:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Doug loose his boost virginity from the dirtiest skank of a D  (Read 2846 times)

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch

Well been thinking my throwout bearing was taking a crap. Never had one actually go out, so when I look up the symptoms I realize it's actually the input shaft bearing in the tranny. So seeing as how the tranny has to come out and get opened might as well throw in a swap. (Has stock Y7)

Overall goals are mild with DD and mpg taking into consideration.
At first I was thinking LS, but for the price of the swap could have a boosted D that I think would suit goals fine (200-230hp) The only motor I have swapped was a fully built Y8 swap in my 91 hatch. I had it built at the shop, but plan to do everything I can on this one. Nothing is set in stone so recommendations are appreciated.

So far plans:

Y8 head stock (already have one)
Z6 or Y8 block (suggestions?)
TT or LS shot peened rods (suggestions?)
Block filled (anyone grab thread from HMT? I's banned)
75.5 mm vitaras (I've read to use 75.5 mm as they don't expand as much as OEM pistons?)
Headgasket? Which ever will bring up the compression
Y7 DX tranny (already have)
Clutch - whatever I find a good deal on between now and then. Decent brand though
Intake mani - stock Y8 (maybe aftermarket or ported with a bigger tb)
DSM 450's
Hondata IM gasket
p28 ECU (already have one socketed with data cable)
Of course will get all new gaskets/seals, oil/water pump, belts yada yada.

Any parts you guys have hookups on/laying around/on the cheap let me know. Trying to go super low budget since out of a job.

tekno

• Certified OG
Re: Help Doug loose his boost virginity from the dirtiest skank of a D
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 05:23:07 PM »

z6 block, tt rods, don't fill the block,dont waste the money on a hondata im gasket

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 05:39:45 PM »

Why not fill the block? Waste of time?

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 05:41:17 PM »

Well been thinking my throwout bearing was taking a crap. Never had one actually go out, so when I look up the symptoms I realize it's actually the input shaft bearing in the tranny. So seeing as how the tranny has to come out and get opened might as well throw in a swap. (Has stock Y7)

At first I was thinking LS, but for the price of the swap could have a boosted D that I think would suit goals fine (200-230hp) The only motor I have swapped was a fully built Y8 swap in my 91 hatch. I had it built at the shop, but plan to do everything I can on this one. Nothing is set in stone so recommendations are appreciated.

So far plans:

75.5 mm vitaras (I've read to use 75.5 mm as they don't expand as much as OEM pistons?)
Clutch - whatever I find a good deal on between now and then. Decent brand though
DSM 450's
Hondata IM gasket

Any parts you guys have hookups on/laying around/on the cheap let me know. Trying to go super low budget since out of a job.

Welcome to my hell. That fucking bearing is $40.00. It came out of the race, and chewed up my 5th gear syncro hub.
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 05:46:08 PM »

Y8 head + z6 block + z6 HG - 0.020" off the deck + 75.5mm vitaras + TT rods= 8.03:1 = what I'm using in my build. :yes: ;D

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 04:33:53 AM »

So far plans:

DSM 450's
Hondata IM gasket

Welcome to my hell. That fucking bearing is $40.00. It came out of the race, and chewed up my 5th gear syncro hub.

Damn that sucks ass. Maybe I should go ahead and drop it and change it. $40 is a lot  better than a tow bill and new tranny. How long you think it would take a engine swap/tranny removal virgin to do it?

Y8 head + z6 block + z6 HG - 0.020" off the deck + 75.5mm vitaras + TT rods= 8.03:1 = what I'm using in my build. :yes: ;D

Damn that is some low ass compression. I actually want higher cr. Not looking to boost a shit ton.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 08:08:20 AM »

I'm looking at 20psig + in my future  ;D

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 01:52:44 AM »

I actually want higher cr. Not looking to boost a shit ton.

You know you want to.

It'll still be drivable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up