:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1990 accord auto, stalls and misses  (Read 2009 times)

turbostd

• Certified OG
1990 accord auto, stalls and misses
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:57:29 AM »

Friend of mine bought a beater 90 accord auto for $400 that had a bad tranny computer. It ran fine for the first 2 weeks or so but now its acting all gay and stalls when put in gear some times. It also has a bad miss if under a heavy load or at high rpms. It has a brand new dizzy on it but i guess that dont mean much as it looks to be a cdm re-man unit. What else on these would cause the stalling/missing? We put new plugs in it recently but that didn't help much. The wires look fine as well im kinda stumped unless its the brand new dizzy being gay.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: 1990 accord auto, stalls and misses
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:25:22 AM »

Have you checked the base timing with a timing light? It only takes a few degrees to act wide-body. I mean gay.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

turbostd

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »

Have you checked the base timing with a timing light? It only takes a few degrees to act wide-body. I mean gay.

I couldn't figure out how  :?: there doesn't seem to be a timing tab by the crank pulley.

turbostd

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 02:02:10 AM »

For any one who cares I got this figured out. The car has a cdm re-man dizzy on it, for whatever reason the wires that go to the icm inside where loose and one fell off when i took the cap of. I squeezed them with needle nose pliers and fixed it lol.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 03:36:50 AM »

I hate cdm ignition shit. I got a cheap ebay coil as a backup, and it needed 5 mins of grinding to let it slip into the dizzy.

But god damn it was cheap vs honda or even autostores.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up