:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: soldering dizzy wires  (Read 7413 times)

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: soldering dizzy wires
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 04:37:31 PM »

God damn it. I have no spark. I made a jumper harness at one point to convert my DOHC ZC from OBD0 to OBD1 (harness side, not the dizzy side). Then i cut that off, and converted to OBD1 plugs (engine harness, not dizzy). Now as Im going through wiring diagrams to find why I have no spark, Im reading that some of the distributor wires are "shielded". WTF does that mean? Any chance that would keep me from getting any voltage to the coil (black/yellow wire)?

It ran fine all last year. Went to fire it up this year after doing a bunch of other shit, and it wont run. I didnt touch that part of the harness though.

Shielded means  a wire with a mesh on the outside of the inner wire with another plastic/vinyl sheath.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 08:48:32 AM »

Heh.  I guess the OBD0 plugs that I soldered onto the OBD1 distributor in my blue hatch should keep it from running properly...

The OBD0 pins push right into the OBD1 connectors, fucknuts, why are you hacking your harness up?

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 04:18:13 PM »

Heh.  I guess the OBD0 plugs that I soldered onto the OBD1 distributor in my blue hatch should keep it from running properly...

The OBD0 pins push right into the OBD1 connectors, fucknuts, why are you hacking your harness up?

I had to hack up multiple harnesses in order to build one basically from scratch fuckface.

Alas, apparently I did not splice and solder the wires at the distributor.  My apologies to the OP for not remembering the details of a project that I complete over two years ago.  On the other hand soldering the wires on the TDC, CKP, CYP, or any other VRS will not reverse the polarity, so you are still fucking retarded.

Sir Joseph Davis, FUCK YOU.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 07:34:07 PM »

Soldering them won't, getting them mixed up will.  But, as Flipnog said, the wiring colors are the same And because I'm an intellectual being,  the OBD0 IGO line.  FUCK YOU!!

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 09:17:17 PM »

Soldering them won't, getting them mixed up will.  But, as Flipnog said, the wiring colors are the same And because I'm an intellectual being,  the OBD0 IGO line.  FUCK YOU!!

To clarify, the fucking retarded part was aimed at the OP, no the Grand Wizard. 

What about the fact that there are two white wires in the OBD0 color code?  Is this some new factoid, JD.

:P

Of course mixing them up will fuck up the phase of the VRS signal.  It was something I had never given much thought to until the discussion the the S2000 OBD1 thread.

EDIT:  My typing and proofreading skills are atrocious.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:17:46 PM by snm95ls »

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 09:44:19 PM »

Fuck You!!

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »

Fuck You!!

Old balls....

FUCK YOU you fucking prat.

TD41U with OBD0 connectors for a semi OEM look.  Not that it matters, because I am sure there is some solder somewhere in the line reversing the polarity.

Dunno what the tape is all about, and I didn't investigate.

:mexi:

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:16:47 PM by snm95ls »

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 10:02:57 AM »

This thread is now complete.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up