:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Source for 3" SS exhaust pipe?  (Read 3919 times)

slappynuts

Source for 3" SS exhaust pipe?
« on: March 09, 2012, 08:03:55 AM »

We can get it but it is expensive. Im just wondering if maybe someone has a good source?

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: Source for 3" SS exhaust pipe?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:21:18 AM »

We can get it but it is expensive. Im just wondering if maybe someone has a good source?

Mandrel-bend b-stock, maybe cheap enough  :noel:

NoPistons!

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 06:36:09 PM »

Ebay and google.

Truth.  I think as long as you're under 6' shipping wont be out of this world most places.    I think it was $125+50ish shipping quoted at one place i found on google (bookmarked on a no longer living desk top) for 304.   15' worth.   I forget wall tubing thickness.  I wanna say it was .035" maybe?

Locally?  This shit is off the fucking.....i'm not buying it from them.   

weirtech

• Certified OG
    • Weir Technologies Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:45:25 AM »

i can get it for you.  anything vibrant sells, i can get you a good deal on since i'm a dealer for them.

what are you after specifically?

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 03:36:52 PM »

i can get it for you.  anything vibrant sells, i can get you a good deal on since i'm a dealer for them.

Arron what about there mufflers?
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

weirtech

• Certified OG
    • Weir Technologies Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 06:51:31 PM »

ANYTHING.  just give me a vibrant part# and i'll get you a special rhmt price.

i'm also in the process of setting up an account with a large parts wholesaler to have more crap to sell.  details to follow once it is up and running.

slappynuts

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »

We are as well.

weirtech

• Certified OG
    • Weir Technologies Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 07:29:48 PM »

i'm pretty sure i'll be able to beat your price... maybe even the price you're paying.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 07:45:42 PM »

We stock almost any relevant size rath gibson tubing in .065 wall 304 ss  1 1/2" to 5" along with about 5-7 thousand bends again in relevant sizes and CLRs. It is all 100% made in the usa. We also have select size 321ss in .035 and .049 wall tubing and bends.

If your interested in very high quality tubing pm me for contact information.  :noel:

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 06:29:51 AM »

Since when do rhmt'ers need high quality SS? This is the only place I've seen handycap safety bars used as dump tubes get 5 stars. O0
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Gold DA9

• Certified OG
  • OG LURKER
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 09:14:32 AM »

Since when do rhmt'ers need high quality SS? This is the only place I've seen handycap safety bars used as dump tubes get 5 stars. O0

was thinking the same thing.

mandrel-bends

• Columbia River Mandrel Bending
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 01:51:45 PM »

I don't play in the cheap market - I'm a middle market volume player, but let me give you my 2 cents on this - we stock a little over 300,000 bends right now. Some of the most expensive pieces of product we inventory is 3" stainless parts - the 4,000 3.0" stainless parts we stock cost us roughly ~$65,000-$70,000 to make and we remake those every 3-4 months. It will never be particularly cheap as long as the damn material is $6.50/foot for RATH or Marcegalia (A249/A269 A554 stainless - good stuff that bends well) and there will never be much in terms of imported tubing used to bend domestically on that size as the Chinese/Korean/etc shit doesn't bend well on large diameter/thin wall. Compared to other sizes and materials, the difficult of bending, and the huge inventory cost of 4-6 SKU's - the margins are razor thin so I can't see anybody giving it away.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 02:35:28 PM by mandrel-bends »
Columbia River Mandrel Bending
CNC Mandrel Bending &ampamp Precision Waterjet Cutting
http://www.mandrelbends.com

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »

^^^^ dont care if someone was a touch cheaper, I have had great customer service from adam  on every order I have made, I also have everyone around here using him as well.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 07:42:49 PM »

I don't play in the cheap market - I'm a middle market volume player, but let me give you my 2 cents on this - we stock a little over 300,000 bends right now. Some of the most expensive pieces of product we inventory is 3" stainless parts - the 4,000 3.0" stainless parts we stock cost us roughly ~$65,000-$70,000 to make and we remake those every 3-4 months. It will never be particularly cheap as long as the damn material is $6.50/foot for RATH or Marcegalia (A249/A269 A554 stainless - good stuff that bends well) and there will never be much in terms of imported tubing used to bend domestically on that size as the Chinese/Korean/etc shit doesn't bend well on large diameter/thin wall. Compared to other sizes and materials, the difficult of bending, and the huge inventory cost of 4-6 SKU's - the margins are razor thin so I can't see anybody giving it away.

you have a pm!

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up