:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone Ever used JET DST?  (Read 3430 times)

DSharp

Anyone Ever used JET DST?
« on: September 21, 2010, 12:11:46 AM »

A buddy wants me to tune is turbo 96 camaro.  I have looked at his current map through his editor.  I cant figure out how this shit makes adjustments under boost.  Any one else used this crap?
No escape from the mass mind rape

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: Anyone Ever used JET DST?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 08:53:23 AM »

There is no way to rescale the load axis on LT1 ECUs, forced induction on the stock ECU is not advised.  Pick up a DFI Gen7 (and early 90s 4L60E TCU if she's an auto) for $400 on ebay and be done with it.

Anyway, on the subject.  Call JET and ask them about the DST... they bought the rights to TunerCATS OBD2, at which point all development stopped.  They know exactly jack and shit, and recently recommended to 79fairmont to use HP Tuners.

Is this JET DST something you already have access to?  Hit my PMs.

DSharp

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 11:11:23 PM »

PM sent.

I have the program on my laptop.  Jet's support sucks, I have already dealt with them on a different matter regarding DST.

I do not know who, but a professional tuner in NC already tuned the car and the car runs like crap.  I assume the fact that the car is using the stock computer might have something to do with it.  In the map he has 29 deg timing @ 1 ATM.  I guess this means that he is running this timing in all levels of boost.  wow......

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 01:01:28 AM »

I think I forgot to direct you here: http://www.monodax.com/forums/

I had this discussion with 79fairmont last week, seemed to me I'd provided the link recently so I forgot to provide it to you.  It's a miracle I remember to eat with how my mind works.

Ryan @ RPM tuned the car?

DSharp

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 04:54:14 PM »

No Ryan did not tune the car.  Carolina auto masters tuned the car. 

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:13:19 PM »

Jeff Creech knows the ropes.  He's a big proponent of finding MBT on the dyno and then knocking a few degrees off of that so the engine lives a good long life.  I've met him a couple times, talked to him quite a lot online, been on his dyno once, and he hosted a Fanglers mini-meet for me back in '05 or so.  Not a n00b, wreckless, or dumb.

I've really got minimal Chebby experience to know anything about required timing.  I believe some of those motors like a lot of timing, although you are knock limited by your fuel.  I recall old man Hendren in Rutherfordton builds some SB2 based 350s that make 800 whp at 28-30 degrees advance on VP 118, IIRC it's a 67-70mm compressor limited class they compete in.  He told me a bit about them when I was on his dyno some years back, so my facts and figures could be a little off.

DasPoop

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 06:14:42 PM »

really depends on the heads. Vortech heads usually like quite a bit of timing in the 25-26* range at 6000 rpm with a 35r at 18lbs of boost where at I have seen the fast burn heads use as little as 18* of timing with nearly the same setup. It really depends what the motor wants. Lt1 motors are really limited as far as an rpm range by the intake manifold as it usually chokes up around 5000 rpm. as far as fuel tuning pm me i might have a very good solution that will run sweet and give you plenty of adjustment
Na mike:"quotquotthe one i had was a real bbw, not just a fat chick, but a huge fat chick"quotquot

79fairmont

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 10:47:40 PM »

Fuck Jet Dst, it is workable but I'm not a fan of it. Basically when you have simple question and they point you to use another tuning product you know your screwed. Beside the no logging and having to stop and reflash the pcm it is actually useable but the lack of tech support sucks. The site jd sent you a link to is helpful.

DSharp

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 08:11:20 AM »

Jeff Creech knows the ropes.  He's a big proponent of finding MBT on the dyno and then knocking a few degrees off of that so the engine lives a good long life.  I've met him a couple times, talked to him quite a lot online, been on his dyno once, and he hosted a Fanglers mini-meet for me back in '05 or so.  Not a n00b, wreckless, or dumb.

I've really got minimal Chebby experience to know anything about required timing.  I believe some of those motors like a lot of timing, although you are knock limited by your fuel.  I recall old man Hendren in Rutherfordton builds some SB2 based 350s that make 800 whp at 28-30 degrees advance on VP 118, IIRC it's a 67-70mm compressor limited class they compete in.  He told me a bit about them when I was on his dyno some years back, so my facts and figures could be a little off.

His operation looks legit from what I can see.  I don't know all the details about him tuning my friends car, I was just told that it happened.  I also know that my buddies car sees single digit afr's in boost. 

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 09:29:47 AM »

If that's with an old wideband sensor, or an AEM unit, plz disregard.

Regardless, I'm interested in any insight/tech you have to offer on the subject since I'm pretty sure you're going to tune with it.

DSharp

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 11:44:46 AM »

There is certainly the possibility of a faulty wideband.  Ill offer up tech/ insight that I learn.  I'm not going to lie though, when it comes to tuning a GM I am a noob.  It might be a while before I get it figured out, I tend to stay pretty dam busy.

DSharp

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 10:47:07 AM »

My Idea:
The load scalar is based of map voltage.  Switch out a 2 or 3 bar map sensor and retune the maps accordingly.  Just ignore the pressure shown in the editor, and figure out what each column actually corresponds to.

taken from:http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/mapsensor.htm

Thoughts?  Comments?

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 10:55:51 AM »

There can be a lot of pressure related corrections in the stock ECU that need to be changed, or aren't accessible to be changed.  It might work great, it might not.  Keep your eyes open.

DSharp

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »

Well I just noticed that you can't tune VE tables above 100%.  This means that while tricking with the ecu with other MAP, you would have to use the MAF for fuel.  You could not tune VE tables properly while doing this.  Maybe you could adjust the injector size untill the ve tables came close and then make up for it in the MAF tables.  I would like to experiment but my buddy does not have the LOGGER.  It would be nice if I could get the logger somehow....

79fairmont

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 10:52:56 PM »

Once the vortech blower makes it's way back and I reinstall it I'll play with the dst software some more and see if I can be of more help. I'm fumbling my way thru it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up