:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: turbohf ~ never ending CRX project... 247whp/205fttq :) **SOLD**  (Read 42464 times)

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
Re: turbohf ~ never ending CRX project...
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2012, 10:04:05 AM »

Sounds good let her rip!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2012, 11:36:58 PM »

cuz everyone loves OEM parts (or should)

:noel:

so i installed the battery and it cranked over and started on its own champ? FUCK NO... runs for like half a second at a time. so after messing with it a bunch, swapping parts around, checking shit. i throw a stock MAP sensor in it (i have a 2.5bar Motorola in stock case) swapping bins real quick, and pretty much starts right up with no issue. shit. anyway. ill rock it for a bit at lower boost i guess. but i need to get a 2.5bar back in it before getting it tuned/dynoed.

drove it up the street real quick. its leaking a little oil still. diff/trans bearings are making a little noise. sounds like it might need some more tweeking. but i think it will be solid.

CEL for VSS... noticed it wasnt working... probably not plugged in actually.

Tunerview still doesnt work. just blinks. and the only value that changes is MAP (and its wrong). the rest are all just pegged out, causing the warnings to go off, aka blink.  :'(
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2012, 09:51:30 PM »

RUNS, DRIVES, EXCITED...still little annoyed.

tunerview doesnt wanna work. keeps grounding internally and turning the fuel pump on and off.
so i have no gauges.

good news is apparently when the CRX broke it was out of gas. went to Chevron for a tankfull of fresh 92... by the last mileage that tank was like 25mpg or something. its been sitting for like 6months? or something too.

drove it around town some. got like 12miles on it. got into boost a little a couple times (no gauge, so no idea how much lol) and its running stupid rich. wont even make a full pull if you tried. needs some tuning. but my basemap is ehh, ok. pretty much rich all over. but drivable forsure. just needs some work.

1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2012, 10:49:51 PM »

couple videos of it running...

efssuck2 - VID_20120609_143251.mp4

engine cold start to show how much the pistons make noise. when its warm you cant hear them over the injectors. oh, i havent done a valve adjust either come to think about it.

efssuck2 - VID_20120609_143354.mp4

showing off my ricer ass exhaust. not really loud at idle. Galant is way louder. lol it has a Magnaflow muffler... CRX has an Invidia.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:52:12 PM by turbohf »

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2012, 12:44:35 AM »

Nice hood prop.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2012, 01:37:39 AM »

Nice hood prop.

thanks. the uber gay CF hood didnt like the OEM prop. broke the hood with it. notice in the older pics im using a 88 door molding on the back crossmember ;)

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2012, 06:25:31 PM »

PARTS!

set of ITR (ok, Accord Wagon this time) front brake calipers. fluid looked ok, piston compressed nicely, and pins move freely...and mad jew cheap of course... just need some SS front brake lines, and some Mini Cooper rotors... (my CRX already has EX knuckles)

also got a set of hood hinges. my drivers side is bent and fucked up. passenger one is just loose.
new drivers side is in paint right now, along with the body... new passenger one? fucker is like seized lol. might just shelf it.

gonna try to mount the steel hood i got a week or two back on the CRX tomorrow (its at work). but it will probably benefit from a legit hinge.

took hte hood cowl off to get to the hinge bolts...omg, nasty. didnt even take a pic. just cleaned the shit out of it. blew out all the pine needles, etc. looks minty now. cleaned the cowl also. shit need to strip and paint the wiper arms......back to work!

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2012, 12:54:36 AM »

DAILY DRIVIN' DUTYS:

first tank:  ~27mpg    :-\
second:  ~30mpg  :)   <~this is with cruising AFR's at like 12.2's lol.

thinking about buying a new WB O2 sensor tho, im getting solid 13.5's once fully warmed up at idle. any less and it seems to lean missfire and get pissed off. so i left it there... but been noticing once i get to work its idling 14.5-15.2's with a lean missfire when dropping into the high 14s.... idk kinda doubting its readings...

would like to push the MPG passed 35... pretty sure thats what the EK got on its last tank with a Y7/Y8, that probably could have been better. CRX is lighter, more aerodynamic, etc.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2012, 12:53:34 PM »

Sounds like what larger P&H injectors like to do when run off a resister box to me.  Low pulsewidths == lean missfires because the fucking pintle either never or barely gets off the seat.

But I only had one experience, and everyone said I must be doing something wrong.  lol.

Solid work niggle.  I really, really liked the 11.1" brake setup on my old CRX, but I have become somewhat of an unsprung weigh Nazi these days.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »

yeah i had issue with my PTE1000s also. but the idea with running these evo injectors is that they would be just the opposite from what im told. way better spray pattern, can run them leaner, etc. idk...

thinking im gonna buy a Hulog, and cromegold...so i can datalog and tune myself...

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »

yeah i had issue with my PTE1000s also. but the idea with running these evo injectors is that they would be just the opposite from what im told. way better spray pattern, can run them leaner, etc. idk...

thinking im gonna buy a Hulog, and cromegold...so i can datalog and tune myself...

Cromegold comes with 1.6 and newr updates.  :noel:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2012, 01:29:25 PM »

so i can datalog with free 1.6? cuz thats what im using.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »

I always used Freelog.  It is a pain in the ass, but it is free and it works.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2012, 05:18:08 PM »

i cant get it to connect or post up relevant data.  :-\

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »

*UPDATE*

pulled a 32.5mpg tank last week. then the next was like a 28.5... still needs a fair amount of tuning work. i have jsut been DD it to work. about 250miles a week/tank.... been threw 5-6 probably. i could check my cluster for exact miles, but theres an idea.

oh yeah on that note. its not hot as ballz today so i decided to do a compression test, check plugs, etc.

plugs all looked fine. had some oil down a couple of the tubes. forgot to change the seals. oops. threw some better temps in. get some new honda ones in there soon.

compression test numbers where about 180psi across (within 1-3psi). there was more than a little oil in#4, so naturally that was a little higher (almost 190). ill check that one again after im sure the oil burns off lol.

seems to run fine. other than a little bit of a rattle when cold. but as expected.

im thinking im going to just bite the bullet and get eCtune. fuckit. i have an ostrich already, pickup a Hulog, and a MAC solenoid for some boost by gear action. and call it good. ill throw the mbc i have into the GVR4 (and probably buy a second MAC for upcoming project also).

JaredKaragen

« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2012, 10:53:38 PM »

Get ect; you'll never go back...

Just beware about licensing.  Just a thorn, not too bad.

When yearly re reg comes up DON'T PLUG IN OSTRiCH and run ectune; it will reset it and cause issues until you get your renewed reg.  I have a workaround pm me if it comes down to it.  Sooo simple you'll laugh, but not something openly discussed.... I try to protect ectune :). It's been very solid for me.

Too bad you aren't local; I would give you the in person how-to's :)

If you don't mind upgrading to a demon; try Neptune; just as solo as ectune, but I prefer ectune.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2012, 11:11:28 PM »

yeah im BAD with updating shit. i never update my PC lol. phone and most my apps im ok with. but im sure once i setup up my CRX with its tune, and work out my boost by gear. ill probably never touch it. im sure i will get boned by this stupid registration thing one day when i try to change a revlimit or something stupid.

im watching a couple AEM EMS;s at the moment (not for CRX), but once those pass ill be back to wanting to buy eCtune for the CRX.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #137 on: July 24, 2012, 01:34:03 PM »

I'm really liking Neptune, especially the on-board logging. Don't need a PC in the car until you pull the datalogs. Plus no lockouts.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

JaredKaragen

« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2012, 08:39:50 PM »

Hrtuning offers an upgrade trade in for the demon....

I hear xeno isn't selling licenses because of time it takes; and the ectune webstore down?  Though I haven't checked this for fact myself; it was on ect forums, and I havent seen Calvin post there in some time.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2012, 08:57:58 PM »

Hrtuning offers an upgrade trade in for the demon....

I hear xeno isn't selling licenses because of time it takes; and the ectune webstore down?  Though I haven't checked this for fact myself; it was on ect forums, and I havent seen Calvin post there in some time.

yeah sounds interesting on the trade in. although not really needed? but idk. im seriously not happy with my tunerview, not sure im willing to try Neptune... :-\

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2012, 11:20:36 PM »

well fuck me. i have been having a little issue the last couple days, CRX wasnt going full lean (turning off the injectors) on decell. sometimes was just holding like 13.5's AFR's. not good. also, getting some random AFR fluctuation, but thought that may be caused by something else. first thought was TPS. but in reality Honda TPS's never really go bad. and i cant test it cuz i gave mine to a buddy that NEEDED one bad. but i did test the voltage and calibrated it (didnt remember if i did to begin with). so i set it up, double check, ehh little off, then semi tighten it, wonder around, come back, and its way the fuck off again?!?! this is without even the car running. nope. dont like.

so mentioned all this to guy at work, he digs around and pulls out a 92-93 DX lookin throttle body with a minty lookin TPS, tells me to lmk what i find.

so i hack off TPS, install, etc... shit works minty. calibrates just fine. doesnt move, and  i did wait lol. went for a drive and shit. i didnt think it drove/idled/whatever poorly, but it does it better now  ;DDD

so while i was at it i figured i would give the Tunerview II another shot. im 99% sure i found the problem (hardware, not caused by me) and i got her mounted up! hopefully it doesnt act up, and it shouldnt, even threw in a little safety. shit turns off the ECU/fuel pump when its causing a ruckus.

anyway, im sure you came for pics, i know i do...

thats my view...threw the SPOON wheel, too bad i lost my ballin HF tach with its 5k redline going up little passed the missing 8k marker lol. up to 893k tho! lol

off, then on... last is the right and left scroll buttons (switch is for fan ON override). its set up to display 7 screens...

that sounds like it requires a video...

efssuck2 - VID_20120801_193930.mp4

thats all for now. maybe more later....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:31:54 PM by turbohf »

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2012, 11:24:50 PM »

DO WORK!

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2012, 11:55:33 PM »

so a meet was bought to my attention, and realized i havent been to any lol. always complain that the hood/bumpers are up to par. so i felt some actual want to work on the car. so i brang it to work, and PRESSURE WASHED off all the paint off the front bumper. yeah. didnt really stick too well to the bare plastic of the bumper. i also bought some adhesion promoter. was recommended by a couple people. so im gonna give it another try, and paint the rear bumper.
i wet sanded down the hood with some 2k grit, took all the grainy texture of it. started polishing it, looks liek its going to turn out ok. also think i fixed the hood alignment. looked like didnt really wanna shut all the way.

been staring at the tunerview non stop. noticing that the coolant temps are way higher than i want them to be. been fucking with it for weeks now. i cant really get the temps down when its cruising speed. thinking of getting a full legnth aluminum radiator... we will see.

NEW PROJECT COMING SOON...  :Jew:
i know i keep saying that. but im lazy and shit. he isnt really in a hurry. he says he will try to drop it off this weekend. whenever it gets here ill make a thread. its gonna be a minute before its a driver. needs paint/swap/turbo...

CRX will continue. although not really looking to do too much to it. might do some suspension shit, and needs tuned. plan to drive it and have fun. probably DD status cuz it gets good mileage.

GVR4 will continue also. it needs the intercooler installed. will be working on that here very soon. need to get it ready for winter snow drifting. maybe a real engine management system...

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2012, 12:42:47 PM »

Were are the pic's!

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »

didnt have my phone on me when i was pressure washing the bumper, just looks like a black bumper now with just a couple little paint spots. stuck good on the drivers bumper light pocket. the other bumper is just a red 90 rear bumper. ill take some pics when i start painting on them.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2012, 08:38:13 PM »

ok some car porn for ya. im sure not many are here to look at my ramblings anyway lol.

these are the victims. 90 HF rear bumper (to complete my 90-91 swap) that i have had forever, just havent wanted to put the work into it to get it useable, and paint it after the front didnt hold for shit. speaking of, thats the other bumper, new 90-91 unit. i litterly pressure washed off the paint with the washer in our detail bay.

rear all sanded then primed up. then the last pic is after wet sanding down and washing.

CRX sitting and watching patently to get its newly painted parts.

buffed out the hood while waiting for coats and shit. hood was not the best condition, and still isnt. but i did get it to polish out ok. phone probably doesnt picture it well tho...

laid down this adhesion promoter, looked like complete shit. so i sanded it back down.

still doesnt look all that great. but at least there isnt lint and shit in it. gonna prime it up hopefully tonight, and wet sand it. hopefully it comes out smooth and flat. and holds paint. etc.
tape sucks ass, i think its gonna have some overspray/runoff bad... but ill bumper coat it, or scratch it all off with a razor. we will see..

oh yeah, the rear bumper will be half painted half texture black before its mounted. i hate that full paint shit. OEM!

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2012, 08:30:46 PM »

not gonna post pics of the bumpers painted cuz there are lots of runs and shit in it. lol.

anyway, getting ready for the annual Acura of Lynnwood All Import Meet. plus just getting the cosmetics where i want them.

pics.

this is for Marcus.

fuck you  :P  this took forever.

just little interior shot.

the "tuning" laptop... really thats all it can be used for. my phone (and tablet im sure) is fuckin faster im pretty sure.

:Jew:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »

buddy sent me this pic this morning from the meet. only decent shot i have seen so far.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2012, 10:54:50 PM »

i hate this tuning shit.

spent money on a HULOG, fucker still doesnt connect. i downloaded drivers off moates.net. doesnt connect. using crome. just times out. warning messages and shit.

fuckin homo. :evil:

jdmhatchracer94

• I have a nova that will never run!!
  • Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2012, 11:40:18 PM »

Did u set all the com port setting up? Had to fuckin do it 3 times before mine started workin right
4 door eg nbspnbsp 13.2@118 someone needs to run slicks
338hp 293tq

Good enough to fuck your mother
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up