:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cam timing H22 cornfused here  (Read 2922 times)

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93
Cam timing H22 cornfused here
« on: April 07, 2009, 12:10:39 AM »

Ok so the last time I had to set the cam timing on my h22 I still had stock flywheel to go by. Called DMC and I got the answer I thought was correct. But now Im thinking too hard about it again. So here it goes again.

With cams top two dots facing up and the two inner dots facing eachother. Im looking at the fly wheels marks 'fidenza'. Rotating crank counter clock wise do I want the first mark or the second mark with the mechanical timing of the cams?

Like is the first mark 15's advanced since its the first mark? Or is that top dead center. Here at work and tired. Concept isnt clicking AGAIN.

If am a ever retarded enough to get hitched (2x) I would either drink myself to death at my wedding or die trying.

DmC

• Certified OG
Re: Cam timing H22 cornfused here
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 12:19:49 AM »

Jeremy I'll dumb it all the way down. Forget about the marks on the flywheel go by the the mark on the crank gear. just to make sure put something long in #1 cylinder make sure the piston is at TDC TOP DEAD CENTER. then make sure your adjustable camse are set at zero line up the dots and make sure the arrows are up. Done.

You should have asked this question 4 years ago the first time I met you your car was out of mechanical time. All reading 16inHG at Idle  ::)

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 12:37:07 AM »

Hmmm. fuck I need to get this motor going again.

DENNIS so which do you think it is. Your f series that you have. can you look at the markings on its fly wheel and see which one has the + markings on it

If am a ever retarded enough to get hitched (2x) I would either drink myself to death at my wedding or die trying.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 03:59:16 AM »

You dont HAVE to look at the marks is what he is saying (or at least you dont have to ask)... pull number 1 plug...  Get the piston to tdc (you can visually confirm-You could put soething in the hole to confirm... If anything id use like a clean straw... Nothing metalic( just a preference).. Look at the crapdanza flywheel (that is going to shit the bed when you make power with this thing)...  Whatever "dot" you are on will be TDC for reference.

Once #1 is on TDC... Set your cam gears. Put on belt, if you  dont fuck it up you will have it perfect.

IF
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 04:16:35 AM »

You dont HAVE to look at the marks is what he is saying (or at least you dont have to ask)... pull number 1 plug...  Get the piston to tdc (you can visually confirm-You could put soething in the hole to confirm... If anything id use like a clean straw... Nothing metalic( just a preference).. Look at the crapdanza flywheel (that is going to shit the bed when you make power with this thing)...  Whatever "dot" you are on will be TDC for reference.

Once #1 is on TDC... Set your cam gears. Put on belt, if you  dont fuck it up you will have it perfect.

IF
Thanks nig, so its the first mark when rotating the crank counter clock wise  ;D

I had it right the first time, I done it with a extended drop gage from work the other night and with was right between the two lines on initial timing with the cams teeth. . .  Thats when I called DMC just to try and confirm since you didnt answer your phone. "friday night/understandable"
Then I rotated the assembly and it came out on the first mark.  I'm just skull fucking myself is all it boiled down to while at work.

Pages: [1]   Go Up