS-T nbspnbsp 221.5 Hp 215.5 TQ 5.5psi Dyno-Max add 8-10% and for DynoJet numbers HATERS!

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »

why 11:1 compression u gna b running low boost? big turbo im asuming?

Or High boost, and a big turbo, trying to be like Miller.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

This car will never see pump gas, or low boost!

Pootie

This car will never see pump gas, or low boost!

;D ;D

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

Then what is the point?  Sir, as any plain fool knows, it requires 87 octane pumpgas and piss injection to achieve 700 whp.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself

Then what is the point?  Sir, as any plain fool knows, it requires 87 octane pumpgas and piss injection to achieve 700 whp.

If I may retort; Only on a D series and only with a BISIMOTO cam in it.

OK Sir
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

Pootie

i'm not looking for 700whp  ;)
 But i'll let the build talk.. Pix and progress will be soon to come.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

Sir, I hereby challenge you to a roadrace course; without piss injection you can never compete with me!!!

(okay, I'll stop whoring your thread, I only posted again because I had somehow become unsubscribed)

Pootie

Sir, I hereby challenge you to a roadrace course; without piss injection you can never compete with me!!!

(okay, I'll stop whoring your thread, I only posted again because I had somehow become unsubscribed)
lol.  i figured that was coming! lol
But i'm sure you could beat me on a bicycle in the noodles.
i never said this was a "all around" car. It's a 100% dragracing car. Straight like racing! ( call it peg-leg if you must). But i'm sure i could spend a ton building a GREAT auto-x/road cource car, But chances are it would not go 9s in the 1/4 mile . Right now this is my focus. :yes:

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

I hear you.  I wish I had the money to do a car like yours.  The reality of being a single parent sort of set in and I've decided that import drag racing is not for me.  Oh, I like the cars as much as I always did, but the transmissions to lay the power down are freaking expensive.  I can put less into a car I take roadracing than in one properly done Liberty box that can handle 600-700 for a limited duration before it has to be freshened, and the roadrace car will last longer without fooling with it barring me wadding it up.  Trying to campaign a 600 whp car on a stock-ish gearbox means smaller tire, much more frequent trans rebuilds, and a big hit in the 60' times... I'll settle for something that'll probably turn out to be just as fun, that I can afford to do.

Pootie

I hear you.  I wish I had the money to do a car like yours.  The reality of being a single parent sort of set in and I've decided that import drag racing is not for me.  Oh, I like the cars as much as I always did, but the transmissions to lay the power down are freaking expensive.  I can put less into a car I take roadracing than in one properly done Liberty box that can handle 600-700 for a limited duration before it has to be freshened, and the roadrace car will last longer without fooling with it barring me wadding it up.  Trying to campaign a 600 whp car on a stock-ish gearbox means smaller tire, much more frequent trans rebuilds, and a big hit in the 60' times... I'll settle for something that'll probably turn out to be just as fun, that I can afford to do.

Dito!
 But honestly , i don't know how some of these guys of there shread trannies left n right!!

I was on a stock trans (ITR diff) all of last year and have had 0 issues aside from a bad axel seal. My buddy Rob just went 9.50@162 on a similiar tranny with a MFactory 1st gear/diff.

i Don't see myself ever switching to a tire taller than a 24.5 (maybe a 25"). This year ALLL of my 60's were in the 1.6? and i had one 1.59 . I think with the changes and finally getting a traction bar  and new tires (not the 2 season,40+ passes tires i  was running this year) i can get the car to go consistent high 1.5s to low 1.6s.

I think it's all about pre-loading and boost controle!! This way you don't hurt the tranny on launches and during the run.

My goal for next year is at least a 9.70
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 01:06:20 PM by Pootie »

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

Pootie don't you love going to e-town and seeing everyone not preloading and breaking shit left and right :evil:

Corey

• Certified OG

fyi the problems people are having with stock B trannies is not 1st gear or the launch. its 3rd and 4th when the car has the most load vs power output on it. the only thing youre gonna break off the launch is stock axles and maybe the ring/pinion gears.

go with a staging brake its so much easier then using the ebrake the only downside is you have to eliminate the rear brakes from the pedal which is a good thing because if you run skinnies they will likely lock up on hard slowdown braking.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Up