:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: obd2 distributor on obd1 civic help  (Read 3771 times)

Stealthmode

• Mufukkken 5 black Star General
  • Certified OG
obd2 distributor on obd1 civic help
« on: July 02, 2009, 02:05:47 AM »

Wiring sucks.

So I've got an obd2 distributor, and apparently I have an obd1 plug that fits it, because nothing else I have looks like the obd2 plug. Could someone tell me if this obd1 wiring diagram (listed as accord) is applicable to the civic as well?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/obd1%20distributor%20plug/sinnedone/obd1distdiagram.jpg

Once I know that chart is correct, then I'll need the obd2 distributor pinout and I'll go ahead and hard wire the bastard.

I think Stealthmode has a few children in some of his socks. I picked up one of his socks thinking it was mine and it was crunchy. Now I spend all day wondering what the hell might be laying eggs under my fingernails.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: obd2 distributor on obd1 civic help
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 12:20:22 AM »

The OBD2 plug is the exact same pinout as the OBD1 plugs if you melted the two plugs together.  Unless you're dealing with a 99-00, then it's got a single 8P OBD1-style plug... in which case the blue tach wire is deleted and the blk/yel switched power wire is slipped into the blank pin of the OBD1 plug.

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 01:03:07 AM »

The OBD2 plug is the exact same pinout as the OBD1 plugs if you melted the two plugs together.  Unless you're dealing with a 99-00, then it's got a single 8P OBD1-style plug... in which case the blue tach wire is deleted and the blk/yel switched power wire is slipped into the blank pin of the OBD1 plug.

i havent seen that on a BVTEC distributors... the 99-00 thing your talking about. only seen it on D's...

all the colors are the same, just match them up... depin the plugs, please dont hack/cut them...

also, if you really want, i might have a OBD2 dizzy plug. but i would just use a OBD1 style, im sure there is one on an extra harness you have laying around, or just steal one from a junkyard near by...
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 01:08:26 AM »

I have an obd2 dist on my car, you don't get it figured out i'll snap pics on the weekend

I didn't know the pins were exchangeable so I just cut a couple plugs from a jy and made a jumper harness.  Like JD said it is just like the two pins were stacked self explainatory where they each go.

and also like Dustin said don't hack your shit.  You will regret it later if something needs changed or shit you need to troubleshoot and want to swap a known working dizzy now your fucked.

Seeing hacked wiring makes me cringe, plug and play man plug and play

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 07:24:22 AM »

i havent seen that on a BVTEC distributors... the 99-00 thing your talking about. only seen it on D's...

I thought the Stealth Shuttle was a D?

Colin

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 03:26:14 PM »

The Shuttle is has a GSR :P

I'm working on it now. He doesn't have a OBD2 dist, it's an OBD1.

Basically the dist has an 8 pin connector (using 7 pins) which is the same as on my stock EG (w/ a d series). The harness has an 8 pin connector too, but only uses 5 pins. I'm trying to find a pinout for the 5 pin one. Anybody have any idea? I've never seen a 5 pin plug on the harness.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's similar to a DPFI -> MPFI.. but I don't recall there ever being a DPFI EG.

Colin

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 04:05:40 PM »

Figured that one out too, Stevemode cut the wrong 8 pin connector... no wonder the headlights won't work :P

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 05:18:14 PM »

Figured that one out too, Stevemode cut the wrong 8 pin connector... no wonder the headlights won't work :P

lol
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog
Pages: [1]   Go Up