:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: turbohf presents: BUCKET ASS EJ8 (EK) CIVIC... [TRADED/SOLD]  (Read 36796 times)

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: turbohf presents: RHMT PROJECT JEW EK
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2013, 08:07:21 PM »

Looks good man. I  know about 5 people that are using that map now....lol

not sure how much im using anymore? lol.

you had 72# injectors, i have 680cc... im running a stock 1.7bar map, you had a 2.5bar. so i changed the map sensor. that fucked with the tune. only like 7.5* timing at top? so i copied the last vacuum column, thne pasted that all the way across. then ran the boost comp thing for like 1.5* retard per pound. its like 20* for the last column i think?
there is like a 5% diff in injector size? and 30% diff for 92oct vs E85... so i guessed around 25% i think? and added that to the hole map lol. started on like half a crank the first time.

idles great with the BC turbo cams in it. sure that has some to do with your map. these should be bigger cams.

anyway. in the next couple days i hope to get the exhaust on (still probably needs some fab). and finish off one of my chargepipes that just needs a cut, and a couple welds.

need to clean the garage forsure. then swap to my wheels. car looks like shit. but it will have some baller wheels. lol.

cant wait to get out on the road with this. kinda excited. :) 
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2013, 10:13:54 PM »

well..... i put my wheels on and took pics... but photobucket is being the piece of shit bitch that it is, and of course not working... homos.

:evil:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

NoPistons!

« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2013, 03:26:59 AM »

See, i'm not the only one having problems with teh bucket.  Give it a few hours then try again. I dont even log into my bucket to upload pics anymore via android app and that seems to help. 

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2013, 10:04:26 AM »

yeah, i have been taking them all with my phone and uploading them on the app. then ill go back later and post them.

the stupid click to copy flash player url box thing sucks. says it copys but doesnt, last night it just wasnt at all... just gave up.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2013, 12:59:42 AM »

lol. forgot about the wheels pics...

Advan RG  17x7.5" et43 205-45-17   :Jew:

still havent pulled the rears off the car to extend the hats and lower it some more... maybe this weekend. got 3 days....

oh yeah, bought this too...

OEM black one was nasty. so i stepped up for a CTR red stitched one.... ok this was a $20 one off ebay. but pretty decent. think i used the same one for the CRX also.

bonus pic:

thats right, OVERNIGHT PARTS FROM JAPAN  :noel:
got a call from a big wig saying, "your critical backorder part blah, blah...shipped from japan... youll have it tomorrow... would you like a tracking number?" YES! lol

:Jew:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2013, 11:26:57 PM »

flux core!

scares me how good i lay this down sometimes.

fillin gaps lol..

I HATE EXHAUST WORK... i dont even like the fab of chargepipes. but at least its not under the car with flux and spiders/webs and shit...

maybe/hopefully final assembled.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2013, 12:51:20 AM »

Looks pretty good.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

NoPistons!

« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2013, 01:58:39 PM »

Nice.  3.80 for e85....not so nice.  ouch.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2013, 11:34:23 PM »

Nice.  3.80 for e85....not so nice.  ouch.

yeah, was thinking i was gonna see a 2.80 or something... almost didnt pump the shit. comes to over 5bucks a gallon... but i wanna try it.

so when i was doing the exhaust i had to pull the RR LCA...fuckin 1 piece exhaust......err. i guess i could have added a couple flanges..whatever. anyway the RR shock was PISSING oil. whole lower shock/bolt/lca where covered. oh, and it didnt rebound  ::)

so i search for some shocks....

ok... not very RHMT or probably jewish... but i did get them for deals. but still cost money...

i decided i wanted something quality and stiff. my TIEN RE's (cost x2 what superstreets) on the ITR even with like a million miles on them, road awesome. even the CRX with some over sprung coilovers (10/8k) did.
so yeah. these have shorter shock bodies and all. i only installed the rears tonight. i lowered them a little more than what i got them at. just spun the mounts up/shorter (springs are just lightly loose on perches)

leveled it out. little tuck in rear. WAY STIFFER. probably not as much as the CRX was tho. RHMT setup still in front for now. ill put them on this weekend after it stops raining.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2013, 11:39:33 PM »

Looks good. How much were they?
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2013, 11:44:25 PM »

Looks good. How much were they?
thanks. $800

oh yeah, they are Cusco Zero-2's think he said the spring rates are 8k/6k
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:45:58 PM by turbohf »

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2013, 11:53:29 PM »

Wow, fuck that...... That's almost the price of a sleeved block ....lol would be different if you lived someware where the roads aren't shitty. If I lived/worked in the city I would have a stock ride height car.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2013, 12:23:33 AM »

Wow, fuck that...... That's almost the price of a sleeved block ....lol would be different if you lived someware where the roads aren't shitty. If I lived/worked in the city I would have a stock ride height car.
... its on 17" Advan's also   ::)

other than the GIANT ass rut that is carved into 220th in front of my work, my drive is ok. they just fixed the only real bad part of the freeway. oh and the tressle/hwy2... that kinda sucks. but was ok'ish in the ITR/CRX lol.

looking into coilovers for the GVR4 also... but it will be getting slightly bigger tires, and not going too much lower in the front.

as for the price... yeah. it hurts a jew like me. but ehh. CRX (RacingLogic?), ITR (Tien RE), EG (Koni/GC), and my other EG (Koni/GC) lol... oh the GTI on Wietech? (something baller). they all rode awesome. cars on junk... KSport springs (EG) was ehh, green GSR on Tien springs was ok, but those wernt cut either lol... EK 4dr on a pair of progress and H&R springs was ok... EG on ebays was FUCKIN GARBAGE/SCARY.
i got the EK here from my buddy, he said it didnt ride good at all. i never drove it.

i have one more nice part in the mail... didnt go all out... and i have been thinking about some seats for this bucket... but idk. still looking for a PAIR of clean 94-95 Integra gray cloths...

oh this car NEEDS PAINT... LIKE ASAP!... looking for the missing/busted body pieces (if anyone knows local?) and a Si lip/grill combo... if someone knows someone local thats legit to paint/bodywork on this fucker... for legit price... doesnt need to be uber jew or anything, i plan on maybe keeping this car for a long time (lol 2 years?) so i would like a ok job i wont complain about everyday and be the reason i sell this car...

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2013, 03:09:31 PM »

BALLER!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2013, 11:35:40 PM »

ok. so not much work has gotten done...cuz....

the Galant bit me. bitch.  :evil:  :'(   still sore. smacked it hard. not stopping my from working, just slowing me down.

that was last weekend. trying to remove the axle from the intermediate shaft to replace a boot... the next day, i just knocked the outer joint off with the axle in the car.  :-\

i put the front coilovers on but still needs some adjustments. and a fender that doesnt fit like shit.

today was an audio focus. and some cleaning... car as a fuckin mess inside.

oh yeah. FIXED the fuel pump rewire action. and finished my kill switch/security measures...for now. maybe more later.

some 6.5" 3way Pioneer front speakers.

i found out last weekend from my buddy when i was trying to swoop some speakers off him that i had 1 MTX 6x9 and 1 6.5 Focal in the rear deck....why? it was some stupid story. upshot is i swiped the other MTX before i left.

note to self:  rear shelf buzzes like a mofo...and sub isnt even installed.

i bought a subwoofer box. its under the speakers in the pic above. ill try to remember to get a pic. its an RT Enterprises ported prefab box. they say made in USA. feels pretty sturdy for a prefab.

box is big. doesnt fit where i wanted for several reasons. and no spot to mount the amp.... oh and i cant find my box that the amp came in. has tbe book (found online tho) and the mounting brackets. fuck.

bought this.

and a hub, but my order got cancelled. fuckers. still waiting for one to show up. (and other shit)

this muffler has got to go. think im ordering a Vibrant stealth.

I NEED A STRAIGHT OEM FRONT END FOR THIS THING BEFORE I BUY NEW HONDA SHIT AND SEND IT TO PAINT...

might have some body work update posts coming too...see how this turns out lol...

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2013, 11:22:52 PM »

not too much today...

fancy... think i mentioned this in the last post.

got this today...

btw. that little emblem fell off already. as in i didnt even try to remove it, just fell off.  :Jew:

so i dug around for wire. found 3 lengths. 10', 12', 15'... 15' was 4ga. so no problem. used about 18" of some 5ga from one of the other rolls for ground. got them all ran and wired to plug for amp. oh yeah. i dont have lugs to hook to battery or ground. fuck  :-[

also spent too long trying to figure out where to mount the sub box and amp... not 100% happy with where either are, but should be fine, and ill live im sure.

oh yeah, this is the amp im using...just some cheap amp i got off ebay a couple years back  ::)

:-*

its gonna bump this.

like i said before. its a Sundown 12" dvc 4ohm....wired parallel, bridged at the amp. RT Enterprises box.

i had to pull the rear plastics, and rear deck to get the stupid speaker swapped. the rear deck piece only had 1 of 6 or so clips, and buzzed like a mofo, and there wasnt even a sub in the car. so i need to get some of those. and put some anti rattle foam on that bitch.

then i got carried away pulling more shit to clean...

headliner is sagging....like the WHOLE FUCKIN CARDBOARD... yeah cardboard. anyway, need to get a new one to replace it. looks like a broke one of the plastics also. shit.

looks like thats all the pics i have... and dont remember what else i did...

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2013, 01:02:22 AM »

Looks like forward progress.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2013, 01:14:50 AM »

more....

yup

installed the B&M short shifter the other night. forgot how much i hate swapping out shifters. btw, now i wish i wouldnt have bought this stupid thing. but couldnt find an OEM shifter in the time fame i had, which ended up getting fucked anyway...

yes it is too short, yes it hits the exhaust  ::) :-X :evil:

so when you swap in an aftermarket steering wheel into a 96-00 Civic (and others?) you loose the horn cuz all the contact shit is inside the SRS reel. with some searching you can find some write ups, most are shitty as you imagine. but the idea is to go oldschool. 88-91 Civics had a copper wire/spring thing that makes contact on the back side of the steering wheel... same idea (and if you wanted im sure you could use those parts, but im lazy)

i used a metal clip from a pen (seen someone else do this before) and a wire connector, crimped and soldered it all up for insurance. then your run the middle/brown wire on the gray plug that you unplugged when removing the SRS reel. BEEEP BEEEP  :P

*btw, this is by no means a writeup. my car didnt have a air bag to begin with. be sure to disconnect your battery, put your car on jackstands, and read your OEM Honda/Helm (not fuckin chiltons garbage) manual, etc...

still need some clean up, but you get the idea.

was suppose to get my 3bar map sensor today. USPS didnt deliver it for some reason. hopefully tomorrow ill throw some mild tuning at it, and go for a drive to see what scares me about the chassis...  :-\

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2013, 12:12:25 AM »

well i worked on a bunch of small shit.

finally got my 3bar map sensor. put that in. tweaked with the map.

took some work, but got the map ironed out in cruise. not really good/quick at tuning. especially with this wild ass guess base i worked up lol. solid 800rpm or so idle. cruise is drivable. didnt get into any boost. but looking at the map after some cruise tuning, it looks like it will hit a fuckin wall of fuel and probably not like it.

think the turbo is fucked. still smokes. i assume im passed the burn off phase.... and its leaking little oil from the turbine housing.  :-\

WTF IS WRONG WITH CROME?!?!  just like before in the CRX, its not logging/tracing the last column or 2 of vacuum and nothing in boost.

left front tire rubs on turns with bumps (lol, no shit), and got a loud rattle/knock from right rear that i assume is the exhaust...

also managed not to get arrested driving this smoking ass bucket around with no front plate...or bumper, yellow headlights, and annoying GReddy cannon... i might drag out this pile of shit bumper i have, or might just keep driving it like it is...  O0

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2013, 12:53:13 AM »

Looks like its coming together pretty good.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2013, 09:01:22 AM »

last night i installed a shifter extension on top of that short b&m shifter. 2.5" worked out to be pretty perfect. little taller than oem.

should have my traction bar this weekend. gonna cut a lip in the front wheelwell area so it stops cutting/scraping into my tire, and hopefully get this thing aligned early next week? then i can get my tune on.... maybe replacing the turbo and will be replacing the muffler, somewhere in there....

then bodywork/paint...

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2013, 10:34:10 AM »

Crome free?

BTW you are a baller, well played :noel:
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2013, 02:42:08 PM »

Crome free?

BTW you are a baller, well played :noel:

I have a paid version. with data logging/live tune/etc.

as for baller. ehh, maybe. just have decided to build my car the way I want it now. so spending some money on it. probably keeping it for a while.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2013, 08:52:54 PM »

so i have been viewing some build threads over on NWP4Life.... im gonna take a couple pics of my car tomorrow want to be clear on some things...

http://youtu.be/T47zEyXSGx8

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:58:42 PM by turbohf »

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2013, 12:48:30 AM »

so i bought this.

Full-Race Prostreet? traction bar. looks like its upgradeable to add the engine mount. these things actually went down in price. think i sold my old one for this much...

oh, and..

i painted those homo gold rods black... cant stand that shit... all of them. why do people thing they need purple/gold/polished/whatever bars and arms that dont do shit for them? well i guess this one is actually useful... but whatever.

didnt install this for several reasons. fedex sucks. its pissing rain. im lazy. and realized i dont have bolts, couldnt find any either. ill look again tomorrow, or just order new ones from Honda...

btw. my car has stock upper/lower control arms front and rear. no subframe braces. no beaks bar. no homo cross braces in the trunk/windows. no strut bars.... shit i dont even have front or rear swaybars.
these people really spend too much money buying this homo shit that does nothing for these hardparkin clowns...

probably the last of the toys for now.

i got some trouble shooting to do... car isnt coming into boost? then threw a code 7 for TPS. it was dark when i came back, but i could still smell burning oil, so the turbo is probably still leaking...

oh yeah... crome...

you know what tho.... if its not building boost it probably cant log it...... looks like it actually logged the last column of vacuum this time tho? wasnt doing it before.

fuck. why isnt the TPS working? this is gonna bother me all night now...

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2013, 01:32:55 AM »

ok. fuck. help?...

i got a code7 CEL... TPS...
i have .5v at C11 on OBD1 ECU.
roll into throttle it goes all the way to 4.95 or something. (at ECU)
power and ground at plug.
but turn CROME on, it says 0.00v and 26% throttle...

wtf?

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2013, 01:59:06 PM »

So if you fire it up with crome not running you get no cel?

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2013, 02:24:23 PM »

So if you fire it up with crome not running you get no cel?

i will double check here in a min. but correct. i fire it off, CEL isnt on. my live tune says 26%.... but reads .5v at the terminal going into the ECU.

it wasnt until driving about 3 miles, and tipping in harder, and harder to see if it would build boost did it throw the code (thats when i noticed/started looking into it).

i have swapped MAP and TPS plugs with no change. (other than the MAP reading showing nothing).

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2013, 03:09:09 PM »

ECU visually looks and smells good (P61/92GSR)

pins on ECU are good.

connectors have solid click/fit to ECU

removed pin from jumper harness it looks good

put bare pin on ECU pin. has good contact/tension.

this is what i see on key on, engine off.

(laptop is on roof at angle, poster is straight on wall :P)

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2013, 05:45:23 PM »

ok. so I guess that's just what crome does...cuz it sucks...

BUT... I'm still getting a code 7 CEL. and when it does that it just reads 26% till I key off then on.

its throwing a code I'm pretty sure cuz its hitting 104% @ WOT... but I readjusted the TPS and its .45v at closed 4.95v at WOT...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:37:27 PM by turbohf »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up