:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: recent crome Issue  (Read 8937 times)

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Re: recent crome Issue
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 08:44:31 PM »

Yes, I have. It doesn't seem to. It's very random, when it's good it doesn't care if any or all electrical accessories are on or off. The idle comes up a small amount when I turn on the headlights or blower motor, then drops back down when loads are off. It just seems to happen after about 10-15 seconds of good idle I get about 17:1 then like flicking a switch it goes back to 14-14.5:1
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 12:56:11 AM »

Crome, Neptune, Ectune and Hondata all have their quirks and issues. Some more than others. Anyone who thinks otherwise is retarded. All of these(and other) factory ecu code based tuning programs all have glitches. Its knowing what they are and being able to work around them.

Sorry for being retarded, I don't know any better.

So you feel that one of the 4 out of Crome, Neptune, Ectune and Hondata is perfect and doesnt have any quirks or issues?You seem like smart guy, so i want to hear your thoughts on this subject.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:03:27 AM by sewell94 »
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

lilpooh21186

• Certified OG
  • B16 Short strokes but holds a high note
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 01:49:48 AM »

what i take from it is, having used all 4 of the stated programs ive had small problems with them all but Ectune Neptune & hondata i have always traced it back to something i did or was doing wrong my problem with crome just came up out of the blue. Ive been creating maps the same for the past 4 years IDK why i had issues this past week but after a good old uninstall and reinstall everything is peachie, 8).
Ecu chipping
basmaps
tuning Dyno/street pm for details
Neptune Dealer PM for RTP details

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 08:04:10 AM »

Well, my problem seemed to be ostrich related. I burned a chip and it idles perfect. I should learn to take my own advice since I just suggested the same thing.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

93turbo16

• J-K-Tuning
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 10:18:42 AM »

So you feel that one of the 4 out of Crome, Neptune, Ectune and Hondata is perfect and doesnt have any quirks or issues?You seem like smart guy, so i want to hear your thoughts on this subject.

I think we may be talking about two different things here.

If we are talking about the software having some quirks/connectivity/logging problems, then sure they all have little things that could be improved upon. Some more than others.

But if we are talking about the actual code base that is running the car and the interaction between the ecu firmware and the software, then yes, there are clear "winners" in that category. When you disable/enable/change ANYTHING in NepTune/Hondata you know it is going to work. There are VERY few cases where you would have to second guess yourself if something is actually working like advertised.

Now granted, I actually went through the code (with some help) and applied all the fixes to Crome that really bugged me and now it actually works the way I would like. So I know these things aren't impossible to be changed or fixed, it just takes some extra time in development to make sure everything is working in the software. But I stopped using it to tune customer's cars back in 05-06 at the latest.

And if you guys think I am trying to "hate" on the freeware systems or whatever, I might come off like that. But I can assure you that I have enough time immersed in the subject to give you guys an honest opinion on each code base. I have been the only one working on the Uberdata project for the past 3 years.. with the newest version of Uberdata, you can data log any Crome tuned ecu with it. But without the source code that was the furthest I could go.

I also created a new software called Uber Edit that I never released. It is a new look to the Uberdata software, adds more support for emulation and logging. It actually has a nice working map trace, and expandable tables up to 20 x 20. I just feel that there are too many Honda Rom editors out there, to throw another one into the mix.

I am a pgmfi/freeware guy at heart, but I know when the real development stopped over there that the program's productivity and "bug fixes" went with it. When I saw this happening, that is the time when I made the switch to something that was worth the time for me and my customers, and I will never go back to tuning with anything else.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:25:31 AM by 93turbo16 »
J-K-Tuning

98vtec

• try a warm glass of shut the fuck up
    • BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 11:04:21 AM »

well said
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 11:35:09 AM »

When you disable/enable/change ANYTHING in NepTune/Hondata you know it is going to work. There are VERY few cases where you would have to second guess yourself if something is actually working like advertised.

I don't know, the fundimental Crome timing issues still existed in S300 the last time I touched one ~1 year ago only without the ability to disable them.  Lock the timing and watch it drift.  Ever loaded the car w/ locked timing out of curiousity?  Hrmmmm.

I have been the only one working on the Uberdata project for the past 3 years.. with the newest version of Uberdata, you can data log any Crome tuned ecu with it. But without the source code that was the furthest I could go.

I talk to Warner on and off, I just asked him if he'd kick you the source.  I don't see any reason why he would not, unless he's lost it.  Waiting to hear back.

93turbo16

• J-K-Tuning
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 11:46:52 AM »

I don't know, the fundimental Crome timing issues still existed in S300 the last time I touched one ~1 year ago only without the ability to disable them.  Lock the timing and watch it drift.  Ever loaded the car w/ locked timing out of curiousity?  Hrmmmm.

The timing "drift" will be there regardless of the system you use, it is in the underlying ignition code. NepTune is the only one that allows you to disable the ignition adjustments, and it does stay locked to the table when you disable the adjustments. (I have done this on the dyno and the results are scary!  :P)

Last time I checked the Crome "fix" only lifted the lower limitation on the high cam ignition timing, but doesn't alleviate the problem all together.

I talk to Warner on and off, I just asked him if he'd kick you the source.  I don't see any reason why he would not, unless he's lost it.  Waiting to hear back.

I have talked to him a good bit the past few years on and off as well. He doesn't have a complete source code for the program anymore. The only source I have is VERY incomplete, emulation was not finished and the built in assembly code was still being worked on in the versions that I have.
J-K-Tuning

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 07:31:52 PM »

I think we may be talking about two different things here.

If we are talking about the software having some quirks/connectivity/logging problems, then sure they all have little things that could be improved upon. Some more than others.

But if we are talking about the actual code base that is running the car and the interaction between the ecu firmware and the software, then yes, there are clear "winners" in that category. When you disable/enable/change ANYTHING in NepTune/Hondata you know it is going to work. There are VERY few cases where you would have to second guess yourself if something is actually working like advertised. 

I think we are on the same page,  just different points. My original post wasn't directed towards you. It was a generality for anyone using a stock ecu code based tuning medium, the user should expect/know their will be quirks. I'm not sticking up for freeware/crome by any means.  I havent used crome since 05. Ectune, Netptune, and S300 are all "stable" and "work". 

When i wrote about them not being perfect i was talking about the little quirks they have, but the main issue i was thinking of are the timing issues. We both agree that is because of the factory code, but none of them are 100% accurate, if there is any "feature" of a tuning system that needs to be perfect thats it. Perfect means just that, perfect. Anything but isn't, so its not.

Ectune also has the ign disable adjustments like Neptune. I've been an authorized eCtune from the beginning and have helped to alot of testing, and its very good but not 100% perfect, but as a end user i know its not "perfect" and dont expect it to be. James has taken out the indiviual ign cylinder trims beacuse its not 100% pefect, because thats what he expects in his product even though alot of users would like to have that feature back. I have a huge amount of respect for him because of that.
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 08:13:44 PM »

They may not work correctly, but they work bottom line.  Warning users of flaws is one thing, removing them completely is a mistake.  It's not like a timing belt engine is particularly precise, it's an averaging out of individual combustion events.

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 08:53:09 PM »

They may not work correctly, but they work bottom line.  Warning users of flaws is one thing, removing them completely is a mistake.  It's not like a timing belt engine is particularly precise, it's an averaging out of individual combustion events.
Yeah man a few weeks back I had a pretty awesome experiance with a drag racing mustang that ran an MSD Ignition that uses a simple program to tune ignition curves per gear.

It was great I could program the curve and then have someone drive the car on the dyno and watch the timing marks on the Balancer It worked flawlessly and it's so simple it hurts. I have to say thats their is alot to be said for simplicity and function.
Tuning a honda is like trying to fuck an oiled up fat girl in the dark you think its in the hole but it just might not be.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 08:55:02 PM »

7135?

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 08:59:52 PM »

7135?
I don't know the owner had a laptop on the car all I had to do was go push some buttons I really didn't have to full with the hardware any. That car was scary dude it revs to 9k!

Foowee

• Certified OG
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 10:18:35 PM »

Tuning a honda is like trying to fuck an oiled up fat girl in the dark you think its in the hole but it just might not be.

Dennis can hit the hole...  even while drunk.  Issac is living proof.

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 10:26:54 PM »

Dennis can hit the hole...  even while drunk.  Issac is living proof.
Exactly. Hey is your front door locked? Are you sure. I think the rear passenger Door on the Wagovan is unlock as well I noticed that this morning when I picked you up.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up