:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens when you are never happy with you car's power ( My Turbo Build) 56K  (Read 115273 times)

Pootie

i have some stainless steel piping laying around . Should i go with the trend and go 4" up-pipe out the hood. (i came across a cheappp parts car. and got an extra hood and doors to cut).

I'm thinking cutting one hood to run the exhaust out, and leaving the other for when i drive the car on the street.

BY THE WAY!! I GOT MY FUCKING LICENSE BACKK. So the car will be insured in a week or 2.
Stock sleeve LsVtec 552whp@22psi.. 600whp+@28psi
Tuned by you know who! ;-)
10.64@137mph , 20psi nbspnbsp nbspnbsp <ltlt~ An ET that a certin Turbo Accord on here will NEVER reach! Even with a bag of porkring taped to a pole infront his windshild!

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS

Congrats on the license!  It's been a few years since I went through my license BS, I know how good it feels to get it back.

d-rail

Re: What happens when you are never happy with you car's power ( My Turbo Build)
« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2009, 06:18:40 AM »

Congrats on the license!  It's been a few years since I went through my license BS, I know how good it feels to get it back.

Lost mine for over a yr. Driving to work after getting them back was like driving to school for the 1st time.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

I lost mine for a year and no one informed me of it.  I got pulled over in a car I'd just bought the day before because it had an expired inspection sticker, the trooper was super pissed until he realised that I'd been eligible to get my license back for four months and nobody buys car/buys tag/buys insurance and doesn't drop $20 on a license if they knew about it.  The second time I walked everywhere for about 5 weeks until I got my shiot straightened out, that sucked.

bgdriver

Congrats on the license. I just got mine back two weeks ago, five days after that I broke my right hand. Every car at my house is a manual so I can't drive any ways.
1990 civic si
Turbo d16z6 going in.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

Learn the left hand crossover.

Pootie

Learn the left hand crossover.
i used to use that move to play with boobies while driving when i was younger!!

And now the wife loves it!! ;D
10.64@137mph , 20psi nbspnbsp nbspnbsp <ltlt~ An ET that a certin Turbo Accord on here will NEVER reach! Even with a bag of porkring taped to a pole infront his windshild!

Pootie

I lost mine for a year and no one informed me of it.  I got pulled over in a car I'd just bought the day before because it had an expired inspection sticker, the trooper was super pissed until he realised that I'd been eligible to get my license back for four months and nobody buys car/buys tag/buys insurance and doesn't drop $20 on a license if they knew about it.  The second time I walked everywhere for about 5 weeks until I got my shiot straightened out, that sucked.

that sucks.. I didn't know mine was suspended due to a bench warrent a year ago. (all my mail was  still going to my old address in Syracuse) and i didn't know when my court date was. Got pulled over for being a  O0 on a Friday night.The cop was a dickkk and i guess it was the end of the month. I ended up spending 2 days in jail while it was all sorted out.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself

Got pulled over for being a  O0 on a Friday night.The cop was a dickkk and i guess it was the end of the month. I ended up spending 2 days in jail while it was all sorted out.

HAHAHAHAH thats fucking shitty, but it made me laugh.   :mexi:
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

Pootie

well yesterday a  buddy of mine mentioned if i wanted some drag radials. He said they had some meat left on them, they are pretty much doneee!! :-\. But they hold air and i was going to order a set of these anyway. So i'm sure i can get 2-3 good passes out of these to get an idea.
I said sure since one of my front tires had a slow leak.

Well he stopped by with these babies!! ;D

Had some help changing them :yes:

all done, i still have to raise the front a lil bit.They don't rub on turns, but i'm sure when i break they will hit the fender.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:43:11 AM by Pootie »

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

:noel:

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
Re: What happens when you are never happy with you car's power ( My Turbo Build)
« Reply #191 on: November 04, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »

so wheres it at
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

Pootie

« Reply #192 on: November 04, 2009, 05:11:20 PM »

so wheres it at

i'm only in controle of my car and driving!!  Mother nature is another story!!

I donno what state you are in . But it's been shitty here!!

But i'm aiming to get to a test n tune either this Friday or Next Wed. But the rain date for the November 1st Street Wars is on the 15th!! So sooner or leter it will happen. Sit tight! ;D

Pootie

well after some testing.. the chassis ripped by the driver side mount (that tripod bracket that bolts to the car that cradels the mount).
 It ripped at that point. I will be taking it to a shop tomorrow to get welded and reinforced!!

Then off to Etown for test n tune!!

Honestly it's been ripping for some time now, But it's completly apart now!!

I'll have pix of the damage tomorrow!

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!

well after some testing.. the chassis ripped by the driver side mount (that tripod bracket that bolts to the car that cradels the mount).
 It ripped at that point. I will be taking it to a shop tomorrow to get welded and reinforced!!

Then off to Etown for test n tune!!

Honestly it's been ripping for some time now, But it's completly apart now!!

I'll have pix of the damage tomorrow!

Dam that sucks but could have been worse off.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

boosted 00 black si

• Certified OG

the same shit happened to me in the si i thought i was the only one  :D fucking sucks ek's got that gay ass bracket
go fuck your self

BORN TO BOOST
LITTLE B16.400whp on 16psi

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

the same shit happened to me in the si i thought i was the only one  :D fucking sucks ek's got that gay ass bracket

It happens in other chassis, too.  I know it's hard to believe, but if you're making 400+ in an econobox the mount frackets start tearing away from the frame.

Pootie

well guys. i have the car warming up. And its on the dolly and off to the shop to get repaired and off to the track.. I will be running a 06 E55 AMG Benz for small $$ should be fun!!

Cooljnateman

« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2009, 02:29:40 PM »

well guys. i have the car warming up. And its on the dolly and off to the shop to get repaired and off to the track.. I will be running a 06 E55 AMG Benz for small $$ should be fun!!

just tell the guy driving the e55 amg to "just throw it in the bag" hahah no chance
Integra LS-T nbspnbsp 221.5 Hp 215.5 TQ 5.5psi Dyno-Max add 8-10% and for DynoJet numbers HATERS!

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself

Seen a AMG go low 11s  (11.20s at 120) on DRs the other day at the  track
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

Pootie

Seen a AMG go low 11s  (11.20s at 120) on DRs the other day at the  track

yea this one runs 11.40s@122mph

should be a good race.

1991civicsi

• Certified OG
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2009, 08:05:34 PM »

in for updates...
"quotquotThis ain'#039#039t no forum, its a gang.. "quotquot BigDaddyVtec

Pootie

Benz was a no-show!!

And on the first pass i went 10.64@137mph!!

Got the boooot!!

Was then told that if i go quicker then 11.50 or faster 135mph i would never get to run my car at Etown again!!

very next pass was me letting off at the 1/8th mile and on the brakes!!

11.9@85mph!!  8)

This was on 20psi on a single stage manual boost controller.

I'm beat, heading to bed!!

i never got the 10.64 slip. So you'll have to take my word for it. But i'll post the 11.9@85mph tomorrow.

boosted 00 black si

• Certified OG

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
go fuck your self

BORN TO BOOST
LITTLE B16.400whp on 16psi

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

:noel:

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2009, 11:14:33 AM »

:o  <--Impressed

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

Pootie

« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2009, 11:45:22 AM »

thanks guys..

car # 8381

This was my worst 60' (i had the slicks at almost 16psi) i had a slow leak in one slick due to debris at the track  >:(.  So i had higher than normal air in the tires incase it went down. By the time i got to the lanes they called me right away. And my buddy only got to take out a little air and match tire pressure in both slicks.. So i ran with ballons. And shook the tire  baddd in 1st and 2nd.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:51:47 AM by Pootie »

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

That's a slow trap for that ET, you sure you didn't get into the brakes BEFORE the 1/8th mile mark?

There's a lot left in your car, work on the traction/60' deal and it'll come to you.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

Fucken wow! your moving @ 135mph!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

Pootie

That's a slow trap for that ET, you sure you didn't get into the brakes BEFORE the 1/8th mile mark?

There's a lot left in your car, work on the traction/60' deal and it'll come to you.
Brembo FTW!! lol

My 60' on that pass was due to shitty tire pressure (i had a slow leak in one slick because of a piece of glass at the track in the pits >:().. So to avoid being under 6psi b4 i race,i put both tires at 20psi. When i got to the lanes they called my lane right away. My buddy was only able to level off the tire pressure (which was about 18psi). So i ran on ballons!!

I shook (spinning)  the tire baddddd in 1st and 2nd . Thats why my 60' was soo poor. It should have been in the 1.6? like my other passes.

I wish i  could explain what the car felt like in 3rd tho .  :o :yes:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 04:27:27 PM by Pootie »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Up