:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: to4b v trim  (Read 4167 times)

papercuts

to4b v trim
« on: April 24, 2009, 09:49:21 AM »

So I have a to4b v trim stage 2 with a .48 exhaust housing. Any one else use this turbo on a d16. I searched the net but all I can really find is that dsm's use it to but never state exhaust housing size. Any body got any ideas on this thing

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
Re: to4b v trim
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:27:06 AM »

Should spool fine.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 03:36:47 PM »

that will be a nice street turbo for sure, that .48 will help alot in the spool department

Aero

• Turbotalk.org
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »

The V trim's they use on DSM's use the approximately .55a/r BEP housing. They do have surge issues on the 4g63 though.

papercuts

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »

Yea I noticed that the ones they used were bulleyes. Is the surge just a thing the dsm's have a problem with. Mine is a turbonetics and is external gated. The turbo is rated 390 to 410 hp. I'm sure that's at the crank. I won't be going that far with it till I get another motor put together with pistons and rods. rite now I'm lookin to run 12 to 14 #'s on my sock z6. 
I figure the 48 housing will be holding it back later on down the road when I do get ready to turn the boost up to about 22#'s. I'm thinkin then I will probably buy a 63 housing for that. Just outta curiousity how do u think the 63 would spool compared to the 48.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 06:03:51 PM »

You can have all the parts to build a good vitara short block for less then $600.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

papercuts

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 11:06:49 PM »

Iunno. Wats the compression with the custom rods? For 600 I could buy used pistons and rods. I don't. I really wanna do head work next. Valvetrain zex 59300 cam intake and throttle bodt from chris and maybe some port work from chris if I can ge everything together. Also wanna get an hf third gear for my fourth gear. And maybe merh injection in the future. Also have everything for a dry shot but would rather a wet shot

mycarslow

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 12:52:26 PM »

info i could from a guy off another site i forgot where tho..
Well since it's a full T4; that means it has a T4 turbine wheel (yours looks to be a P-trim turbine wheel) and a T4 turbine housing. Those will slow down the spool significantly and only allow it to make full boost way high in the rev range. The V-trim is a very quick spooling compressor though, but the turbine components are just too big to spool on a 4-banger. Now if you converted it to a T3/T4 and swapped out the T4 turbine components with T3 turbine components ; you would have a quick spooling turbo and still get to utilize the v-trim. If you converted it to a T3/T4 that would make it a T3/TO4B v-trim which is an absolutely exceptional turbocharger for 400whp>. Get that P-trim wheel outta there along with the oversized turbine housing and you'll fall in love with the turbo in T3/T4 configuration. It's a straightforward conversion that I've done over 100 times.
I assure you that a T3/TO4B v-trim would make power way sooner and would shock you the first time you felt it kick. All you need is a T3 turbine wheel (either 68 or 76 trim), a T3 turbine housing, and then a good quality rebuild kit. If the T3 you use for a donor has a good center section, then you may not need anything except new sealing rings and o-rings which are about $30.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 02:29:07 PM »

So I have a to4b v trim stage 2 with a .48 exhaust housing.

Its apparently a t3/t4 hybrid, its just that turbo n00bs seem to be JUST talking about the compressors nowadays.

You will be able to run 13's with a decent car, my friend spent $600 on some janky used turbo kit, and ran 14.3 with an otherwise fully stock 93 EX (chassis, suspension, engine, steelies). I would highly suggest building the bottom end BEFORE the head. A broken rod is far worse than a weak cam. A stock z6 im/cam/head can do >400whp anyways, proven by facts the prove it.

Boost your stock block, LEAVE it stock, and put pistons/rods into the other. You can always do head work later. Its all of $30 for OEM head & intake gaskets.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

papercuts

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 08:40:06 PM »

Thanks goes to the 3 of u guys. Prolly gonna do the vitara build here shortly. Good point u made hiprofile about the head.
 In about 3 months I will be buying pistons and rods. Will let yall know wat road I take when I get there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up