:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LM2 output into tuner harness  (Read 2330 times)

FreshDA9

LM2 output into tuner harness
« on: March 21, 2012, 01:01:44 AM »

Sold my PLX M300TE and bought an LM2 kit. I have a Xenofraud tuner harness in which i had the plx on and worked flawlessly. Had an issue with a customer car's wideband (wasn't ground to ecu logic ground) so i pulled out my LM2 and no go.

Plx was hooked up.
wb output - gray harness wire (D10 ELd)
power - Red harness wire (12v+)
ground - Black harness (ecu logic pin 21 or 22 i think)

LM2 currently has to wires for analog output 1 - + (lime green), - (Yellow).
I ran the yellow wire to Gray harness wire (D10)
used cigarette lighter adapter to power unit.

this did not work, honda ecu pins are almost all grounds correct? should i take the lime green wire and put it to positive red wire on harness?

Wideband display is working correctly just the signal back to the ecu isnt correct.

Thank you  O0
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

Tim

• Certified OG
Re: LM2 output into tuner harness
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 07:11:42 AM »

If you have two wires for an analog output then it is a differential pair.
The signal is the difference betweeen the two wires.

You need to run the lime green (Sig+) to d10 and run the yellow (Sig-) to your sensor ground.

I don't remember what sensor ground is off the top of my head, and assume you are correct with d10.

Edit: I think I use d22 as my signal ground.  Looks like its the stock tps, o2, egr position, iat, and cts grounds.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:50:50 AM by Tim »

FreshDA9

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 08:54:31 PM »

Thanks Tim thats what i was thinking but i didnt want to hook a + to a - and fry everything. will re wire and report back this weekend.
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

JaredKaragen

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 08:46:47 PM »

Thanks Tim thats what i was thinking but i didnt want to hook a + to a - and fry everything. will re wire and report back this weekend.

The analog DAC chip they use is über sensative, if you flick it across ground you just fried the output...  Good thing you checked :)

FreshDA9

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 02:20:03 PM »

good to know. been lazy the last week and still havent got around to soldering everything.

JaredKaragen

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 05:09:47 AM »

I soldered an analog in/out cable directly to the inside of the ecu case to the main connector pins for a backup tuning solution using only my lm2 :)

FreshDA9

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 11:51:36 PM »

I did this last weekend and it worked perfectly. even hooked it up through ectune and didnt have to play with the wideband offsets unlike my old plx unit. gonna try out the usb with it in ectune later on.

FreshDA9

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 05:43:57 PM »

Got to play with the serial logging with the LM2 and eCtune few days ago. this thing works so much better then my PLX.  :noel:

JaredKaragen

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 03:44:56 AM »

Got to play with the serial logging with the LM2 and eCtune few days ago. this thing works so much better then my PLX.  :noel:

I absolutely love the serial (USB) logging.  I don't trust any other method.   When tuning with Crome I actually use log works along side cromes analog value to be certain it is where it should be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up