:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oil pans?  (Read 7380 times)

NoPistons!

Re: Oil pans?
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »

But did you try jb weld fucker?!

Did some work yesterday.  Put pandora on the laptop, plugged my portable speakers in and just kept going til i had nothing left.   Bout 90 percent.  Just gotta seal the damn thing, weld this oil drain thingy shit on after i figure out where i want to cut the rest of the tube.  Going to run a bead....or birdshit....however the machine wants to do it around the lip of it so a clamp will actually seal without the hose blowing off.   You're going to love the oil return flange i'm working on for the turbo.  Cut the flange, just haven't cut and welded the tube yet....

This was labor intensive as fuck.  I hate i spent as much time as i did on it....      I burned through so much.  Tried to keep most of the heat on the thicker plate and just washed it onto the thin pan metal and did ok.

NoPistons!

Re: Oil pans?
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »

I should add that if you bend 90* tabs you can overlap/interlock every single plate to make the thing bulletproof, bead the outside, no risk of burn through, zero worries of stray slag boogers from a flux core in hard to reach spots......

Brazing would be awesome for the inside plates. 

You tig having ass sheet metal brake having ass motherfuckers have it balls easy.  You lazy people can just pay for moroso or an accusump....

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up