:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: way to bench-test LC1 ? or send in  (Read 2641 times)

• Certified OG
way to bench-test LC1 ? or send in
« on: November 22, 2009, 04:26:47 PM »

i may need my lc-1 soon, thing is i only used it for about a month about a 1.5yrs ago and it was getting strange readings so is there a way to bench test it without wiring it my car and welding in a bung ? or what are the chances innovative would let me send it to get tested? im not sure the warranty period on these things

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
Re: way to bench-test LC1 ? or send in
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 04:30:21 PM »

i may need my lc-1 soon, thing is i only used it for about a month about a 1.5yrs ago and it was getting strange readings so is there a way to bench test it without wiring it my car and welding in a bung ? or what are the chances innovative would let me send it to get tested? im not sure the warranty period on these things

Have you tried free-air recal yet?

Those sensors dont last long btw.  I keep spares. 

blowoff valves are for pussies.

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 04:34:29 PM »

ya i did when i had it installed... 1.5yrs ago

jagojon3

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 05:08:16 PM »

Obviously you should recalibrate it then.

Turkey soup pancakes sir

danz

• Certified OG
  • 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 07:22:43 PM »

power it, wrap it with a rag soaked with brake clean. it should read full rich.

if it reads full rich then instantly starts to read full lean the sensor is most likely pooched
10.510 @ 133.09 mph D16Z6 EJ6
10.912 @ 127.33 mph D16A6 ED6

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 12:11:11 AM »

The LC-1 is a bit finicky if you do not power it up often.  that is probably my one major complaint with it.  Each time I go to tune a car, which is pretty infrequent, I have have to perform a full recal.  The settings remain as they should be, but the sensor will gibe funky reading.s

Do a full recalibration.  This includes a heater and free air calibration.  power it up with the sensor unplugged.  Wait for about 20 seconds, remove power, wiat about a minute, then plug the sensor in, and let it calibrate.

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 12:48:28 AM »

power it, wrap it with a rag soaked with brake clean. it should read full rich.

if it reads full rich then instantly starts to read full lean the sensor is most likely pooched
+1. After you do a free air calibration, try this and see what you get. I know if you google this I've read a detailed thing about how to test a wideband like danz described.

FWIW, LC1's are finiky because they're usually not wired up properly. I'd say 90% of the problems people have from them are from not following the directions on how to wire them up. My LC1's been in for almost two years now, still original sensor and all, works great. But I wired it up right and mounted the sensor 30" away from the turbo.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 11:47:27 AM »

Innovate gear is bitchy when used as modular tuning equipment.  When hardwired in a permanent install with switched power, and you don't try to gimp around on a dying battery/charging system, it works great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up