:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fuel pressure gauge on stock rail  (Read 2420 times)

notfastcrx

fuel pressure gauge on stock rail
« on: June 24, 2009, 11:26:06 PM »

ok so ive searched around a bunch and i can't find anything about this. i dont think ive seen anyone doing this? maybe i'm just retarded? haha idk. well anyway, on stock d16 fuel rails theres a cap on the end held on by two 10mm bolts, everyone knows that. my question is, will i get accurate fuel pressure readings if i just drill and tap a fuel pressure gauge right into that cap? fuck me if i'm just niave.

nsfw

http://www.eskimotube.com/57627-Amy-Reid-Real-Wife-Stories.html?th=1

http://www.eskimotube.com/53726-Amy-Reid-Big-Tits-Round-Asses---A-Day-With-Amy-Reid.html?th=1

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
Re: fuel pressure gauge on stock rail
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 01:08:56 AM »

I prefer the gauge before the rail, after the filter.
OG before the OG'#039#039s

notfastcrx

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 01:53:57 AM »

ok i'll just do a filter mount pressure gauge

BlkGSR

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with drilling and tapping the stop rail some where in between for a gauge, that's pretty much what an aftermarket rail is.. just more prettier.

To make it easier though, just get the kit to put it on the fuel filter via the banjo bolt and a fitting.

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 09:05:18 PM »

A gauge is best located in a location with little or no flow, this gives an accurate static pressure reading and minimizes any error due to fuel flow over your sensing port. (Venturi effect). Error would be minimal though   

notfastcrx

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 12:57:58 AM »

ok i guess i still dont get it. the fuel gauge on the fuel filter banjo fittings would tell me what pressure my fuel pump is pushing. not the pressure my fpr is at. so either i get a wideband or a fpr with a gauge built in? that is all

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 11:51:05 AM »

A gauge is best located in a location with little or no flow, this gives an accurate static pressure reading and minimizes any error due to fuel flow over your sensing port. (Venturi effect). Error would be minimal though  
hmm, I always thought the main reason you want a gage somehwere with little to no flow, is all plumbing has restrictions and therefor backpressure.  If you have flow you only know the pressure where your gage is, not a few inches down the line where the restrictions and backpressure changes.

In a system like a honda where the end of the rail has a huge restriction in the fpr, I wouldn't think it would matter really where you put it from the filter to the rail as the filter would be the only other large restriction you'd have to look for, so as long as you're downstreem of the filter you'd be fine.

(same concept as if you read boost pressure at the turbo vs. at the intake, each restriction adds backpressure and your end result is lower pressure reading at the intake)

ok i guess i still dont get it. the fuel gauge on the fuel filter banjo fittings would tell me what pressure my fuel pump is pushing. not the pressure my fpr is at. so either i get a wideband or a fpr with a gauge built in? that is all
only if it was in the inlet banjo of the fuel filter, the outlet would be the same as the fuel rail.  The fpr controls the pressure behind it up to the next big restriction.
(unless you're a dumbass with the banjo washers backwards like I did once and creat a huge restriction right at the rail inlet)
Pages: [1]   Go Up