Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit  (Read 23147 times)

patsmx5

• Certified OG
Re: Shit
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2009, 04:36:49 PM »

I turned the boost up, maybe that will help.  :noel:
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

boosted 00 black si

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2009, 06:58:57 PM »

pull the downpipe and turbo exhaust housing off n look inside for any signs of oil  O0
go fuck your self

BORN TO BOOST
LITTLE B16.400whp on 16psi

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2009, 04:48:53 PM »

pull the downpipe and turbo exhaust housing off n look inside for any signs of oil  O0

Um, if he wanted to look for oil in the exhaust removing 02 sensor and flashlight might not suck as bad...

blowoff valves are for pussies.

rudebwoy

• Certified OG
  • tripple OG
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2009, 05:24:46 PM »

castrol 5w50 change every 3000 miles or everything it looks dirty, whichever comes first, car is not daily driven so thats like after every other race.
you crazy with that not changing your oil at normal intervals, plus you have a turbo thats even worst, probably your turbo seals are going bad.

1999 Euro spec Civic EJ9 Hatch B20/VTEC TURBO. 620whp@21psi
2000 Honda Odyssey LX family ride
2000 civic SI daily driver

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2009, 05:31:08 PM »

It's weird it hasn't done this since. Oil level is still sitting like 2 oz. from full, been there for weeks. I'm gonna try to change the oil next weekend.
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

90turboteg

• Rebuildin turbos
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2009, 05:50:04 PM »

ya maybe the turbine shaft seal stuck or let a little oil get past for some odd reason. id change the oil and see. also even if you take your downpipe off you still cant really tell all that well weather it was coming from your motor or turbo, because the oil will get into the turbo eather way... thats a pte turbo right?
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7900/l37c04d3e54190216b7259c.th.jpg
daily driven 86 crx. john Deere flat black, fresh dohc zc w/arp goodies w/75 wet shot
Vitara setup in the works... 400+whp goal be done this season

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »

It's a Garret GT3271 turbo, divided turbine, .78 A/R hotside. And pulling the downpipe is a bitch, not doing that.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2009, 06:54:55 PM »

Pat, you and n/a mike should hang out more at the welfare office.

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 02:41:39 PM »

10K miles between oil changes? i wouldnt do that to a stock d series that i didnt even care about synthetic or not lol. i hope you dont do that with the built motor.

i change the oil in my mustang every 1500 miles or twice a year whatever comes first, usually the latter.

kamilk69

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 03:34:31 PM »

oil seals in turbo blown.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2009, 03:36:08 PM »

Ive never seen a blown turbo oil seal.  Ive seen worn ones, and stuck ones, and gunked up ones, but never a blown one. It aint a headgasket yo.

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 03:56:30 PM »

It hasn't done this since, and the oil level is still sitting in the same spot it's been for weeks. Going to try and change the oil tomorrow. Dunno what happened that day, but it hasn't happened since. Runs strong.

As for 10k on an oil change, at 5K the oil looked like it had maybe 500 miles on it. Maybe an oil analysis would show something in the oil is bad but it sure seems to look fine and still feels viscous. If I had some money I might would get an oi analysis just to see how it's holding up.

fysh

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »

let the engine sit overnight and run a compression test. Pull the plugs in the low reading cylinders and add a cap full of oil through the spark plug hole. Do your cranking compression. If the values come within spec, your rings are shot. Might as well eliminate them as a cause. Cold engines will cause a bigger p2w clearance and you might be leaking oil past the rings until your engine gets hot and expands.

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 04:43:05 PM »

If the rings were shot, it would use oil though... It doesn't use any. Like 2oz/1K miles. And a leakdown test done before I boosted it showed the exhaust valves leaked a little, but basically no leakage through the rings.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2009, 06:48:30 PM »

Ive never seen a blown turbo oil seal.  Ive seen worn ones, and stuck ones, and gunked up ones, but never a blown one. It aint a headgasket yo.

hang around a subaru garage for a month and you'll see at least 3-5 turbos get warrantied on the 2.5's

Yeah mitsufeces td04 frames.  He said "blown" and I was ragging him for the error in wording.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 08:03:11 PM »

hang around a subaru garage for a month and you'll see at least 3-5 turbos get warrantied on the 2.5's

Yeah mitsufeces td04 frames.  He said "blown" and I was ragging him for the error in wording.

i had mine warrantied once for blown seals which were verified by subaru, but now broken ringlangs are a culprit of the james bond smokescreen idle

Um.  I think you still dont understand what im saying.  Dont worry about it.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 09:36:24 PM »

ok

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009, 09:44:43 PM »

i had mine warrantied once for blown seals which were verified by subaru, but now broken ringlangs are a culprit of the james bond smokescreen idle

Um.  I think you still dont understand what im saying.  Dont worry about it.

something about td04's and bearings wearing out prematurely and shafts driving the wheels into housings doesn't tickle my fancy, but i'm not sure if i got what you were getting at?

Lol re-read the post Jon, I was being an articulate asshole to the guy.   :P

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2009, 02:40:17 AM »

this post brought to you in part by

That looks good. :yes:

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2009, 01:00:11 PM »

this post brought to you in part by

That looks good. :yes:

I hate when I go on a brewer's website and there are no info about their beers other than the amount of calories...

They really make a beer at 3.2%? Water has more alcohol then that lol ;)

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2009, 01:03:48 PM »

They really make a beer at 3.2%? Water has more alcohol then that lol ;)

You should post that in the where to live in Canada thread.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2009, 02:22:25 PM »

does your dad know you're taking pics of his beer
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

klyph

• Proletariat for Life!
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2009, 04:22:54 PM »

I hate when I go on a brewer's website and there are no info about their beers other than the amount of calories...
Use beer advocate.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/880/39346

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2009, 01:41:27 AM »

Last time I've drink a red lager, it was in Adirondack in NewYork and this shit was just like blonde beer but with less taste. It was like water with taste you know lol

I was very disappointed. I asked the barman "Do you have red beer", "No we don't have red beer, the only thing near red beer is a red lager". I was like -No red beer-???? what the fuck????

I've drink it but, really, even coorslight has more taste than this shit....

Maybe your beer is better tho... :P

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2009, 11:35:02 AM »

Sadly, Francis, c0mpl3x mostly likes fizzy yellow beer.

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »

Shit, it's dead now.

The damn trigger wheel has been wobbling for like a year, and it's been getting worse and worse. Well drove it 260 miles home and on the last 10 miles the power goes to shit. Like I'm at 1/2 throttle in boost just to keep going 45-50 mph. Ran, but no power. I figured a wire messed up and it revereted to 10*BTDC, as it felt like it was getting NO advance, but ran on all four. I took it easy and drove it home.

Well today I pulled out a meter and tested all the wiring, it's good. So I break out a timing light and sure enough it's advancing when I rev it, but everything's wayyyyy retarded. So I aim the light and it's idling at 20* ATDC...... Checked the timing table, ignition settings, etc, they're all good. Tore it down and sure enough, it sheared the key holding the harmonic balancer/destroyed the cast iron piece and crankshaft the key went into in the process. Crank if fucked.......

I got another engine, engine gasket set, etc. Pretty much everything to fix it. But I think I'm gonna wait a few weeks and do a mild build. On that note...

I KNOW I want to do forged rods, as they're 300 bucks and the rods are the weak link in these engines. I'm thinking I could pull the spare engine down, hone the cylinders to get an extra .001-.0015" clearance over factory spec, new rings, forged rods, and back together again. Maybe a shim on the oil pressure relief valve for good measure.

Sound like a plan? Or should I go ahead and do forged pistons too? I think they'd be a waste, as stock ones are fine. I only see stock pistons fail when the motor detonates, or runs too lean/pistons seizes/melts. Also are topline rings any good in a boosted engine? I don't wanna spend 100 fucking bucks on some damn "premium" rings if I don't have to.

oinesra

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2009, 03:50:17 AM »

do a rotissary swap.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2009, 04:20:57 AM »

90-91 short snout crank, huh?  They were bad for that.

junkyard racer

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2009, 07:05:07 AM »

please change the oil more often than every 10k miles.

also, might be something to think about http://www.blackstone-labs.com/ they can send you a little piss test looking cup, you put some oil in it...mail it to them along with like $15 and they will tell you way more shit than you could ever think about when it comes to your oil. They will email you a PDF file and then about a week later a "hard copy" will be in the mail for you. Then when you change your oil again...and you mail them another sample, they will analyze between the last time you sent them a sample. Pretty cool...

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/report-explanation.php

« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 07:07:50 AM by junkyard racer »

boosted 00 black si

• Certified OG
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2009, 10:42:06 AM »

:(
go fuck your self

BORN TO BOOST
LITTLE B16.400whp on 16psi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up