:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: boosted 4dr...OFFICIALY jdm since pg 6  (Read 78936 times)

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: boosted 4dr...OFFICIALY jdm since pg 6
« Reply #210 on: March 29, 2010, 04:12:25 PM »

:o

now to call the folks over at delta cam for a regrind . . . im thinking 272 or bigger :D

LMK what your specs and how well that cam works for you.

I want to order one from them soon. ;D

speedjunky01

« Reply #211 on: March 29, 2010, 04:21:26 PM »

im pretty much calling them and saying i have the valvetrain upgraded and want the highest hp possible on boost

speedjunky01

« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2010, 07:57:09 PM »

just found some slicks for a hell of a price on CL too holy crap!

guys think 24.5" is too big?

chris

« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2010, 10:42:36 PM »

24.5 inch tires seem to bring drivetrain issues on the d series atleast thats my experince. Try to stick with a 23 inch tire.

speedjunky01

« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2010, 11:02:22 PM »

That kinda sucks but I'll give them a shot for this season since I hope to see 350-400whp if issues pop up I'll just downsize for next season

speedjunky01

« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2010, 05:07:25 PM »

should help with the launch  :noel:

14.5x8x13 i believe they are a little on the big side for the power ill be making but Ill use them for this season, see how it goes and then re-seize for next year the slicks have a few passes on them but plenty of life left on them and the compound doesnt feel that stiff but we will see how they really are on the first pass

considering the wheels go for ~400 EACH and i got the set with slicks for about 400 i think i did pretty damn good lol

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2010, 06:29:31 PM »

Not a bad deal at all
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

speedjunky01

« Reply #217 on: March 30, 2010, 09:06:24 PM »

Not a bad deal at all

not at all, im sure i should be able to re-sell them on hater-tech for 500+ no problem

anyone know how much they expand once zooming down the track? if they clear while sitting i dont want them to rub and explode half way down the track

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #218 on: March 30, 2010, 10:12:53 PM »

Raise up your coilovers
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

speedjunky01

« Reply #219 on: March 30, 2010, 10:14:19 PM »

Raise up your coilovers

ksports arent on yet, right now eibach springs is it

i think ill do a run on the street tires just for fun then once the ksports and ES master kit go on ill jack it to offroad territory for the slicks to fit

speedjunky01

« Reply #220 on: April 05, 2010, 02:35:04 PM »

poped a coupler running a 350z with I/ Intake Manifold/ Exhaust on the highway was keeping right up with him untip POP and he walked lol

half ass fixed it

16.8@83 2.8 60ft
think it poped again when i got on the anti-lag

got down on the ground in the parking lot and fixed it better, thanks everyone for the support in the parking lot lol

14.7@98 2.5 60ft bogged then spun 1st :P
not bad need to put the slicks on inplace of the 175 width allseasons and fix the leaks of everything from everywhere LOL BOV held on with one hand-tight bolt, gonna replace it with an ssqv the greddy type just isnt working for me i totally fucked the flange up

hope to be out again soon with the issues worked out

chris

« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2010, 11:57:09 PM »

score if they are real volks :yes:

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2010, 12:00:55 AM »

Why do you need slicks if your car is so slow?
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2010, 12:27:49 AM »

Raise up your coilovers

ksports arent on yet, right now eibach springs is it

i think ill do a run on the street tires just for fun then once the ksports and ES master kit go on ill jack it to offroad territory for the slicks to fit

remember 0 camber at the strip.

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.

speedjunky01

« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2010, 11:54:48 AM »

Real volks jdm stickers and all serial number etc etc so I deff agree Chris, also pulled out you many to start the work on the other head with the mani as inspiration lol

minor threat with all the leaks and shit and a poop 60 the time isn't that bad, car will be trapping low 100's no prob with the small shit worked and driver mod lol

and deff agree on the zero camber as ideal but I think I'll run it at 1.5ish for dd driving but no camber kit on her right now

speedjunky01

« Reply #225 on: April 12, 2010, 06:27:42 PM »

well got rocking on the d15b-east!! lugged that bitch from the basement fucking sucked 16 stairs up, through the living room, and down 12 steps LOL

after 80k, romping on it off revlimiter for 20k, and sitting in the basement untouched for almost two years

looks fucking GREAT and the cylinder walls look great, gonna double check once i get some measurement tools :D

ripped apart the head to pull this bastard out

OMG look at all the lobes!!!! vteeeeeeech!!!

heading to delta cams for a beastly regrind, wither 282 intake/272 exhaust or just straight up 282 all around havent decided yet :D

thats it for the last 1.5hours of my day

chris

« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »

Order a bunch of flat rate boxes from usps. Great oil soakers and FREE to your door.

speedjunky01

« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2010, 06:56:10 PM »

Order a bunch of flat rate boxes from usps. Great oil soakers and FREE to your door.

is there a limit to how these bitches can be used? lol

gonna go grab a valve spring tool from vato-zone and pull out the valves so i can get rocking on a mild port job and polish on the exhaust side

hope i can get it to look something 1/2 as decent as the IM you did for me

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2010, 07:07:09 PM »

I take valves out the rHMT way.....  Boxend wrench and a friend with a magnet...  You need rag too!

speedjunky01

« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2010, 07:38:29 PM »

I take valves out the rHMT way.....  Boxend wrench and a friend with a magnet...  You need rag too!

Yeah this tool from auto zone blows some fat cock how do you do it with a wrench and magnet? How the fuck will I re-install thestiffer springs lol

chris

« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2010, 07:46:19 PM »

You can order the generic snap on copy valve spring tool which can be used for dohc heads also its what I use. if all you need it for is sohc heads then a generic cheapo valve spring tool will do the job. You may have to fuck with it a little but it will do the job.

If you want the valves out now get a heavy hammer and a long 1/2 inch extension. Pound away at the retainer. keepers will come loose. You now have your head taken apart in 10 minutes.

Take head to car wash with purple power/carb cleaner. throw 5 bucks in the machine and go to town.

I like to take heads apart with you guessed it flat rate boxes under them. the white boxes make it easy to find the keepers if a couple get loose. Do not loose those little fuckers they are easy to misplace.

Oh and I finish everything with a 60 grit and I know it doesnt look like it but thats the finish.

buk9tp

• i know nuthin bout nuthin
« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »

Fuck you, Chris.

speedjunky01

« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2010, 08:42:30 PM »

used the rhmt pro tip of boxed wrench and magnet but one of the little bastard flug out from spring tension and flung god knows where. i have a spare y7 head that i will sacrofice if the keeprs will work

thanks for the port tips chris gonna pressure wash it tomorrow morning and buy some port tools just a basic smooth it out and remove flaws port job nothing nuts

not to bad

hard to belive but these little bastard will flow 400hp in a bit :D

another use for USPS boxes keep valves organized, i belive in parts wearing together so they are going back in the way they came out

chris

« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2010, 08:53:16 PM »

carb cleaner to clean the intake ports. Still the best stuff to clean up intake ports imo.

purple power to clean the chambers/exhaust ports/rest of the head.

Dont leave purple power on for more than 10 minutes purple power will eat at the aluminium and turn it black.

speedjunky01

« Reply #234 on: April 12, 2010, 09:55:40 PM »

carb cleaner to clean the intake ports. Still the best stuff to clean up intake ports imo.

purple power to clean the chambers/exhaust ports/rest of the head.

Dont leave purple power on for more than 10 minutes purple power will eat at the aluminium and turn it black.

yeah i knew it was corosive to it says right on the bottle, just took it to the washer looks pretty damn good, just gonna hit it with carb cleaner tomorrow to get the little spots off.

gonna pick up some port tools think autozone has a decent dremel like tool that comes with a bunch of bits and is variable speed.

i plan on polishing the exhaust fully and the chambers best i can JUST polish in chambers not touching a damn thing, but honestly not sure if this head is made or some samurai swards or some BS it looks damn good in the CC just from the factory couldnt spot any flaws or possible hot spots

thanks for the tips chris you my  O0 you still going into the port business? i can tell you you will be severly underpaid for the work you will do just taking apart/washing and staying organized is a nights job on its own

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2010, 11:15:36 PM »

This thread is win.....Thank you all for the info  :noel:

If am a ever retarded enough to get hitched (2x) I would either drink myself to death at my wedding or die trying.

speedjunky01

« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2010, 11:17:38 PM »

This thread is win.....Thank you all for the info  :noel:
i was thinking on doing a blue dash conversion while im at it any tips?

JP nig thanks

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2010, 11:30:26 PM »

Fuck you hoosiers  :P

If am a ever retarded enough to get hitched (2x) I would either drink myself to death at my wedding or die trying.

chris

« Reply #238 on: April 13, 2010, 01:39:44 AM »

I dont mind doing port work for the guys on rhmt  since no one ever bitches. Besides that its not my main focus. I do work for 2 big shops and they just stamp their name on the stuff so that is enough to keep me happy.

I do maybe one head a month and that is enough for me. If someone here wants one cool but thats about all I would really want.

If people buy the intake/throttle body/spacer combo package then Im happy. It works well and is priced to sell.

Used parts is my main focus and local labor. I can only handle running heavy cutters so much for porting. I use 3 die grinders in a row. Once one starts getting hella hot I move onto the next. Its a workout for sure.

speedjunky01

« Reply #239 on: April 13, 2010, 11:11:29 AM »

good to hear your happy man

didnt really do to much on the head, just removed cast marks, and the rough surface in the exhaust ports, gonna go in from the chamber side in a bit the stone bits kinda suck they get used up quick

these are the little faggots i was looking for

i love the smell of free HP in the morning!!!

time to go to walmart to pick up some more polishing attachments, the sandpaper drum things sucks some D for sure
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up