:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: manifolds for cummins/powerstroke/duramax trucks  (Read 4127 times)

junkyard racer

manifolds for cummins/powerstroke/duramax trucks
« on: April 08, 2009, 10:32:40 AM »

Just wondering if anyone has seen any variations of tube manifolds for diesels? I have searched around, but cant find anything. Dont know if im searching the wrong area or if the area hasnt been explored yet.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
Re: manifolds for cummins/powerstroke/duramax trucks
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 12:37:38 PM »

For Cummins I know of at least 4 different manufactures currently. Including Dave@Passenger who is a member here. For Duramax there are two or three. I am not up on my powerstrokes enough to know for sure if there are any available, but I would imagine there are.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 12:53:45 PM »

Dave was making some for baja 1000 Cummins chase trucks so you know they are top quality.
92GSR - mild interest

junkyard racer

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 01:49:51 PM »

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2111848

I wonder what kind of power that makes over a stock manifold. My brother is about to start modding his new truck, and were gonna build a ex and a intake mani.

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 01:57:20 PM »

I think it is more about spool and egt's than power but pm "passenger" on here and chat with him about it. I know Dave personally and he is great to deal with.
92GSR - mild interest

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 02:38:22 PM »

I think it is more about spool and egt's than power but pm "passenger" on here and chat with him about it. I know Dave personally and he is great to deal with.

Dave is a nigger. He comes to your house gets you drunk, and convinces you to let him have the motor out of your car. He then takes said motor and makes more power on that style of motor then anyone else ever in North America.

Oh and I know Dave's mom personally.  :-*
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

junkyard racer

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 03:37:07 PM »

Lol! Ill PM him. Thanks

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 07:35:57 PM »

Hey shutup about my mom slutbags :'(

Funny story about that engine I took from you Brett, you know how I got that cylinder head I did up, made in mexico under the Kolbenschmidt license, and than slapped on that block, and later blew that engine from shitty pre cups? K well it turns out I actually had an OEM German made head sitting here I could have used, so that failure was totally unnecessary, gay, I just found the German head yesterday.

Yeah I have made a bunch of tubular exhaust manifolds for some baja1000 race and chase trucks, 4 variations, done lots of testing. Also have extensive experience porting, and milling the sides of the heads off to remove the integrated stock intake manifold.

All in all, cummins are train/tractor engines, but you can get some decent response out of them with some work.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 08:03:30 PM »

Hey shutup about my mom slutbags :'(

Funny story about that engine I took from you Brett, you know how I got that cylinder head I did up, made in mexico under the Kolbenschmidt license, and than slapped on that block, and later blew that engine from shitty pre cups? K well it turns out I actually had an OEM German made head sitting here I could have used, so that failure was totally unnecessary, gay, I just found the German head yesterday.

Yeah I have made a bunch of tubular exhaust manifolds for some baja1000 race and chase trucks, 4 variations, done lots of testing. Also have extensive experience porting, and milling the sides of the heads off to remove the integrated stock intake manifold.

All in all, cummins are train/tractor engines, but you can get some decent response out of them with some work.

Gay, is right, I guess you better build another one.  :P

junkyard racer

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 10:03:05 PM »

Have any pictures of the other manifolds? What kind of performance do you get out of the tube manis? What do you sell a manifold like that for?

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 11:33:09 AM »

Have any pictures of the other manifolds? What kind of performance do you get out of the tube manis? What do you sell a manifold like that for?

Maybe, I'll look around. Not sure if I had a digital camera then, better odds seeing if my friends have any pics.
Performance was good, biggest thing was response, woke the engine right up, no more waiting for the power to come on. I think I sold some manifolds to some guys not from the team for around $1600CAD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up