:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: price for stainless tubing  (Read 5450 times)

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
price for stainless tubing
« on: June 30, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »

i want to make an exhaust out of stainless. the wisconsin winters/heavy salting just fucking kills mild steel exhaust.

called the metal place here and they have 2 in 16 gauge 20 feet for $120, or 18 gauge for $102. are these typical prices?

also what size do most of you guys use the 16 or the 18?
this is just for my dd civic so thats why its 2''
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

Hotrodlincoln

• Certified OG
Re: price for stainless tubing
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 12:10:11 AM »

16 ga, and its not that much more $$
kill yourself piss face

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »

so $6/foot is a good price?  :?:
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

Hotrodlincoln

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 11:24:40 PM »

Its fuckin stainless what do  you expect. all im sayin is that its not that much more for 16 ga. vs 18
kill yourself piss face

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 02:53:53 AM »

Its fuckin stainless what do  you expect. all im sayin is that its not that much more for 16 ga. vs 18
$2/foot
malone labe

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 02:45:24 PM »

Go to the goddamn scrapyard and buy it for a fraction.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 06:05:16 PM »

fuckin places around here dont sell to the public unless your buying a dumpster full for 10% over current price
malone labe

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 06:11:58 PM »

Then jump the fence after dark?  I don't see the big problem.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 04:18:33 PM »

dd exhaust and stainless sounds stupid in the same sentence.

Go get a stick of aluminized for dirt. a stick here is like $25 (20-22-24ft depending on the day)

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 04:29:10 PM »

i aint tigging and using pie bends to put together an exhaust that will rot away in another year. not to mention the time to dip all the ends in acid to clean the galv.

i thought you were in WI, doesnt your county use salt?
malone labe

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 05:07:36 PM »

So you are going to take the time to tig and back purge this whole exhaust? If so I don't see the problem with $120-150 worth of SS.

If you are not going to do the above, you might as well just use the aluminized, as the SS will just rust at the joint. If you use the alumnizied why are you going to all the trouble of dipping the ends? Just burn it together.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 05:26:42 PM »

yes i am
malone labe

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 12:08:07 AM »

i aint tigging and using pie bends to put together an exhaust that will rot away in another year. not to mention the time to dip all the ends in acid to clean the galv.

i thought you were in WI, doesnt your county use salt?

If you talking to me I'm from North Dakota and yeah we have rust. But i have run alumized mig welded exhaust for years in our crazy ass winters. It isn't pretty but it doesn't rust through and fall off. Actually i have never seen a "new" exhaust ever fail on any personal friends cars.

get a mig and weld that shit up

rsmith2786

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 03:17:22 AM »

Wisconsin winters kill exhaust.  My 97 civic had the stock exhaust rust through in 2004.  I replaced with apexi ws and that rusted through in 2008.  Both systems unmodified.  I had the bad section of the apexi exhaust repaired and it failed again in 2009.  I then had it replaced at a local shop with their cheapest shit and ended up selling the car a few months later.

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 12:28:55 PM »

Wisconsin winters kill exhaust.  My 97 civic had the stock exhaust rust through in 2004.  I replaced with apexi ws and that rusted through in 2008.  Both systems unmodified.  I had the bad section of the apexi exhaust repaired and it failed again in 2009.  I then had it replaced at a local shop with their cheapest shit and ended up selling the car a few months later.

It's funny cause I replaced all the exhaust system on my gf's Accord and the new muffler lasted only 6 months. What a fucking joke. I welded the hole that was in the muffler and poured it with silicone lol

Now, I paint my exhaust with antirust paint. Bonus, it smell good when it gets hot  :noel:

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 03:03:19 PM »

up until last year this county didnt even mix the salt with sand, it was just strait salt.
malone labe

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 03:11:45 PM »

up until last year this county didnt even mix the salt with sand, it was just strait salt.

We use almost no salt here, it's to cold for the anti ice shit to work. It just sits there and does nothing. We sand pretty heavy though.

If your muffler rust that fast you are ether buying shit product or never wash your car all winter. 6 months on a muffler is stupid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up