:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: turd40 gone, cocaine and hookers 5.3 luxury barge underway  (Read 68038 times)

NoPistons!

Re: s13 build. Finish the damn do already!!!
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2013, 12:02:48 AM »

Built the motor and put it in the dsm.  Would have been running today but one out of our 3 man party had to go run.   The owner and myself put the clutch, gearbox, mounts and stuff back on in roughly 3 hours.  That's with food, cigarette and bullshitting breaks. Lots of people kept showing up today.  Had to loan my engine crane out, had to borrow one from another friend....

Anyway, that will be done hopefully tomorrow.

S13 got a nifty new hole in it's fender and cut the core support.  Oe radiator STILL wont fit even slanted.  Fuck it.  From the get go i knew about the only thing that would work for this without modding the radiator would be an rx7 unit.    Didn't have a chance to do anything with the downpipe yet but i'll get on cutting and tacking some of it tomorrow if i get a chance.  Dude wants to drive this thing to the beach friday to break it in so i may have to wait. He'll be paying me soon, taxes came in.  Not alot but enough to put some fun parts on my car i need.   We're going on a trip next week to go trade/sell alot of my parts i have.  Etc....  I can't say what is going on exactly right now aside from radiator and downpipe since those were the two big issues going on with the build.  THe rest is just bonus fun/parts.

I plan on doing alot of ss braided shit in the future and was thinking there had to be a tool to make this shit easier.  Sure nuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL4kPrSZSEc

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2013, 08:34:42 AM »

All that typing and no real progress. DO WORK!!! Lol
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

NoPistons!

« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2013, 03:33:42 AM »

Well fine faggot.  This is a small scope of pictures documenting what i've been doing for my fren....   

I ran back through this.  Hone fucking fell apart on me swinging it the other way to get the CROSS part of the crosshatch....

Fast forward.....

It's bolted in.  Finishing up tomorrow morning, putting fluids in, starting it, checking for vac/oil/coolant leaks and i'm back to work on my shit son....granted i never stop working on it.  I work on it at work writing formulas, fucking around with my ms (i literally bring it to work and plug it into my laptop in the truck) etc...  Nerd shit.  I'm bout dat life.

In my defense he just dropped off a bunch of nice non crush bent 2.5" bends, some 1.5" bends and some old aluminized steel trampoline shit i'm going to use to do some more happy fun things to my front end.  I ordered some coilover suspension and i'm going to pick up some more shit tuesday.  Relax niggaaaaaa!!!!

240 is still the same way i left it in the previous post but hey, here's a visual!   :noel:

Exhaust goes here.  Why not?  Fuck a quiet car.  Fuck sleeping.  I got plenty of nigs here locally talking mad shit wanting to run but wont talk shit to my face about running it so fuck them.  Fuck the police.  All out baller as fuck.

And i has to make new core support.  Can't do that until my radiator comes in and the radiator has no cap so like, i had to order a $40 remote fill neck.

Little parts i need are 12 fuel line clamps, some 5/8 hp fuel injection hose (to install my rx7 injectors), bout $12, a -10 an to 1/2" npt male/male and an o ring 1/2" npt lock nut.  oil drain diy bulkhead on the dime.  $7 total.  Already ordered those things.  Just was unsure if this shit would work out on the nog trying to rig it.....

w0000!  I haven't picked up any npt barbed fittings to do my catch can with yet because slacker but that's comming.  JB weld and spray paint will be involved.  ALL my friends are pitching in to help now that they are up and running.  Grateful for the extra hands.

I still find it bullshit i bang my friend's car out in a matter of weeks and mine.....well you know the deal.  Maybe because part of me wants to half ass my car and the other part says "fucking stop, asshat.  Do that shit legit or you'll be doing it more than once".

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 03:41:03 AM by NoPistons! »

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2013, 09:48:48 AM »

Yea, I do other people's shit way faster than mine. I don't know why. Kinda like tuning. I have never done a full 100% tune on my own stuff, but once or twice a week I tune other people's shit that's solid.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

NoPistons!

« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2013, 07:43:31 PM »

IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.   Too much think and not enough do.   I'll see how much i can attempt to get done on my car tomorrow but thursday i will be super busy with other stuff.  The warm weather and fresh parts motivated me.  Plus taking a break to do this other car was fun.  At times it sucked but it was mostly fun. 

dsm runs.  Well actually.     Cranked up around 2am thismorning.    Back on track.....

NoPistons!

« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2013, 06:41:44 PM »

Tomorrow night i should be finished hanging the new injectors on the lim.   Clamps i picked up today are too small.  Excitement.  ;DDD   Because i'm lazy i'm pulling the motor back out again (not shit because no stupid crossmember in the way anymore.  Doing a multipiece now.  Should take me a days worth of work if i have one or two friends over helping.   Crash bar will bolt in and radiator/intercooler bracket/core will bolt in.  Makes life easier.

I told ted we need more engines in the warehouse.  Right now a bunch of useless crap we're cleaning out for spring.   I was a bit upset today so decided i'd work on my car a little.   You think an injector swap would be easy and no big deal....not on these engines.   I'll show why tomorrow.   

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2013, 07:46:24 PM »

Side feed?
obd1>gtgtall

NoPistons!

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2013, 01:54:15 AM »

No, top fed bro.   

Coilovers came in today.  Injectors got done BEFORE i went to work.   Sd card wasn't switched over in my phone so i lost a good bit of that injector swap process but you can read about it here if you're interested.   I take ZERO credit for the link.  In fact, this very link is where i got my info from.

http://www.redz31.net/pages/fuel/fuel.injectors.html

All i really have to add is removing the stock fuel hose clip things are a pain in the ass.  Over an hour with tin snips and a metal pick to remove all 12 of them.  New injector (which is not barbed) recieved an o ring and a worm gear clamp.   The injector body hold downs fix the injector itself to the lower intake manifold and the clamps just keep the rail from blowing off the injectors.  They drop right in using z31 turbo seals and plugs.  You have to shave the tab off the bottom for the plug to fit but that seems to be how it is with injector swapping half the time anyway.

Anyway, i'm really pissed at photobucket.........  I'll try in the morning.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2013, 11:50:03 AM »

that is the most retarded thing i have ever seen. thats a fire waiting to happen. i worked in a nissan dealership at one point and dont remember that at all
obd1>gtgtall

NoPistons!

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2013, 01:22:27 PM »

No, if you're dumb enough to reach fuel pressures towards 100 psi and shit it's a fire waiting to happen.  They do make an o ring rail but it's aftermarket.  This is oem.  Mercedes also has this setup on one of their cars.  Injectors are 420cc.  Hose barb style.  Look this shit up.

I've seen people hose barb and use the injector body locks to run additional injectors on older skylines and rx7's way back in the day over in j-land and the shit worked.  PR does it too.  This is why i love my cars.  Each and every one of them have stirred the pot until the water boils.  Must be doing something right.  =D

Anyway, mines:

The pink top barbed is in my hand.  The o ring rx7 injectors are on the rail.  Rest assured it was a BITCH to remove the oem ones.  those  weren't going anywhere without a razor blade and tin snips and i'm pretty sure these wont go anywhere either.  Seen several setups (identical intake/rail/injector combo) that are still living today done exactly the same as pictured putting down over 400 wheel.  Imagine that.

I may zip tie the rail down with 150 pound ties just for extra security.   Yes, i'm serious.

Still have to install the fwd maxima thermostat housing and coolant pipe before this can go back on.  My ears have so much pressure they are rining, my throat is sore, my chest is tight.  I want to kill every pine tree on the planet right now.

Oh, yeah, coilovers.  I've always been like "meh, coilovers".   I wished the pictures i took yesterday would have worked.  Came out alot better.....  I've owned JIC (garbage), D2 (Came on my car when i got it.  Msrp is high but great coils.  Damping could go full caddy to full pissing blood from kidney fail in 32 clicks) and now these.  With my stock shocks free'd up i can cut them apart and work on the billstein hd setup which i should have done in the fall.  That's going to take some time and money......   These SHOULD hold up fine and if they dont, warranty.  =D

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:30:13 PM by NoPistons! »

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »

My problem with the hose on the injectors has nothing to do with pressure. It has everything to do with sitting on top of an engine, heat cycle after heat cycle till they dry rot and bust. It's not making the power, I know it will work, it's longevity
obd1>gtgtall

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2013, 08:55:26 PM »

As long as it's fuel injection hose it'll be fine. Unless you're worried about your feed and return lines as well?
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

NoPistons!

« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2013, 12:02:13 AM »

ALL my fuel hose is high pressure fuel injection hose. Wouldn't dream of using anything else aside from aluminum hard line or SS teflon lined.

Edit:  O rings and injector seals have around the same life expectancy as the rubber hose.  If you are stupid enough to just let that shit go and dry rot you deserve to watch the shit burn to the ground.

I've owned 2 rx7's.  Pretty sure my ass is covered from the paranoia those things put me through.   Just because i switched back to pistion engines doesn't mean my rotary basics were forgotten.   I think about safety quite regularly.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:10:45 AM by NoPistons! »

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2013, 01:18:33 AM »

And spinning triangles, and thus, cocks.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

NoPistons!

« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2013, 03:18:51 AM »

My s4 base model came from the junkyard.  it had been sitting for years.  WEEDS, RAT SHIT, GRASS, KIDS MOVIES IN MEXICAN, all kinds of shit all up in it.  Oh yeah and dont let me forget the fire ants nesting in the gap betweent he firewall and the bulkhead.  All up in the fender too.

Motor turned over by hand and the guy i sold it to for $125 put maybe $300 into that motor to rebuild it and it STILL runs 3 years later.

Motor in my gxl was rebuilt by rotorsports racing in kannapolis, NC and i beat the FUCK out of it like i didn't give a damn for 3 years and it never once fucked up on me.  Never even flooded.  I had the same spark plugs in it for 3 years too and everyone with a rotary always bitches about the flooding and having to change spark plugs.  Imagine that.

You sir can choke on MY COCK.  Savor the flavor.   I was more into skidding those cars than i was racing them considering everyone thought i was lying about hp numbers.  After i get a few more things out the way i'll be making a return to rotary.  There's just something about that engine that stuck with me.  THey have 3 moving parts and do cool shit and spool big turbos.  I wanna figure out how to get 350hp boosted from one reliably without blowing it to kingdom come.  Maybe stuff it in a rwd converted geo metro or civic.  something stupid and obnoxious that fucks with people.  I hope you take the shit talk with a grain of salt.  I know i do.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:13:55 AM by NoPistons! »

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2013, 04:13:11 AM »

My problem with the hose on the injectors has nothing to do with pressure. It has everything to do with sitting on top of an engine, heat cycle after heat cycle till they dry rot and bust. It's not making the power, I know it will work, it's longevity

I made my own DSM injector seals with buna-n hose, which means it contacted fuel/oil/manifold at the injector bung. It took about 2 years before it showed any aging. I'd estimate 5 yrs for this setup, so it should last just enough to get it running! ;DDD
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

NoPistons!

« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2013, 04:24:28 AM »

Fully legit.

Broke until next payday but i'll get all the power wiring shit taken care of, get some oils, probably water wetter because i dont need antifreeze and i'll just use a shit battery for now just to jump off and see if she'll run.  Now it's the fun nickle and diming part to complete the car.....mechanically anyway....

NoPistons!

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2013, 08:54:33 PM »

Plans didn't go as mentioned above but things got done...  More on that next week.  I'll say this tho, downpipe was no fucks given.  2.5" crush bends with an ss flex bellow and ss v band.  All generic flux core'd up.  I did.  Charge piping so far looks like a Weld-free affair but i have to ghetto rig a beader tool.   Coolant system is about sorted too.   There's pipes and shit everywhere.  I'll show you next week.  Got some parts coming in.  Bought some stuff today but it's for that "nickle and dime" completion shit.  Just wiring, couplers and some fab stuff.  Tapped out my budget until next pay day...

NoPistons!

« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2013, 03:51:14 AM »

Ghetto as fuck.   Pipe mockup was done David Blaine by hand because i think i need to order some couplers.  Def a 3" for the cold pipe.  Opting to use the composite stuff for that.  No steel or pvc needed and i have leftovers for my buddies car or whatever.

And i love this motherfucking toooooooooooooolllllllllll.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2013, 07:29:05 AM »

Starting to look like something now
obd1>gtgtall

NoPistons!

« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2013, 02:13:18 PM »

Help and support.  It's been nice to have.

My brother lent me his auto darkening helmet and a set of hands to help me fab a removable underside-mount intercooler bracket and we came up with the bash bar plan.  Build it to be removable from the frame rails BUT fill it with concrete. 

And last night when i came home from work i see two bags next to my porch.  Someone mysteriously brought me a pair of steelies.  4 lug.  Drift spares.  Still haven't found out who did it.  That is fucking rad.  Stuff like that motivates the hell out of me.  Not just on my own car but hooking my friends and their friends up too paying good deeds forwards.  I'm all about some teamwork and helping out.

My prw-2 coil showed up, 2-2.5" reducer coupler should be here tomorrow and hopefully i'll have subframe collars by next week.  The collars are for s chassis specficially because the subframe is on some bushings.  Mine are probably og as fuck since 93 so what the collars do is act as isolators to keep the subframe from shifting and moving under load.  Pretty much lets the suspension do it's work with less slop.  The following pictures are not my own!

And this is ONE of the stock bushings.   Subframe is held in place by 4 bolts to the chassis and these are the bushings.  Enough play in them to have me concerned about consistent geometry.   A good driver can get around it.  I know i can but because i have power and retarded amounts of steering angle, stability and traction must be on point.  I'm crazy and LOVE throwing the car as hard as i can.  If i spin, oh well.   Gotta keep it nasty as fuck but safe and competent!

Way this works is the slotted collar goes on top and the 360* goes on the bottom.  No need to lower the whole subframe (which is a pain in the ass if you dont have a transmission jack.  I can borrow one from my homeboy but no need.  They make subframe RISERS which you need to remove the stock bushing and it gives you a bit of roll center correction WHILE lowering the car a little bit as well but i dont have time for that and probably do not need them.  Collars are fine for 90 percent of the driving people do with these cars.

If photobucket wasn't such a fucking cunt to use as far as uploading (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't) i'd post more pics.  It just depends on if it's behaving or not.  Expect me to get more active with blogging and i'll attempt to start a legit spot for it at some point this summer.  I like doing this stuff alot but only when it's with friends and family.  Sucks working by yourself or in my case against myself.   TWO turbo manifolds.  TWO core supports.  TWO coolant systems.  Two vg30's.  I hate doing shit twice....

That being said when the turbo comes back off the shaft, wheel and nut are getting sent to gpop shop for balancing. $100 for peace of mind insurance isn't bad.  Total cost into the turbo itself would be right there at $300.   

I love this shit.  Right now i feel like i'm killing it so hard and can't wait to get on the track!  Gonna have a good summer.  If anything on the car breaks it's been engineered into it to NOT be a complete pain in the ass to hurry up, get replacements and keep downtime to a minimum.   Because race car.

NoPistons!

« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2013, 08:38:44 PM »

Two good things happened today.  Finished my charge pipes without having to order shit.  *nog level over 9000*

....and photobucket decided to work today.

I have a solution for this.  Oe headlights wont fit and i pretty much dont care to get a silvia front for it any time soon.  It would look cool but honestly i wanted the sil face for the headlights.  They are 10x better than pop ups at lighting up the road.  Obviously pop ups will not fit now because air filter and ALL the hot pipes and intake are aluminum.  Cold pipe is steel. 

Little overview of the bay as it sits.  This was maybe an hour and 20 minutes ago...

And a shot of my 275's.  I hope they provide decent traction.   Did well on my friends mustang but he had em on a 10" rim.  Mine are 9" so we'll see.  Z rated sumitomos.  =D

Oh, right.  Headlight solution.  These are kinda gross looking but for $99 shipped i can toss some $60 dual beam hid kit up in there, say "fuck you other motorists" and see everything at night like the terminator.

420th post on new real home made turbo.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:46:17 PM by NoPistons! »

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

NoPistons!

« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2013, 12:53:32 PM »

Had quite a bit of fuck shit happen a couple months ago.  Wasn't fun. Stuff hasn't been easy.  I'm unemployed.  Living off 401k monies for the next few months or however long it takes to get a jobby.  Fuck it.  Shit happens.  I'll be ok.  I think....

As of yesterday i cranked the motor over with the starter.  MS map i made offline wouldn't boot due to some fucked issue with code downloading.  I'm fixing it now after i flashed the ms and used Tuner Studio live attached to the ms burning to ecu as i go.  Bout 80 percent.  Finishing that bit up now because rain.  Because the jetstream is teabagging the everlasting fuck out of Carolina i haven't been able to work as fast as i want.  Rain for pretty much the past two months straight........

Wheels have changed.   Color is changing as i get windows of niceness to actually do some rattle canning and sanding.....    Got a sabelt and Gforce sfi approved harnesses, both seats are OEM so they will pass tech.    I broke my vband clamp and need tires.  Oil i got in here is rotella 15w40.   I put 6 quarts in and it's barely at the "MIN" mark so i guess that means my ass doesn't need an oil cooler huh?  Oil changes gonna be a bit pricey in this bitch.

Pictars?   Dos pictars.

Wiring And because I'm an intellectual being,  megasquirt.  this is just the main efi shit.  I haven't wired in any kill switches.  Red switch is for main power to ign switch, yellow switch is lamps, green switch is fuel pump, blue switch is efan granted i can mod the squirt to handle that.   I'm now running n onboard bip coil driver in the case since i couldn't get the stock ignitor figured out.  Didn't want to get the resistor value wrong and break something.

I'm trying to start it today or tomorrow depending on how well of a job a do, what doesn't work, what does work, what registers, what doesn't.  Meh.  I hate wiring.  Really.   

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2013, 03:49:04 PM »

I never understood the beer tap shifter. Seems annoying.
obd1>gtgtall

NoPistons!

« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2013, 01:24:55 AM »

I have no idea where the trend started but a buddy of mine was selling this and offering to thread it for me at a good price.  It fit the bill.  Will take some getting used to.  Literally like rowing a boat but i thought it'd be fun.  No performance gains at all.  Straight novelty fun item.

Is anyone here familiar with TUNER STUDIO?  I know megatune uses eztherm to calibrate.  Just not sure about where to plug the values in with the tuner studio.  I have no yet purchased the full version.  If i need to do so lmk so i can knock that out bright and early tomorrow.  Thanks!

Edeeettt: MegaSquirt Sensor Calibrations

According to this way more than "calibrate tps" was supposed to be on my drop down so i'll be buying the full version now.  Been raining on and off.  I'll do what i can.  I know ya'll ready to see what the hell this shit is all about. I'm ready to see what this shit is all about.   Bout to go check the mail and see if my vband clamp is in there so i i dont have to soot up my engine bay.   This is what it looked like after i changed my water pump out and was gettign ready to put the turbo back on....  Flex hose and push loc fittings are awesome.  I used alot of it for coolant/low pressure ps.

did this for my layout but it's too bulky for kick panel mount.....

Prolly will use self tapping screws, some rtv and put the ms on the tranny tunnel behind the dash. Stealth is key.

Also old bumper vs new bumper.

Got back to posting here because most of you know what the deal is and dont fuck around.   That's love.  No homo.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:00:37 PM by NoPistons! »

NoPistons!

« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2013, 02:25:55 PM »

I paid $10 for a new v band clamp to replace the broken one.  Pulled it out of the package today and it looks TWICE AS STRONG as the other one i paid $30 for.   Also the clamp area is better designed.       Original V band i broke came from ORIGIN MOTORSPORTS ON EBAY.  THEY ARE SHIT.  FUCK EM.  DONT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THOSE GUYS.  They are VERY dodgy when it comes to answering questions about their fab parts and boost goods......    This new clamp came from a seller called "SPEED DADDY".     

I dont condone buying shit from ebay/china but in a pinch you do what the fuck you gotta do.  "Speed daddy" clamp on the left.  Origin motorsports clamp on the right.  Fucking garbage.

Guess i'll go put my downpipe back on now.

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2013, 04:01:06 PM »

does the 'beefier' one use drilled pins and a standard bolt?

The cheapo ones I have have look like the smaller one in your pic
once the threads rust and the stud snaps it's garbage.

The latest one I got, there were two pins with the strap wrapped around them
one had a through hole and one tapped.
If the bolt broke, take it out and replace the bolt.

Glad you're back.

Fuck You

NoPistons!

« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2013, 12:26:38 AM »

Lol.  Well fuck you too! 

The beefy one looks like the bolt goes all the way through and was welded in on the backside.   

The shitty one?  I haven't looked at it.  It just looks to be pinned and bushed.   To be honest i didn't put alot of torque on it.   When i was backing it off (like i had done about 4 or 5 times before) it started to catch and eventually snapped at the thread.  Nylock wouldn't even turn.....  I'll save it and repair it later.  Who knows?  Might put a full exhaust on this bitch someday.  I have work out a better manifold arrangement for it but that's months or maybe even a year or so away.  Idk.  Hope what i got works and isn't too mental at cruise speeds/rpm.  Nothing says "i got the powah pull me over pig" like an open downpipe turbo car.

Nevermind the tuner studio mess.   Easytherm was on some fuck shit and wouldn't cooperate.   I went and rigged up a brand new gm sensor.  Corvette 98 iirc and it fit in the old nissan temp sensors spot just fine.  Did the appropriate cut and crimp so no more worries about inaccurate sensor readings.  Open element ait already in the charge pipe.  Wideband in the downpipe. 

Following need to be tested before the first start:

CAS adjustment/ 6 slot pickup (MS LED OFF/ON around 10* btdc for static timing)

INJECTORS (simple on off sprits of 93 will do it for me on both banks rotating the cas by hand)

PROPER SPARK to verify (-) (+) correct on COIL.   I know my transistor is proper,  If coil gets warm i know i got it backward and if it blows i have 2 spare.

FUEL PUMP RELAY triggers ON with ignition key/ms

IGN SWITCH RUN/ACC/START EC CONTINUITY (making sure ecu does what it's supposed to for both these phases)

I did add a relay to the starter as well as the coil.  Can't have them drawing direct from fuse boxes or batt/switch without one....well for my peace of mind anyway.  Most of the ones used are NISSAN units.  They are robust, last forever, handle a good bit of current and if you wish not to use nissan plugs, standard spades work fine!   $12 for automotive relay at parts store.  $6 for 5 of them from china.   Free for as deep as your pockets are at the junkyard.  In some of the older trucks they are weatherproofed.  Nice bonus.

Oh, just incase anyone is wondering about the delslow, that's a family friend's car.  Diff or something is fucked in it.  She's auto.  Bone stock.  My brother is negotiating a buy on it.  He wants to do some dirty thirds boosted and flip it.  Totally down to help with that so maybe you might see more of that car.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:55:26 AM by NoPistons! »

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2013, 01:13:34 AM »

sounds like work is happening and shit is getting ironed out. i like.

i wanna see this thing run and some dyno numbers  :noel:
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up