:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Because Racecar!  (Read 1827 times)

pitobread

• I'm a llama.
Because Racecar!
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:41:25 PM »

Ok I know technically this isn't full engine management but I kinda got roped into helping out with a for fun class honda stock car and I need some quick help, and this forum is kinda the closest fitting one.  I am super limited with time and tomorrow night is probably the last night I can actually help out and I work during the day so I am super limited on what I can look up.

Car is a non vtec 95 Civic.

The harness has already been hacked up, but they left the EFI main relay, and the inside fuse box which I don't really like, so I want to eliminate them entirely.

I should mention I am not really a honda guy either and I have some scattered alldata sheets for wiring but they are terrible.

Here is my problem.  I have the starter and the fan on switches, and also one switch to control the EFI (or at least that is the game plan)  I have cut out and basically eliminated the main relay by attaching the 2 yellow with black from it to constant 12v because I couldn't get a drive for the relay to work, possibly due to the hacked up harness.

I had thought that I had bypassed everything essential. When I disconnect this bulkhead connector though, I loose everything(injector impuse, coil fire), so now I just want to leave the engine side alone, which has been completely stripped of all non essential stuff and wire direct from that connector whatever is absolutely essential.  Just the absolute bare bones.

I have not been able to locate a connector pinout for that connector.  Or if someone can just tell me what needs to be done to ditch all this other fuse box and relay garbage perhaps even with a few wire colors and just drive this thing straight from the battery to get it working that would be a huge fucking help.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: Because Racecar!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:33:21 PM »

Let me get this straight, you're willing to spend a few hours to get rid of a plastic connector (bulkhead) and a couple fuses? The only wiring issues with Hondas will be from mice (seal with liquid tape), 20yr old main relays (reflow the solder, fixed), and from 2001+ cars (sell the k20, burn the rest).

To be serious, where is that bulkhead connector located? It reminds me of what's tucked really far up behind & left of the steering wheel. IIRC it passes the wires for injector +12v, power steering pressure sensor, etc.

The other thing, if you're running an EMS like neptune/etc, wire that fan switch to a relay controlled by the ecu's fan relay output. Enable that output in neptune, done.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

pitobread

• I'm a llama.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:02:56 PM »

The harness was hacked to pieces already before I got to it.  This is a full on stock car.  Right now there is a rats nest of god knows what to god knows where with missing fuses and wires cut from the back of the fuse panel.  Basically everything aft of that connector is a huge mess.  The only reason I am starting there is everything ahead of it that runs to the engine bay is actually neat and tidy.  I can tell you this connector would have been close to the firewall, but possibly on the right side close to the battery. But I don't know for certain. I am jumping into this after someone else had done a ton of stuff that would take more time to sort through than to just start fresh with what I know.  I am moving across the country in less than a week, so if I can't figure it out tomorrow night they are on their own, that said I would really like to help them out so they can race in their stock car race 2 weeks from now.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:04:27 PM by pitobread »

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:53:05 PM »

I forgot to mention, you get get a PDF file that lists a full schematic of the 95 civic. You can find it via google search (95 civic pdf, ~90mb), and I think registered people can get it off of hondaswap or superhonda.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

pitobread

• I'm a llama.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 08:51:43 PM »

Yea!  Got it tonight, grabbed that PDF and it was very straightforward from there.  O0

I <3 TeH CaCk!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:16:44 AM by ApexSilver06MR »
Pages: [1]   Go Up