:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: d15b7 blow up to D16z6 build  (Read 23049 times)

Christo19

• RHMT
Re: d15b7 blow up to D16z6 build
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 04:44:07 PM »

I will get some more pics this week of everything

Ha no I didn't, I want to get the setup dialed in at 16lbs first then I will get that going again and update you about it, I need a couple things for it too

NoPistons!

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 06:32:59 PM »

Such a good thread.  You got any frenz with an iphone5 or galaxy s to film some rippers for you?

FOUR DOORS FOR MOAR WHORES!   Quality build.  only thing i would have done different is added a "tap in" block guard so you dont crack the cylinders.  They're weak up there.  You fully balanced everything but still have an open deck.  That sir you may want to fix as soon as funds allow.   Not trying to worry you by any means.  It's cheap insurance.  Protect yo neck!

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 07:39:40 PM »

Such a good thread.  You got any frenz with an iphone5 or galaxy s to film some rippers for you?

FOUR DOORS FOR MOAR WHORES!   Quality build.  only thing i would have done different is added a "tap in" block guard so you dont crack the cylinders.  They're weak up there.  You fully balanced everything but still have an open deck.  That sir you may want to fix as soon as funds allow.   Not trying to worry you by any means.  It's cheap insurance.  Protect yo neck!

Block guards on a D-series is a waste.  :noel:
Having push a few d16y8 and z6 blocks past 30psig+ @ 7k revs never ruined a sleeve.
Broke pistons, but never fuckup a sleeve.

Christo19

• RHMT
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 10:25:19 PM »

Ha thanks man, I thought about a block guard a lot and did lots of research and found plenty of people pushing stock d blocks much higher then I planned to go with out them so I decided against it and it would save me monies!

I will get some rippers soon! I had a someone film some the other day but it was night and they turned out pretty shitty 

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2013, 02:58:28 PM »

No. Block guards are worse than D cylinders left alone. 75mm D sleeves are fine till 600whp. A block gaurd will distort the cylinders since it's a machined part forced into a cast hole. If you did want to support the cylinders there is the cncwerx css. The block is machined for a block gaurd type device and they have been in 9 second B series with stock sleeves.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2013, 03:14:53 PM »

No. Block guards are worse than D cylinders left alone. 75mm D sleeves are fine till 600whp. A block gaurd will distort the cylinders since it's a machined part forced into a cast hole. If you did want to support the cylinders there is the cncwerx css. The block is machined for a block gaurd type device and they have been in 9 second B series with stock sleeves.
Seriously!!!

Look at his turbo and setup, do you think he is going to be seeing 600whp with that setup, without sprinkling 'Bisi BS magic.  :?:

Christo19

• RHMT
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2013, 03:51:27 PM »

Ha yea my goal for this is 300 whp with the stock head and to daily it.
But I have another z6 head that I plan to build, p&p, good springs and retainers, 3 angle valve job, bisi 2.4 cam or something close. And once that gets swapped on I may have to see if I can hit about 400whp because I want to but to turn it down on the street

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »

But I have another z6 head that I plan to build, p&p, good springs and retainers, 3 angle valve job, bisi 2.4 cam or something close. And once that gets swapped on I may have to see if I can hit about 400whp because I want to but to turn it down on the street

400whp still would not hurt sleeve, unless someone fucks the tune, not easily street-able in such a light car DD.

Just keep the water/meth setup handy when you get to that level.  :noel:

Christo19

• RHMT
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2013, 04:48:36 PM »

400whp still would not hurt sleeve, unless someone fucks the tune, not easily street-able in such a light car DD.

Just keep the water/meth setup handy when you get to that level.  :noel:

Better not! When I go for that power I till be tuning on a dyno and hopefully not fuck up the tune  O0
I don't plan to drive 400whp on the street ever since I'm sure that will spin the tires in any gear and well pretty much kill me :evil: and ohhh yes the water meth will be in full force at that power with some extra goodies I have planned

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2013, 04:50:18 PM »

Ditch the bisi cam. You could out power that with a stock z6 cam.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

Christo19

• RHMT
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2013, 05:16:41 PM »

Ditch the bisi cam. You could out power that with a stock z6 cam.

I am thinking of  the bisi 2.4 or a 272-2, I would like to be able to make more power with out having to raise the boost as much but I will wait for a deal since I need to get the rest of the head done.

Christo19

• RHMT
Re: d15b7 blow up to D16z6 build to baller ass 57 trim set up
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2013, 05:23:21 PM »

Old set up, was kinda messy and It pissed me off

tear down

old baby turbo vs new baller one  :noel:

Mounted up the intercooler, I cut into the support so I could tuck it higher, thinking of building some kind of bash bar so I have some kinda crash protection

new intercooler is black now and stealthy still  O0

Heres my 3" down pipe I built from scratch, I used some mandrel bends off a stock tahoe exhaust and added the flex joint with a V band, also there is my waste gate screamer pipe that I built using parts of the stock exhaust off my CX hatch. Saved lots of $$$ here  :Jew:

mounted up, sorry for crap picture

Here is the rest of the exhaust I have so far, 3" thrush glasspack vbanded to the down pipe, vbands are the best! It quieted it down some but its dumb loud still and resonates badly, I just need to order more stuff to build the rest, also it will make it more sleeper!

random pics

small yellow spring 6psi

I can't wait to add more exhaust so my head doesn't have to hurt any more and when I build the rest I am going to pull off the down pipe and wastegate dump to bead blast them and paint them to protect it and make them look better. I also may add some wrap on the upper parts to keep heat out of the bay.

No rippers but I gave you needy bastards something :smartass:

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 10:40:13 AM »

The bisi cam will cause trouble. Forget that thing exists. I have a 272-2 in my car now but have never dyno'd it to see how it does.  I used to DD a vitara z6 with a stock intake, tb, and cam at 310whp 15psi. 22psi got me 400whp with a cast manifold and eBay turbo. Don't over think this.
obd1>gtgtall

Christo19

• RHMT
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2013, 04:56:11 PM »

The bisi cam will cause trouble. Forget that thing exists. I have a 272-2 in my car now but have never dyno'd it to see how it does.  I used to DD a vitara z6 with a stock intake, tb, and cam at 310whp 15psi. 22psi got me 400whp with a cast manifold and eBay turbo. Don't over think this.
How? Chances are I will end up getting a 272-2 since the cost is lower, I just want to make more power with lower boost. I have a 60mm TB matched to a z6 intake manifold thats port matched. Its a daily so I drive the piss out of it and would like it to last a little longer! And I want to push it later and break 400whp  ;DDD

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2013, 09:15:48 AM »

Someone here posted dyno sheets of a bisi cam making less power than a stock z6 cam. Don't remember much other than that though.
obd1>gtgtall

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2013, 03:49:11 PM »

Was one of the bc Canada boys. He took it to speedfactory and they were baffled with why it didn't make power. He ended up with a colt cam. And was really happy with it.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2013, 04:30:13 PM »

Was one of the bc Canada boys. He took it to speedfactory and they were baffled with why it didn't make power. He ended up with a colt cam. And was really happy with it.

Danz I believe  :noel:

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2013, 05:13:11 PM »

That would be him...
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

Christo19

• RHMT
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2013, 09:30:29 PM »

Danz I believe  :noel:

Ah yes but that was with the Bisi lv 1.2 cam, I would go for the lv 2.4 if I went bisi because of this http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/131385-bisimoto-vs-zex-comp-vs-crower-vs-blox-cam-test.html  :noel:

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2013, 08:10:41 AM »

Oh yea, for sure. Cause there is no way a magazine that lives on Bisi's nuts wouldn't be biased.

I'm not saying the guy hasn't gone fast. 1/4 mile time slips don't lie. It's odd though that nobody has ever done anything similar with his parts and even his own close personal friends don't talk to him anymore.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 08:13:19 AM by PhilStubbs »
obd1>gtgtall

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »

I tuned a big boost Y8 that made shit all for power when he switched to a Bisi cam, lost 75whp at the same boost level.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

Christo19

• RHMT
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2013, 10:00:43 PM »

Ha well I think I will be going delta  O0 or something....

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2013, 09:12:35 AM »

I'm a little undecided on the delta. I have yet to see any real dyno sheets. I have the 272-2. Just haven't had a chance to properly tune the car and dyno it yet. The never ending rain in Florida is ruining my life.
obd1>gtgtall

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2013, 10:04:27 PM »

Ha well I think I will be going delta  O0 or something....

Crower.

Some of the Delta stuff seems to do well, I had a 272 grind in my A6 that I was never super happy with but it seems like some of their other Honda cams do well.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

jdmhatchracer94

• I have a nova that will never run!!
  • Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2013, 10:53:21 PM »

Have never heard good or bad from the delta can. Know one guy that had one and couldn't even get it running
4 door eg nbspnbsp 13.2@118 someone needs to run slicks
338hp 293tq

Good enough to fuck your mother

Christo19

• RHMT
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2013, 10:30:42 AM »

Small update:
I have a gm 3 bar in and it tuned to only about 11 psi but snow isn't letting me tune....

Got my exhaust done, all 3" mandrel from the turbo back and v band clamps. 2 thrush glasspacks in the middle and a dynomax super turbo in the back. Sounds good, pretty quiet so its sleeper. Added some extra sleeperness with my fake rusty shit ass tail pipe

New air filter

built a catch can from home depot stuff. Working well, no more dipstick popping out issues.

I got a sweet deal on another d16z6 head, edelbrock intake manifold and 60mm tb, AEM cam gear, holley 36lb? injectors, powder coated VC, dizzy w external coil cap, and guy said it had a crower cam and springs but I think they look stock.... but the head looks like its in really good shape and it was all $200  :noel:

So I plan to build up this head
-3 angle valve job
-mild P&P
-cam
-springs/retainers
-use AEM gear
-match edelbrock manifold to head and clean up casting

Also need to give the suspension and brakes some much needed attention....
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:34:18 AM by Christo19 »

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2013, 10:43:05 AM »

Looks, good what part of Montana are you at?

Christo19

• RHMT
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2013, 11:30:09 AM »

Thanks, I'm in Bozeman, dumped 6+ inches yesterday and is 6* F right now....

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2013, 01:07:46 PM »

Kool, expecting almost 10 straight days of snow here, got 1" so far  :noel:

Christo19

• RHMT
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2013, 01:57:30 PM »

Kool, expecting almost 10 straight days of snow here, got 1" so far  :noel:
Where are you at? haha snow is coming, its about to get really cold here too with a low of -17 tomorrow.... Up at the ski hill they have gotten 15" in last 24 hrs  ;DDD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up