:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear mount bolt  (Read 3843 times)

Jorsher

• Certified OG
Rear mount bolt
« on: June 29, 2010, 04:20:34 PM »

Not really a question or a big deal, I'll just find a bolt that works, but curious about this:

24     90188-SF1-010     BOLT, HEX. (12X61)     002     1993     INTEGRA     

It says there are 2 of bolt #24 required.  It's a long 19mm bolt that couldn't possibly go anywhere else on the diagram.  The top one threads in all the way, no problem.

The bottom one, since the mount is "thinner" at that bolt, the bolt will not thread fully in.

I'm just going to find another bolt that will work, but what the hell is up with that diagram?  My engine is rocking and breaking exhaust frequently along with wearing down a hole in the valve cover.  I'm not sure that missing bolt is the problem since there are two others holding the block to the mount, but, it's the only thing I can think of.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
Re: Rear mount bolt
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 05:02:59 PM »

What dont you get? Its 2 19mm bolts, and one is longer then the other one.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

DasPoop

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 09:41:14 PM »

if it threads in to deep how about a bunch o washers or perhaps swap them around if its too short? its a honda just go to the bone yard and grab one stick it in your pocket and call it a day  :noel:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:44:30 PM by DasPoop »
Na mike:"quotquotthe one i had was a real bbw, not just a fat chick, but a huge fat chick"quotquot

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 12:03:16 AM »

But Honda is basicly saying the 2 bolts are the same P#, meaning same length. Bone mentioned they have the d-side tranny seals on another diagram wrong (zc instead of normal b or d seals), so they aren't always perfect.

I'd definately add that bolt, but it's most likely bad mounts causing issues. 3M Window Weld time (napa). If it's exhaust studs not the exhaust pipes breaking, it's a warped header flange.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:23:25 PM by HiProfile »
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 05:37:59 AM »

But Honda is basicly saying the 2 bolts are the same P#, meaning same length. Bone mentioned they have the d-side tranny seals on another diagram, so they aren't always perfect.

I'd definately add that bolt, but it's most likely bad mounts causing issues. 3M Window Weld time (napa). If it's exhaust studs not the exhaust pipes breaking, it's a warped header flange.

I'm glad someone knows what I'm talking about.

It'd take a ton of washers to make it fit, just making sure I wasn't crazy.

Anyway, I put the bolt in and it's stayed in so far and has stopped the engine from rocking around.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 09:22:47 PM »

Well then check to see if the top #25 bolt is in. It goes through the tranny from the passenger side, iirc. If putting the lowest bolt in fixed it, something's telling me the top is missing.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 12:32:35 AM »

Well then check to see if the top #25 bolt is in. It goes through the tranny from the passenger side, iirc. If putting the lowest bolt in fixed it, something's telling me the top is missing.

You would think that, but nope.  Was only missing the bottom bolt when I took the engine out.

Put it back in, threw on the too-long bolt Honda says to use, and threw some loctite on the end...

Has held in for a few weeks now.  If it ever falls out I'll grab one from the hardware store that is the proper length.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 01:02:11 AM »

Has held in for a few weeks now.  If it ever falls out I'll grab one from the hardware store that is the proper length.

Well then you are a lucky bastard living to such an awsome hardware store. IIRC every bolt over 6mm on Hondas are fine threads, and larger bolts use super-fine threads. They tend to be m#x1.25mm for m8's and larger, or maybe m10's. The only way I found taps for them was by chance - someone selling a "vintage" japanese bike tap set, m10/m12/m14x1.25mm. Fastenal and McMaster are my only go-to places besides Honda.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 12:18:45 PM »

Well then you are a lucky bastard living to such an awsome hardware store. IIRC every bolt over 6mm on Hondas are fine threads, and larger bolts use super-fine threads. They tend to be m#x1.25mm for m8's and larger, or maybe m10's. The only way I found taps for them was by chance - someone selling a "vintage" japanese bike tap set, m10/m12/m14x1.25mm. Fastenal and McMaster are my only go-to places besides Honda.

I don't know if the place here has it.  Probably not, if they're that odd...  Either way, we have a Fastenal here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up