:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question's on Jacer's 63 nova twin build...what fuel/spark set up?  (Read 2343 times)

JACER63

• Certified OG
  • well shit..
Question's on Jacer's 63 nova twin build...what fuel/spark set up?
« on: September 15, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »

well need some input on the fuel setup on my build in FI. should i just get a blowthrough,go efi tb, mpi or what? having a hard time deciding on a plan.. needs to be rather affordable, and sustain big power. i like the accel dfi thruster ems .. but what other parts are needed to make the whole system work?...fucking head hurts. do like the ms 3 too.. but both of the ones mentioned are only controllers. please chime in and help a guy out deciding.. late

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
Re: Question's on Jacer's 63 nova twin build...what fuel/spark set up?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 11:47:19 AM »

Still not sure what your overall power goal is yet, or time/mph goal is. Hard to recommend anything yet. I was at the track this weekend for Southern Alberta's fastest street car shootout, and the guy that ended up in second ran a SN95 mustang with a single PT106 turbo, and a C&S carb, it went low 8's at 175mph+ all night. I didn't see what ignition box he was running though, but can probably find out. The quickest car there was a 69 dodge dart swinger with twin turbo's (he wouldn't say what they were) but my guess is either a pair of S476's or S480's and Holley efi, with an MSD 8 ignition box. It went 7.91@179mph, and he drove it on the cruise without issue. 
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:43:57 PM »

I did a little digging, guy with the c&s carb runs an msd digital 7 with msd HVC II coil. 
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

JACER63

• Certified OG
  • well shit..
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 07:59:12 PM »

sorry, kinda of posted w/o some info.  first would like to make up to 1000, but that is the final goal after much tnt. car ran 10.90's all motor , so would like to improve to at least low 9.'s.. just racking my brain to figure out a good tuneable system.

have till march .

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 10:39:42 AM »

sorry, kinda of posted w/o some info.  first would like to make up to 1000, but that is the final goal after much tnt. car ran 10.90's all motor , so would like to improve to at least low 9.'s.. just racking my brain to figure out a good tuneable system.

have till march .

What does it weigh?

JACER63

• Certified OG
  • well shit..
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 12:19:03 AM »

have till march .

What does it weigh?

2600 ish w/me in it

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 07:43:12 PM »

have till march .

What does it weigh?

2600 ish w/me in it

Other then rear end gears, and some suspension tweaks it isn't going to take much to get that thing to run mid to low 8's let alone 9's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up