:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MR2 to ROTORY adapter  (Read 10725 times)

caged

Re: MR2 to ROTORY adapter
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 06:26:28 AM »

Don't the RB26's have the front diff mounted right onto the pan with a axle running right through it? Are you going to swap all that stuff over onto the JZ's pan or are you going to ditch the AWD stuff and just run it RWD?

Yep front diff is part of the oil pan, will be doing a pan adaptor also to keep the AWD. Had it all on the bench today and it doesnt look too bad.
11.6@126mph 1993 mitsubishi GSR.

weirtech

• Certified OG
    • Weir Technologies Inc.
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 08:21:12 AM »

Did you do the flywheel adaptor first and then find the bolt hole location after the input shaft centralised it? Im about to do one with a mate for 2JZ up to R32 GTR AWD. great work once again.

i drew up the flywheel/crank adapter first.  then i took some measurements and figured out how thick the block/tranny adapter had to be.  the rotories have that weird big nut on the crank that is behind the counterbalance.  that is why the fw adapter had to be so thick.  the fw adapter was removed to measure the engine side of the tranny adapter.

i drew them up in two stages, just off measurements from each pattern, then overlayed them and lined up the center of the crank with the input shaft and rotated the two patterns together until i ended up with something that was realatively straight and without any bolt holes interfering.

it would be really difficult to do this sorta thing without drawing it up in cad.

da9wonder

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 03:32:39 AM »

damn impressive work

1991civicsi

• Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2009, 09:11:33 PM »

PM me what you would charge for this specific adapter.
"quotquotThis ain'#039#039t no forum, its a gang.. "quotquot BigDaddyVtec

levelzero

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2009, 05:03:17 AM »

Nice work.

The genesis engine is actually called the 13b-msp (multi side port). I stock form the push about 238hp which is a fair bit in that light of a car. My roommate is dropping a v6 into his first gen mr2 right now which is good for about the same horsepower, he's expecting to be able to run at least mid 12's NA.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2009, 11:12:16 AM »

Blah, blah, blah... My next post will be my intro thread.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2009, 11:30:44 AM »

Nice work.

The genesis engine is actually called the 13b-msp (multi side port). I stock form the push about 238hp which is a fair bit in that light of a car. My roommate is dropping a v6 into his first gen mr2 right now which is good for about the same horsepower, he's expecting to be able to run at least mid 12's NA.

Sir, tell your friend his expectations are set too high.  The mk1 isnt light enough to run mid 12s n/a.  They weigh more than a 4door civic, and the v6 makes it heavier. Even gutted and swiss cheesed he aint running no mid 12.  More like a mid 13 if he's a good driver, and has his worn out 20+ year old suspension in good order.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2009, 12:35:08 PM »

hmm yea they really make 238hp lol

thats why mazda did that huge recall cause they made 100hp less than they said  :-*
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2009, 12:46:20 PM »

Sir, tell your friend his expectations are set too high.  The mk1 isnt light enough to run mid 12s n/a.  They weigh more than a 4door civic, and the v6 makes it heavier. Even gutted and swiss cheesed he aint running no mid 12.  More like a mid 13 if he's a good driver, and has his worn out 20+ year old suspension in good order.

An accord, which is heavier than any civic, ran mid 12's with 270whp NA. Full interior.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2009, 01:07:47 PM »

thats why mazda did that huge recall cause they made 100hp less than they said  :-*

Yeah, but was the recall have something to do with 3 stage intake not working correctly?

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2009, 01:22:32 PM »

i have no idea i just know they recalled them because they are piles of junk  8)
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2009, 02:37:22 PM »

And the fact that most dont last to the 30k mark without gettting replaced. 

At least they dont have "transmission replacement" as a maintenance item in the owners manual, lol.

Toysrme

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2009, 07:18:36 PM »

he shoulda put a v6 in it

Kain

• Certified OG
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2009, 02:38:01 AM »

god damnit

The reason why Mazda did the recall was because in 1989 the decided to switch from mechanical metering pump to electronic.

in the rx8 they tried to inject as little oil as possible, and that wore down the apex seals more than usual. they gacve you a new engine and reflashed your ecu for free.

also, they make anywhere between 200 to 280 rw hp. just depends on things. ive seen microteched ones run 280 whp over at downing.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 02:41:23 AM by Kain »

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2009, 04:45:38 AM »

rotaries are homo.

aaron now that your feet are wet in adapterville make a d to b adapter for b trannies on d series motors.

levelzero

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2009, 05:12:16 AM »

Car weighs in at about 2100, very low drag coefficient and the all aluminium v6 weighs less then the iron block 4cyl ... although the trans he's using is a tank. It's a pure track car and he should be able to hit sub 2000lbs with driver. I think mid 13's are more likely but with everything dialed in and traction it does have the right power to weight to hit 12's.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2009, 01:30:08 PM »

Car weighs in at about 2100, very low drag coefficient and the all aluminium v6 weighs less then the iron block 4cyl ... although the trans he's using is a tank. It's a pure track car and he should be able to hit sub 2000lbs with driver. I think mid 13's are more likely but with everything dialed in and traction it does have the right power to weight to hit 12's.

The gearing in the toyota trannies is next to awful.  That would be his downfall there.  I still dont see even the aluminum v6 putting enough power to the ground n/a to hit those numbers. 

Also, where the fuck is your noob post?

weirtech

• Certified OG
    • Weir Technologies Inc.
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2009, 03:33:34 PM »

rotaries are homo.

aaron now that your feet are wet in adapterville make a d to b adapter for b trannies on d series motors.

i think the big problem is that the adapter for the flywheel to work properly would only work with 4 bolts in each pattern because the holes are so close together.  i'll have to look at it when i get a chance.  other than that, i can't see why it wouldn't work.

90turboteg

• Rebuildin turbos
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2009, 04:17:21 PM »

ya i need a h22 to a cg trans adapter 86-89 teg trans, for my 86 crx, the trans is super strong, has a b16 obx lsd and was rebuilt, and i dont want a h trans :-X
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7900/l37c04d3e54190216b7259c.th.jpg
daily driven 86 crx. john Deere flat black, fresh dohc zc w/arp goodies w/75 wet shot
Vitara setup in the works... 400+whp goal be done this season

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2009, 04:26:13 PM »

On the d - b subject, there is rumor out there right now, that you don't need an adapter, just a welder and a little ingenuity.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2009, 04:35:12 PM »

^^^^^^^^

custom flywheel is the only way. i have looked at it from every angle possible.

you could have a 3" thick flywheel adapter and make it work, but who really has 3" to spare in their engine bay?
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2009, 04:40:22 PM »

it would work out ok, but everyone is gona have to have custom axles.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2009, 04:44:18 PM »

Some times even honda tech comes up with something worth wile... http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2628657

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2009, 12:54:10 PM »

Some times even honda tech comes up with something worth wile... http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2628657

looks like its easier to machine a stock d flywheel to what you need instead of order a special b spline, d puck disc.  too much work for not enough reward.  you have to be hardcore d (and cheap) to do this as opposed to aftermarket gear changes. 

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.

Toysrme

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »

depends on which toyota v6 it is also.
there are a handful of the > 270hp 2GR-FE v6 swaps out there now that there are some alright writeups on them.
with any v6 (minus a 2L or 2.5L) you've got more torque IDLING than a 4a-ge / 4a-gze has peak, you have more horsepower at 4000rpm than it makes peak.
the weight is negligible depending on who's doing the swap VS a 3s-gte swap.

12s is stretching what most of the toy v6's can do unless its a newer hipo engine. 13's are not
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up