:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HF to CT26?  (Read 10572 times)

2slow

Re: HF to CT26?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 03:33:10 AM »

Its oversized,shit flanges/interchangablity(op states he wants to change it later),flows similar to the 14b, and sells to mr2 fags for 3 times as much as a 14b. Why would he use it?

kgx

• MR2fag
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 06:02:40 PM »

Its oversized,shit flanges/interchangablity(op states he wants to change it later),flows similar to the 14b, and sells to mr2 fags for 3 times as much as a 14b. Why would he use it?

as an mr2 fag, i second this.

Now you have yet to have any sort of real argument besides "it sucks ass and the flanges are weird".

problem is, those are pretty damn good arguments against the CT series turbos. the turbines are too restrictive for the huge compressors that people want to install in them. eMAP skyrockets before the compressor even gets near its best efficiency islands. it makes no sense to begin a project with a turbo that sucks when he could unload it and pick up one of those $100 garretts you were talking about. start with a turbine/center section that has potential. Robb mentioned the 14b because it's a better turbo than the CT26, hands down. it spools faster and can flow more air, more efficiently. it's also a good 5lbs lighter, can be rebuilt by any creature with opposable thumbs (rebuilt toyota/hitachi turbos usually fail within the first 5k after the rebuild), and they can be upgraded as simply as bolting on a new compressor and housing, etc.

your argument FOR the CT26 is that "he already has one" and "they don't suck that bad." your first premise is a moot point given how easy it is to sell them to kids with 5SFEs that want turbos, and your second premise is false.

2slow

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 06:57:57 PM »

By mr2 fag i meant the douches like the honda tech fags. So rest assured that i wasnt including you into that category kgx

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 07:11:55 PM »

as an mr2 fag, i second this.

Now you have yet to have any sort of real argument besides "it sucks ass and the flanges are weird".

problem is, those are pretty damn good arguments against the CT series turbos. the turbines are too restrictive for the huge compressors that people want to install in them. eMAP skyrockets before the compressor even gets near its best efficiency islands. it makes no sense to begin a project with a turbo that sucks when he could unload it and pick up one of those $100 garretts you were talking about. start with a turbine/center section that has potential. Robb mentioned the 14b because it's a better turbo than the CT26, hands down. it spools faster and can flow more air, more efficiently. it's also a good 5lbs lighter, can be rebuilt by any creature with opposable thumbs (rebuilt toyota/hitachi turbos usually fail within the first 5k after the rebuild), and they can be upgraded as simply as bolting on a new compressor and housing, etc.

your argument FOR the CT26 is that "he already has one" and "they don't suck that bad." your first premise is a moot point given how easy it is to sell them to kids with 5SFEs that want turbos, and your second premise is false.

Wierd how your talking about the wrong fucking ct26. The supra ct26 is a good sized turbo capable of over 300whp. Did you even look at what one he has.

Using the inducer/exducer dimensions, the stock CT26 is sized between a T3 60-trim and a T3 “super” 60-trim, which flow between 34 and 36 lbs/min, respectively. Given that, the stock CT26 wheel should flow about 35 lbs/min.

Stock – ~35 lbs/min (1.811” inducer, 2.559” exducer – 2.185” average

His turbo:

So i have to ask how the FUCK does the mr2 "smaller" ct26 even come into play here? You guys are trying to be mr. badass yet are talking about the wrong fucking turbo.

From the looks of this the turbine wheel looks to be larger then the stg 1 garrett turbine wheel in the 42/48 and 60/63 wierd you guys don't hate on them for being POS.

T3 Turbine - - 1.898" 2.319"

Supra ct26  - - 1.97" 2.36"

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 08:05:52 PM »

Would you two stop dancing and just fuck or fight already?

kgx

• MR2fag
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2010, 09:22:57 PM »

By mr2 fag i meant the douches like the honda tech fags. So rest assured that i wasnt including you into that category kgx

you shut up. i wear my jdm nose badge with pride.

if it IS a supra CT26, all the more reason to sell it. find some ST165 kid who wants a bigger turbo and make some $ off it. it's the same turbine as the MR2's CT26 with a slightly bigger compressor (think CT20b) and larger, single scroll turbine housing. the only reason it makes more power is because the turbine nozzle is the size of a bluejay's anus instead of a hummingbird's.

if he were shackled to a 3sgte manifold, i might not disagree so vehemently, but since he's starting out with the option to use any of several turbos, it just makes more sense to sell it and start on a better foundation. keep it simple.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 12:01:53 AM »

if it IS a supra CT26, all the more reason to sell it. find some ST165 kid who wants a bigger turbo and make some $ off it. it's the same turbine as the MR2's CT26 with a slightly bigger compressor (think CT20b) and larger, single scroll turbine housing. the only reason it makes more power is because the turbine nozzle is the size of a bluejay's anus instead of a hummingbird's.

if he were shackled to a 3sgte manifold, i might not disagree so vehemently, but since he's starting out with the option to use any of several turbos, it just makes more sense to sell it and start on a better foundation. keep it simple.

Yeah the larger compressor wheel has nothing to do with it. Just the turbine housing. Oh and don't forget that oh so fucking tiny turbine wheel thats actually larger then the sought after 60/63.  :?:

anytime you want to stop being a dick in this thread and simply stfu would be nice.

2slow

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 12:19:45 AM »

Im pretty sure niether points are going to be understood here soooooooooooo. /thread op already found his answe

kgx

• MR2fag
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 02:02:09 PM »

Yeah the larger compressor wheel has nothing to do with it. Just the turbine housing. Oh and don't forget that oh so fucking tiny turbine wheel thats actually larger then the sought after 60/63.  :?:

anytime you want to stop being a dick in this thread and simply stfu would be nice.

A bigger turbine isn't necessarily better/less restrictive. A TD06 turbine is bigger than a TD06H, but flows less. And a TD06SL is smaller than both and will outflow and outspool both.  You're ignoring blade geometry, hub thickness, etc.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 08:40:48 AM »

A bigger turbine isn't necessarily better/less restrictive. A TD06 turbine is bigger than a TD06H, but flows less. And a TD06SL is smaller than both and will outflow and outspool both.  You're ignoring blade geometry, hub thickness, etc.

Yeah and your over thinking everything in an attempt to backtrack sense you were talking about the wrong turbo. Good day.

ps: please don't come at me with some turbine wheel geometry like i'm a stupid nigger like 2slow.

2slow

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 04:42:54 PM »

Haha i guess i hurt the fags feelings.                                                                "Oh noez a guy on da intrawebz sayz i dont haz knowledgabiliteez"-turbob16hatch     
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up