Forum > Hybrid/Tech

bore dial indicator gauge?

(1/2) > >>

turbohf:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-6-Dial-Bore-Gage-Set-0-0005-Grad-Part-714-755-NEW-/161064490169?pt=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts&hash=item25803114b9

I'm looking for a tool to measure cylinder bores to check the size. make sure they are round or close enough. taper. etc.

is that what I'm needing? I would like something to do several bore sizes. 75-81-84-87... maybe bigger but those off the top of my head. prefer to be in mm and not inch. but whatever.

Minor Threat:
Imperial is generally more accurate but that's the tool you're looking for.

92CXyD:
If Im just doing quick and dirty bore checks I use t-gages and a digital caliper.

If you are looking at runout or taper of bore then that tool would be what you want.

Maybe a better manufacture like Brown and Sharpe or one of high end Japanese made ones.

Waiting for Rawr to chime in or better yet Weir or Passenger since they probably play with these gages a lot.  :noel:

Tim:
I went with one that was 1.4-6 range so I could do rod and main bearings.
Also got a set of micrometers for the crank etc.

I suck at using them and don't trust my measurements haha

turbohf:
well I'm just looking to rebuild some 20yo engines for some more life. or just check them to make sure they are good for another round of use... I have built so many without even checking, but if I sell some I would prefer to make sure they are just fooked before slapping them together and shipping them out...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version