:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: J-series swaps...  (Read 20892 times)

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
Re: J-series swaps...
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2010, 11:45:49 AM »

I was arguing with him cause he has plans for a b16 to make 500whp on pump and 600whp on race gas. Mase is going to tune it so it will be fine. Lol. He is a mase nutswinger hardcore. I'm not knocking the guys abilities, but no amount of tuner ability will make the impossible happen.

Only if JD tunes it :noel:
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2010, 12:27:18 PM »

Being the grandwizard of the Internet has it's perks
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

chris

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2010, 01:15:47 PM »

Im sure you have better things to do than argue with some kid who 99 percent chance wont ever finish the car or even has a job.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2010, 01:45:58 PM »

He is actually making some good progress on it. He just caught me at the right time when I had a few min to try to shove some knowledge down his throat
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2010, 07:24:09 PM »

OK
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

Phate

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2010, 12:57:42 AM »

Is the RB any better  or worse than a 2JZ?  I was just talking to someone about them, because there is a crazy built supra and a 240sx with an RB26 that both show up at the races near me.  I know neither car would go well from a dig.

RB requires deeper pockets, some shit needs to be fixed on them right out of the gate and they aren't cheap like 2JZ.

Also, neither of those cars are crazy built.  Drag racing from a dig is one of the few things a Mk4 should do well.   :mexi:

Both make over 500hp.  That particular supra would smoke the 240sx, because it has like 900hp at the wheels.  It was more of a conversation starter.  By not being good from a dig, I meant reasonably low speeds, as in the first few gears neither car would grip.  They'd have to use the highway instead of where the people normally race.

Sorry, offtopic.  I can look for the dyno vids for that supra though.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 01:03:05 AM by Phate »
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2010, 09:21:46 PM »

Is the RB any better  or worse than a 2JZ?  I was just talking to someone about them, because there is a crazy built supra and a 240sx with an RB26 that both show up at the races near me.  I know neither car would go well from a dig.

RB requires deeper pockets, some shit needs to be fixed on them right out of the gate and they aren't cheap like 2JZ.

Also, neither of those cars are crazy built.  Drag racing from a dig is one of the few things a Mk4 should do well.   :mexi:

Both make over 500hp.  That particular supra would smoke the 240sx, because it has like 900hp at the wheels.  It was more of a conversation starter.  By not being good from a dig, I meant reasonably low speeds, as in the first few gears neither car would grip.  They'd have to use the highway instead of where the people normally race.

OMGFTWBBQRFL!!!!!!! WOWZERS!!! Over Like, 900 horsepowerz yo!!! Is that with of without the naws?

You sound like one of those annoying kids that hang out in the parking lot ( or other gathering spot)  where the older more experienced (FASTER) people gather. You stay shoved up there ass, asking what brand name xxx they have, how much boost, how much naws, and what it "registers". Then you tell them of your heroic youtube surfing, and the awesome cars you find on there. You tell them about your online friends' cars, and other annoying things. You then claim these people that tolerate you at best as close friends on the internet. If this isn't you, you sure fucking remind me of them. You know the kind, the hangout's 16 year old puppy dogs, that fap to Super Street.

From a dig, is exactly that. A DIG. From a DIG, a DEAD STOP, NOT ROLLING.

Back to the topic at hand, J swaps
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2010, 10:24:33 PM »

A lot of people stopped talking abou J-series because they are boring.

Phate

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2010, 03:39:45 AM »

OMGFTWBBQRFL!!!!!!! WOWZERS!!! Over Like, 900 horsepowerz yo!!! Is that with of without the naws?

You sound like one of those annoying kids that hang out in the parking lot ( or other gathering spot)  where the older more experienced (FASTER) people gather. You stay shoved up there ass, asking what brand name xxx they have, how much boost, how much naws, and what it "registers". Then you tell them of your heroic youtube surfing, and the awesome cars you find on there. You tell them about your online friends' cars, and other annoying things. You then claim these people that tolerate you at best as close friends on the internet. If this isn't you, you sure fucking remind me of them. You know the kind, the hangout's 16 year old puppy dogs, that fap to Super Street.

No need to be a faggot about it.  I don't go around like the kids you bitch about drooling over every credit card and checkbook car I see with baller JDM parts and expensive brand name towhooks.  That shits boring, anyone can write a check or swipe a card, and you can only take so many LSvtecs in EG's, bolton B16 swaps, etc until you lose all interest.  Are they faster than my car?  Yeah, my car is fucking slow and I know it, because I haven't really installed anything yet because I want to learn to do it myself, and am a broke motherfucker.

Oh shit, I forgot which forum I was on for a minute.  FUCK YOU!
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2010, 05:17:17 PM »

No need to be a faggot about it.  I don't go around like the kids you bitch about drooling over every credit card and checkbook car I see with baller JDM parts and expensive brand name towhooks.  That shits boring, anyone can write a check or swipe a card, and you can only take so many LSvtecs in EG's, bolton B16 swaps, etc until you lose all interest.  Are they faster than my car?  Yeah, my car is fucking slow and I know it, because I haven't really installed anything yet because I want to learn to do it myself, and am a broke motherfucker.

This makes me smile. ;D

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2010, 08:39:40 PM »

That makes up a little. But always remember, there is a line between being inquisitive and just fucking annoying. So long as someone shows a genuine interest, and some knowledge I don't have a problem with them hanging out, asking questions or seeking advice. It's when those faggots ask me (or friends etc..) how much NAWS I have or how much boost is being run, if xxx is JDM, where I got my fart can, and other fucking ignorant, annoying questions. Then some of the ass hats have the audacity to tell me or friends what we need to buy, who to talk to, etc, trying to give advice. I draw the line at being polite there. That shit starts, I kindly tell them to fuck off.

N1 Andy

« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2010, 11:13:27 AM »

J's are cool, I thought about doing a TT J in my EG, but the problem is the powerband, and the hood clearance issue.

J32/35's make peak power really early am I right?  pair that up with a close ratio type s 6 spd tranny and you are out of the motors powerband most of the time at the track, that would explain why they run high 12's
401/298 LeeD Tuned Stock Bottom End LS/Vtec
GFIgarage

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »

J's are cool, I thought about doing a TT J in my EG, but the problem is the powerband, and the hood clearance issue.

J32/35's make peak power really early am I right?  pair that up with a close ratio type s 6 spd tranny and you are out of the motors powerband most of the time at the track, that would explain why they run high 12's

They seem to have workable powerbands N/A. But in an EG traction issues and torque steering is mother fucker. :?: ;D

N1 Andy

« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2010, 11:28:46 AM »

they have unequal length axles!? holy shit, I could imagine what it would be like if you had one making serious power
GFIgarage

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2010, 11:29:52 AM »

Size turbos to hit later, and use intelligent boost control.  If you don't increase the low/midrange but use boost to maintain the torque peak so it carries on into the upper rpms then the traction will be better.  See also: retard cam for SOHC or increase overlap/slightly retard cams for DOHC.  

Well, you're still dealing with a chunk of torque, you'll need a 26"+ slick to hook it.  What's the skinny on those trans, anyway?

N1 Andy

« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2010, 01:51:23 AM »

Size turbos to hit later, and use intelligent boost control.  If you don't increase the low/midrange but use boost to maintain the torque peak so it carries on into the upper rpms then the traction will be better.  See also: retard cam for SOHC or increase overlap/slightly retard cams for DOHC.  

Well, you're still dealing with a chunk of torque, you'll need a 26"+ slick to hook it.  What's the skinny on those trans, anyway?

I was talking about in stock n/a trim, if it was a turbo J I see what you are saying, it would make its peak n/a power in the midrange then the turbo/s would keep making power all the way to redline. 

I've heard of boosted accords making 600whp and close to 600tq.  I'd have to agree 26's would be in order to deal with that kind of torque.  600ft./lbs and unequal length axles = quite a handful to drive.

TL-S 6spd ratios:
1st - 3.93
2nd - 2.48
3rd - 1.70
4th - 1.25
5th - 0.98
6th - 0.77
Final drive - 3.29 <wow

RSX-S 6spd ratios:
1 : 3.266:1
2 : 2.130:1
3 : 1.517:1
4 : 1.147:1
5 : 0.921:1
6 : 0.738:1
Final drive : 4.388:1

Cool thing is that the TL-S is LSD, uncool thing is they still go for $2000 at junkyards.  The tranny is twice as much as a J32/35 longblock.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:53:42 AM by N1 Andy »
GFIgarage

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2010, 02:10:46 AM »

I was talking about in stock n/a trim,

I don't know about the stock part, but I was talking NA when talking about cam gear adjustments to shift the power band.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up