:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Make your own welding fluid!  (Read 8541 times)

slappynuts

Make your own welding fluid!
« on: April 01, 2009, 09:29:08 AM »

Ok here is what you need.

1 gal of cub foods apple cider in the 1 gal jug (pasturized but no preservatives) $4.09 gal

1lb of brown sugar (2lb bags are ~ $1.50).

1 bag of baloons.

1 pin or sharp poker.

1 piece of neoprene hose from home depot or menards.

1 packet of wine yeast. One packet makes up to 5 gal so make a few while your at it.You can get this at any brew supply shop (or you can harvest it from old batches).You can also order it online.

http://www.wineandcake.com/browse.cfm/wine-making/yeast/dry-yeast/cote-des-blanc-dry-wine-yeast/4,4873.html

Now pour off 1 cup or so of cider and drink it. Put your 1lb of sugar into a bowl and pour in enough cider to disolve the sugar. Now pour the stick stuff back into the jug and pur in a half packet of the yeast and put the balloon over the mouth of the jug. It takes about 12hrs for the balloon to start to inflate. When it does poke a pinhole in it.

Let this sit until the balloon starts to fall over. Then syphon off the clear part into aquafina bottles and let sit for 24hrs. This should give you a carbonated cider that will have a 6% + alc content. It will be a little harsh for the first week after bottling but will get better as it ages.

My next batch I am going to add some cinnomen.

• Certified OG
Re: Make your own welding fluid!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 06:07:50 PM »

how long does all this take?   cause i can go to the liqour store with that money and be over the legal limit in about 45 minutes

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 06:24:18 PM »

I make my own wine at home also.  Done correctly you should be able to get up to 12-13%.  It takes anywhere from 2 weeks to a month for a quick batch and up to a year if you are getting real scientific.  I am about 3 weeks into a batch of apple wine made from apple juice and brown sugar.  It tastes pretty freaken good right now. Yeah, you can go to the store and pick up some booze quick, but if you want one metric fuck ton of alcohol and you want it cheap, this works pretty well.  Also, get a real airlock instead of the balloon.  They are cheap and there is a lot less chance of having the batch get contaminated.

This is a batch of Merlot I just finished.  Worked out to about $2/bottle and I got 31 bottles out of it.
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

That Guy

• Fast and danger
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 11:27:31 PM »

I saw the title and went "welding fluid? welding fluid! damn honda-tech types" but now i see lol my welds only get worse with that type of fluid

fuck you more harder and with bigger letters.

93 Four Door  D16A6 SRP Eagle bottom, Factory rebuild up top. --->gtgtSplit fucking cylinder 1. detonation, you whore Welcome to the house that hate buil

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 12:55:23 AM »

Actually I was HOPING for a cheap Solor Flux alternative.

This is actually great. RHMT has everything you'll ever need - boost, boobs, and booze.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

slappynuts

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 08:21:35 AM »

Actually I was HOPING for a cheap Solor Flux alternative.

This is actually great. RHMT has everything you'll ever need - boost, boobs, and booze.

Seriously though. Go mix up a batch of this stuff.Its damm good and very powerful.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 06:26:27 AM »

SO what temp did you ferment at? norfolk is down the street imma go pick some up today and try a jug.  how long does total fermentation take? i see 12 hours to start but then how long till you are ready to syphon?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:27:59 AM by 97Econobox »

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

slappynuts

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 08:43:52 AM »

SO what temp did you ferment at? norfolk is down the street imma go pick some up today and try a jug.  how long does total fermentation take? i see 12 hours to start but then how long till you are ready to syphon?

10 days to two weeks to finish most of the fermentation. The longer you can let it sit the better.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 10:56:10 AM »

Ok cool so basicly you left em out in room temp and after 10 days teh ballon fully fell over. got it.  Im going to pick some up now and try to get it started tonight.  I'll see if i cant take some pics while im going through the process.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 01:48:51 PM »

So i went to teh shop and asked a few questions and got some interesting answeres.  First off lady at teh shopped said a month after bottleing is a good time period and she also pointed me to a few more chemicals for Cider specificly.  she said With apple cider you have lots of "something Enzymes" and gave me something to kill off those things, and also gave me something to kill off all teh wild yeast.  So from what ive learned on the instanets I assumed this was extra stuff i didnt really "need" but will only help me.  I think i spent like 15 bucks total for 2 packets of that yeast and the other 3 chemicals.  Also got one of those hydrometers so i can see what my alcohol content will be.

Heres teh yeast she told me to use and said the main difference between teh one you used and this one is this one will yeild a higher Alcohol content  :evil:

http://www.wineandcake.com/browse.cfm/wine-making/yeast/dry-yeast/lalvin-yeast-for-sparkling-wines/4,4878.html

Only difference is i will dump my 3 chemicals in there (yeast food, Enzyme killer and wild yeast killer) and let it chill out for 24.  then i will mix in Yeast and sugar and go to town.

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 04:08:10 PM »

You want to keep it at around 65-75 degrees also.  Just a note.  Anything less and the Yeast may not start or may take a while to get going.
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 09:24:28 AM »

Orgot to take pics but i added my pectin netrulaizer and Wild yeast killer last night. stuck teh cap back on.  Im wondering if your ballon trick is good enough or if i should buy an air lock. 

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 09:29:18 AM »

Get the airlock, they are really cheap.  Just started stabilizing and clearing mine last night.  Shits tasting pretty freaken good too!  Mine is sitting at about 12% ABV too :)

slappynuts

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 12:58:16 PM »

Pics? Progress? I have a 5 gal batch in the works right now.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 12:51:08 PM »

Yeah lemme know, Cause i got abotu a gallon of that cider sittin and doin its thing. its at day number 6 today and im still gettin bubbles so i suppose its still fermenting.  how do you stableize and clear?  just let it chill with the cap on?

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »

I use potassium metabisulfite.  Add about 1/2 tbs/gallon and mix well.  Wait about an hour, then add isenglass.  I can't remember how much.  Go to the brew store and they can help.  There is something called SuperClear that I use that has it all.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 09:43:46 AM »

Of course more shit to buy lol.  I wanted to do this on the cheap, I got like 25 bucks in it now.  I went to tthis store thinking i was gonna buy yeast and a tool to tell me how drunk i was gonna get and i left with like 5 different things and a 17 dollar Bill.  Fucking Pectin eynzime, wild yeast killer, and then food for the yeast now i need stablie shit lolol.

So slappy was yoru shit overly sweet?  Im thinking this shit is gonna be hella sweet with all that brown sugar in there.

slappynuts

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 10:26:22 AM »

I just pitch the yeast and let it go. What yeast did you end up getting? The yeast is only capable of turning a certain amount of the sugar into alc. The last batch I did was a little sweet but it was potent as fuck. If it comes up too sweet at the end just add a little apple concentrate and a little water.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 10:50:22 AM »

Yeah i was thinking i could dilute it with a bit of water or something.  I used different yeast than you i posted teh link up there.  It basicly just had abotu 4-6% more alc content.

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 11:58:42 AM »

I used 2lbs of brown suger and 6 gallons and it is like a really dry white wine.  Not overly sweet at all. 

slappynuts

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 12:02:12 PM »

I am trying to get the dry to sweet ratio down but I keep changing yeast  ;D

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 02:09:06 PM »

I used 2lbs of brown suger and 6 gallons and it is like a really dry white wine.  Not overly sweet at all. 

great My shit is gonna be rock candy LOL.  I used 1 lb in One gallon.

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 02:37:49 PM »

Holy Crap!   :o

slappynuts

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 04:24:33 PM »

great My shit is gonna be rock candy LOL.  I used 1 lb in One gallon.

No its not. It all depends on what kind of yeast you have. It is going to be very powerful.

slappynuts

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 05:04:04 PM »

The clearing has begun! I know some people like to chemically clear their stuff but I am much too cheap for that. This batch is using a different yeast and it has 3lbs of sugar in 5 gal of juice. This batch is very dry and very potent! The nice thing about using the balloon is you can take samples without spoiling the batch (ever milk a cow) ;D

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 07:16:15 PM »

Whatcha got in there?  Right after i setup this apple stuff I was wondering what else i can make with the same setup.  I bet apple juice with some pear juice would be awesome.

I figured my shit would be done fermenting by now but i still got Bubbles going to town in there.  Im thinking i might want to get something to start clearing it with or stop fermentation.  I want it to be bottled for a week or so before i drink it and i plan to do that like May 1st.

slappynuts

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 10:02:16 PM »

Just keep making more every week  ;D Then when one batch is done you will have more every week till your liver wont take it any more  :P

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 02:13:49 PM »

My God thank you for this recipe.  This shit was sooo fucking banging its not even funny, 4-5 of us killed it like first night of drinking.  It was So fucking good, can wait to make another batch.

slappynuts

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 09:11:03 PM »

Pretty cool shit huh?  ;D

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 11:24:29 AM »

My neighbor has had his balls surgically removed by his girlfriend so he wasn't allowed to give me the damn bottling shit he had so we said fuck it.  Toss the bitch on ice let the Shit in the bottom settle, Hike up our skirts and drink that shit.  Fuck filtering it.  Shit was still banging.

No idea how much alcohol was in it, but it made me look like this, pay no mind to the jew.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:29:18 PM by 97Econobox »

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up