Forum > General Discussion

Well Faggots...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Conceptz-X:
Damn.  Hopefully you're doing pretty well now.

I got forced out of my dream job with the car accident.  I was traveling the country with poker run and race boats, checking out fine ass women, and working on cool shit so clean, you could eat off it.   

When I was 20, I compression fractured 2 thoracic vertebrae working at UPS, had to learn to walk again because of nerve damage. Car accident at 37...  6 herniated discs, torn labrum in my right shoulder, ended up getting a disc replaced in my neck, shoulder surgery, still dealing with low back pain but its mostly manageable.  Had to learn how to walk again because my nerves are pretty messed up.  Luckily it was a limo company, got some change out of them. 
The redhead ex GF I posted in OG, we still talk, might get back with her.  She ended up needing 2 discs replaced in her neck and a fusion.

Started trading stocks then moved to futures, did ok, then lost my ass, figured out some of what I was doing wrong and got lucky as hell.  Made a friend as he was developing a trading algorithm that can run 24/7.  So now I let it make most of my bread, but I trade a little for some extra spending money when the opportunity arises.

Tried to slow things down, bought a 42' sailboat in RI, sailed it to south FL solo having only ever been on a sailboat for a dinner cruise in Hawaii. I was on the ocean heading south the day I splashed her.  Never turned back.   

Sailboat https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN1woxp0cDWq-eHIt2BVEShgTWiolbSMj1s3Kin8w8BIzStYBRTXof6RjQoxF-aMg?key=YjNTNHVxdGpoWHRaQ0JHaGhKMVRFUDhiMmxZM2p3

MTZ:

--- Quote from: Conceptz-X on September 21, 2021, 11:56:45 PM ---Damn.  Hopefully you're doing pretty well now.

I got forced out of my dream job with the car accident.  I was traveling the country with poker run and race boats, checking out fine ass women, and working on cool shit so clean, you could eat off it.   

When I was 20, I compression fractured 2 thoracic vertebrae working at UPS, had to learn to walk again because of nerve damage. Car accident at 37...  6 herniated discs, torn labrum in my right shoulder, ended up getting a disc replaced in my neck, shoulder surgery, still dealing with low back pain but its mostly manageable.  Had to learn how to walk again because my nerves are pretty messed up.  Luckily it was a limo company, got some change out of them. 

Started trading stocks then moved to futures, did ok, then lost my ass, figured out some of what I was doing wrong and got lucky as hell.  Made a friend as he was developing a trading algorithm that can run 24/7.  So now I let it make most of my bread, but I trade a little for some extra spending money when the opportunity arises.

Tried to slow things down, bought a 42' sailboat in RI, sailed it to south FL solo having only ever been on a sailboat for a dinner cruise in Hawaii. I was on the ocean heading south the day I splashed her.  Never turned back.

--- End quote ---

sailboat sounds amazing, its crossed my mind. i have a few friends hooked on competition jet skis but that's not something i enjoy...

I am doing well, wife had a baby a few months after i destroyed my face, and i've had a pretty positive outlook on life since !

Conceptz-X:
Adapt, overcome, and conquor!  All we can do in this life, that or get run the fuck over by it.

Oh yeah, I still have the snowmobile I built the boosted big bore 990 for.  Its sitting in NY rotting.  Only rode it for about 30 miles after building it.  Was working too much to even pull the cord.  Then I moved to FL and it sat.

MTZ:

--- Quote from: Conceptz-X on September 22, 2021, 12:10:40 AM ---Adapt, overcome, and conquor!  All we can do in this life, that or get run the fuck over by it.

Oh yeah, I still have the snowmobile I built the boosted big bore 990 for.  Its sitting in NY rotting.  Only rode it for about 30 miles after building it.  Was working too much to even pull the cord.  Then I moved to FL and it sat.

--- End quote ---

Exactly!, every day feels like a gift to me it hasn't been easy but what's the alternative!

i'm so lucky that even my face looks better. i thought it was gonna stay fucked (it did for a long while)

btw i forgot to say that i'm happy you are being active and were able to relearn how to walk again, i have a friend who crashed a car like 8 months ago and can barely walk (isn't really trying to help himself either) its sad to see but what can you do ...

Conceptz-X:
Fight your way through it as best you can if it happens to you, and try to encourage and/or help those going through it.  The worst place you can be in life is broken down and defeated with nobody to talk to. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version