Forum > Forced Induction

NOW WITH TWIN TURBO LQ4 ACTION~~~~~~~~~~~ 1966 RAT CITY RED ROCKET!!!~~~~~~~~

<< < (2/184) > >>

jdmhatchracer94:
Do. A 496 so your nova can be like mine lol. Mines a 72 though

HiProfile:
Practically any stock LSx type motor will have the balls (torque) of a carb'd 350, maybe a bit less than a basic 383/400, but will be much more fun to drive. Slap on some bolt-ons plus a cam and they're much better than 40yr old carb tech.

They bolt to a th350/th400 with a few $ in easy to buy parts, and the modern trannys will adapt to the car nearly the same way. For a few bones you can get a full engine harness where you only need to feed the engine +12V and the ignition wires. From there you can stay stock-ish, or use the EMS options for bolt-ons, turbos, blowers, etc.

That's my future plan for by 67 bird, stuff in a 5.3L (since it's a 326 HO trim car) so its a quick DD, then build from there. The actual motor will only be 1/3 of the overall cost, so it's usually best to pick what you want.

krazy4:
4.8 or 5.3 truck motor. MSD box for the ignition and a cheap ass megasquirt 1 for fueling. No dealing with the stock harness or hp tuners stuff.

TH400 tranny and a good sized turbo. 600whp is actually pretty safe on a stock motor. Some guys have pushed them wayyy farther than that.

ratcityrex:
I will probably stick with a stock ecu and harness for what ever LSx I put in it. But thats the rout I would like to go. Will probably just throw a cam and some headers and some exhaust and enjoy it that way until I get board. As far as trans, I would like to have a 4l60 or a manual. But will probably end up with a th400. It just blows me away how much the Mustang II front end is for these things. I need to find a rhmt way to build it on the budget and make it handle and stop well.

krazy4:

--- Quote from: ratcityrex on June 29, 2012, 03:28:58 PM ---I will probably stick with a stock ecu and harness for what ever LSx I put in it. But thats the rout I would like to go. Will probably just throw a cam and some headers and some exhaust and enjoy it that way until I get board. As far as trans, I would like to have a 4l60 or a manual. But will probably end up with a th400. It just blows me away how much the Mustang II front end is for these things. I need to find a rhmt way to build it on the budget and make it handle and stop well.

--- End quote ---

You can find an actual mustang II subframe and swap it in. Won't be bolt in but probably only cost you $100 or $200. Then the time to fab it in. Discs in the front drums in the back will be fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version