:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: ae86 w/ obd1 and holset...  (Read 20810 times)

Rob.K

Re: ae86 w/ obd1 and holset...
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 09:30:17 AM »

i think for drifting and auto X your shifter is right about where you need it since you dont want your hand off the wheel for lond and that would be pretty quick. my friend had a donkey dick of a shifter that he had bought for auto X for his ef, looked like he would be changing stations while shifting but its made for being hight up so you can steer faster with both hands unlike straight line driving where it really doesnt matter as much. im still digging the project even tough yotas been ran on honda ems before, plus i like your style of pron. keep up the good work.

my friend was a member of ohmt but not sure if hes here yet, ill try and get a pic of his shifter and post it.

Thanks dude, the shorter distance my hand has to travel to get to the shifter the better, and the only reason i got the shifter. If anyone can find me or make me a 7inch long shifter knob out of aluminum i'd sell this one for sure.

TTC- hahah I should have known, i've been on hmt and now rhmt for a long time.
3tc, tin can, holset, trailor wheels

NoPistons!

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 02:58:21 PM »

I love the build, i love drifting.

Diamond racing steelies?

He's not stretching tire for the vw euro fwd trash........   Stretched tire=higher profile tire without the sidewall roll.  You either understand it or you dont.

Europeans are dumb.  They stretch tires to run wide rims LEGALLY.  Drifters stretch tire for baller fitament and predictable tire behavior while going sideways, underpowered or otherwise.......

I like how you dont let the haters win....stick around....or challenge them to a race on the twisties.  It will be a whole bunch of understeer and crashing when they make all that boost at 5500rpm and burn out into a gaurdrail in 3rd gear.  NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A DIRTY THIRD!

I'm pissed you have two eight sixes.

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 03:08:50 PM »

^^^GTFO you fucking Noob^^^  You can't really fucking belive that it is faster to go around the corner sideways.  You are a god dammed idiot.  Some one needs to front punt you in the cunt.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:18:06 PM by malichite »
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2009, 03:34:40 PM »

^^^GTFO you fucking Noob^^^  You can't really fucking belive that it is faster to go around the corner sideways.  You are a god dammed idiot.  Some one needs to front punt you in the cunt.

F1 should drift.

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 03:42:18 PM »

^^^Gay tire stretch^^^

Pro drifter with no tire stretch.  Your a fucking idiot.  F1 should probably stretch their tires too.

You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

Rob.K

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 03:43:40 PM »

I love the build, i love drifting.

Diamond racing steelies?

He's not stretching tire for the vw euro fwd trash........   Stretched tire=higher profile tire without the sidewall roll.  You either understand it or you dont.

Europeans are dumb.  They stretch tires to run wide rims LEGALLY.  Drifters stretch tire for baller fitament and predictable tire behavior while going sideways, underpowered or otherwise.......

Exactly man, an easy solution is to get bigger wheels and lower pro tires, but i don't have money for that right now.

I don't have two, the gray one is my buddies, it's his garage too. He's letting me build my shit up in there, he's a good friend.

Rob.K

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2009, 03:47:05 PM »

Pro drifter with no tire stretch.  Your a fucking idiot.  F1 should probably stretch their tires too.

Funny thing is f1 cars run some stretch on the front wheels. plus dude it's not even a good comparison with that drift car he has like 40 profile, i have 60pro.

Just fucking chill out about the tire stretch guys, I'll have some engine updates coming this weekend, i've finished the honda intake adapter and done a bunch of wiring and piping instalation.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:49:46 PM by Rob.K »

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »

WTF!!!! The profile of the tire has not changed, you have just over stretched the walls of the tire so that any stability that was once provided to the tire by the sidewall is gone.  You are a fucking moron!

Rob.K

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 03:50:59 PM »

WTF!!!! The profile of the tire has not changed, you have just over stretched the walls of the tire so that any stability that was once provided to the tire by the sidewall is gone. 

wtf are you talking about? stability gone? you're a fucking idiot, it's actually increased stability tremendously. get the fuck out of my thread fagggot.

fyi- stretched tires = stiffer sidewalls, and slightly lower overal profile.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:53:58 PM by Rob.K »

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »

Stretched tire = no more slip angle. That has no effect on handling, and actual camber?   :-X

Dorifto cars are set up to slide, not stick.  It is the SLOWEST way around a track, period.  REAL cars can break tires free w/ a properly set up suspension because they have something called POWER.

BoostForLife

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 05:46:14 PM »

Stretched tire = no more slip angle. That has no effect on handling, and actual camber?   :-X

Dorifto cars are set up to slide, not stick.  It is the SLOWEST way around a track, period.  REAL cars can break tires free w/ a properly set up suspension because they have something called POWER.
I have to agree that 99.99% of drifters are slow as shit, unless you're this man.
Keiichi Tsuchiya

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2009, 06:32:02 PM »

WHy the fuck do they always have tecno music in the background? All i want to hear is a bad ass motor. But you probably cant hear it over the screaming of the tires. Fucking gay. Man I give this guy props for using a honda dizzy and tuning it with a honda setup, but the outcome if the car is not looking so good. Good luck to you but the wheels and tires are  :-X You should have a 11" wide tire on a 10" wide rim. Not a 6" wide tire on a 10" wide rim.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2009, 07:49:33 PM »

My Dodge, with 1100r16's on stock 8" wide wheels would drift just fine??? Very predictable and they have over a 100% sidewall aspect ratio... Dry pavement too. Snow it gets more then a little squirley.  ;D
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2009, 08:21:05 PM »

My Dodge, with 1100r16's on stock 8" wide wheels would drift just fine??? Very predictable and they have over a 100% sidewall aspect ratio... Dry pavement too. Snow it gets more then a little squirley.  ;D

Both the Expedition on 23s and the Yuke on a stock rim/tire package were emininently controllable.

suv winter fun

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2009, 08:42:24 PM »

LOL, that is pretty much 6months of the year here.

I think when I finally get the dodge put back together, I am shoot a drift video with it, I have some well worn 33's that need to find a good end. Who knows maybe I will start the new trend, drifting with 1ton diesels.   :-X
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2009, 08:59:44 PM »

We should be getting a Polaris Ranger to use as an *ahem* pit bike.  Remind me to get drift video with it this winter.  :)

SDRAWKCAB

• D series BALLA!
  • Certified OG
  • Rhino
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 09:18:05 PM »

I dont give a fuck about what tires you run, I like the concept.
And by concept holset+honda ems+toyota=sweet  ;)
I have sex like a winning race car.
I always finish first and have left many disappointed.

Rob.K

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2009, 05:40:35 AM »

I dont give a fuck about what tires you run, I like the concept.
And by concept holset+honda ems+toyota=sweet  ;)

Fuckin rights.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2009, 12:49:47 PM »

WTF!!!! The profile of the tire has not changed, you have just over stretched the walls of the tire so that any stability that was once provided to the tire by the sidewall is gone. 

wtf are you talking about? stability gone? you're a fucking idiot, it's actually increased stability tremendously. get the fuck out of my thread fagggot.

Sir, in the Porsche racing world, folks go to great lengths to control and adjust what is known as kinematic toe/camber/caster, which is the basis of which all suspension engineers designs are created upon.  It is clear that you do not understand basic suspension function, I highly suggest you pick up a book and read for a hot minute, something you didnt find on an internet forum.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2009, 12:59:02 PM »

What the fuck, Robb?  This isn't the thread for real tech.  This guy's moments away from ditching performance entirely so he can buy a Mk4 Golf and get some nautical stars tattooed on his stomache and rail/get railed by nice boys at Vortex meets.

Rob.K

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2009, 09:49:14 PM »

Sir, in the Porsche racing world, folks go to great lengths to control and adjust what is known as kinematic toe/camber/caster, which is the basis of which all suspension engineers designs are created upon.  It is clear that you do not understand basic suspension function, I highly suggest you pick up a book and read for a hot minute, something you didnt find on an internet forum.

We're not talking about suspension set ups for grip driving here. I don't need to pick up a book, I know plenty about setting up suspension for various sorts of racing.

Here's my intake adapter

More motor completion

and for all the haters hahahaa

« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 09:52:36 PM by Rob.K »

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »

All you need now is the oversized aluminum CDM spoiler

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2009, 10:05:33 PM »

Damn, your stealing all the Honda shit for that bitch.  Why did you use that intake manifold again?  Is that car carburated stock?  What color neon lights you going to put under it?

Rob.K

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2009, 10:29:03 PM »

Damn, your stealing all the Honda shit for that bitch.  Why did you use that intake manifold again?  Is that car carburated stock?  What color neon lights you going to put under it?

Ya it was carbed that's why i had to change the whole fuel system, plus the intake has all the clips and sensors already on it that I need.

No wings or neon or techno guys lol. This is just a track bitch.

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2009, 12:55:49 AM »

Why would you use an intake mani off a b7 and not a z6 or y8?   :mexi:

Rob.K

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2009, 01:02:21 AM »

Why would you use an intake mani off a b7 and not a z6 or y8?   :mexi:

Not a huge deal is it? This was free so that's why.

BoostForLife

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2009, 03:25:11 AM »

You picked the wrong manifold for the job.
It's like having your turbo push air through a straw, sure you'll build boost and shit, but no good power will be made.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2009, 09:40:45 AM »

First he's a racecar suspension expert, now he's an internal combustion engineer. 

Sure, Rob, it won't matter at all.  You only need 160whp to make your anti-traction go slow suspension fishtail everywhere, so for your setup it's perfect.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2009, 09:49:28 AM »

We're not talking about suspension set ups for grip driving here. I don't need to pick up a book, I know plenty about setting up suspension for various sorts of racing.

Clearly you dont.  Have fun wrecking your "track bitch" when your poorly setup suspension and failure stretched tires put you in the wall.  Post the pics here when you wreck pls.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

Rob.K

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2009, 12:11:48 PM »

You picked the wrong manifold for the job.
It's like having your turbo push air through a straw, sure you'll build boost and shit, but no good power will be made.

y8 might be tuff to find. I'll try to snag a z6 at the junk yard when i go this week.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up