:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reverse actuation wastegate actuator for twincharged SC bypass  (Read 2952 times)

bsclywilly

• N00B *Read Intro Sticky*
  • RHMT

Here's the build: http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,13456.0.html

I've got a bypass for the SC that I want to actuate at 5.5krpms and high boost but I'm limited for space. The existing actuator that came with the SC is vacuum operated so it opens the bypass under vacuum for fuel efficiency. What i'd like to replace it with is an actuator that is normally extended and under boost, it will shorten.

Does anyone know if this exists or have any alternative ideas?

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
Re: reverse actuation wastegate actuator for twincharged SC bypass
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 04:27:21 PM »

Hack the bottom of an external gate off, modify shaft to fit your actuator.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: reverse actuation wastegate actuator for twincharged SC bypass
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 08:06:53 PM »

Look at the recent JRSC boost bypass thread, I put some ideas how to use it to bleed off boost vs just disabling boost. If you use a vac reservoir and a boost solenoid, you can get it to give the stock actuator partial vacuum and open just a bit to drop from 10psi to 5psi for instance.

If you use a boost actuator to push on the bypass arm the same direction the vac actuator pulls, it should work. You may have to have the linkage point ovaled out to not resist movement of the vac actuator. You'd also want a rather large diameter boost actuator or give it more leverage on the bypass's arm. You'd also have to put a one-way valve in the vac actuator's line so it doesn't fight the boost actuator.

I'd give you more info & pictures, but you'd have to buy a set of my injectors and advertise on your car. ;DDD
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up