:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47   Go Down

Author Topic: UI's 703hp Purple beast - She is injured  (Read 267766 times)

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
Re: UI's 703hp Purple beast - DE NEGRO RIGGING pg 19
« Reply #660 on: March 22, 2010, 02:47:26 PM »

Youll still own number 1 WHPz slot.. I suyrely have no interest in going that far with the Accord.  Still, It will be laggy as FUCK without spray.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #661 on: March 23, 2010, 12:37:27 AM »

Still, It will be laggy as FUCK without spray.

??? What is your definition of laggy? I didn't find his car laggy last year, why do you think its going to be any noticeably different this year?

danz

• Certified OG
  • 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
« Reply #662 on: March 23, 2010, 12:52:00 AM »

??? What is your definition of laggy? I didn't find his car laggy last year, why do you think its going to be any noticeably different this year?

its all about the application right? 

drag cars dont need stupidly small restrictive turbos since they only use 2500rpm of power band at the very very top.
10.510 @ 133.09 mph D16Z6 EJ6
10.912 @ 127.33 mph D16A6 ED6

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #663 on: March 23, 2010, 01:22:26 AM »

drag cars dont need stupidly small restrictive turbos since they only use 2500rpm of power band at the very very top.

With different cams this thing would have a 4000rpm power band. Pretty decent in my books.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #664 on: March 23, 2010, 01:24:20 AM »

Oh so this is a drag car now....I wasnt aware, I thought it was a streety car that occasionally went to the trac,. My bad.

Laggier it will be....    Strong as hell... Yes... Broad powerband, sure one thgat starts at 6k   yuk.

---GFI we build FAST---

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #665 on: March 23, 2010, 01:41:08 AM »

welcome to every honda motor thats <2.0l
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #666 on: March 23, 2010, 01:42:51 AM »

With different cams this thing would have a 4000rpm power band. Pretty decent in my books.

I wholeheartedly disagree.  You haven't spend several hundred hours on a dyno with that particular flavor of engine, a camshaft change does nothing of the sort for a B-VTEC.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #667 on: March 23, 2010, 11:42:24 AM »

6K - 10K is still a 4k power band it should do that with the cams that are in it.  ???
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #668 on: March 23, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »

You have missed the point, however as Dave is smarter than both you and probably I (At least I thought, however common sense seemss to ellude Canadians IMHO), I would expect him to understand my statement and not retort with a stupid question.

You not so much.

:-*

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:59:21 PM by bigdaddyvtec »

---GFI we build FAST---

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #669 on: March 23, 2010, 12:45:57 PM »

I wholeheartedly disagree.  You haven't spend several hundred hours on a dyno with that particular flavor of engine, a camshaft change does nothing of the sort for a B-VTEC.

I should have specified, I was suggesting that a better set of cams, would help give him some more ceiling when he adds more rpm, all of which necessitate additional tuning.

The power on Levis engine start coming on pretty good at 5100rpm, I don't see much reason why his engine can't take 9500rpm.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #670 on: March 23, 2010, 01:21:16 PM »

i think my exh. cam is advanced. I am going to take it to the machine shop and let them try and do it this time.

Last time was........ well.......... lets say sketchy at best

New bushings and my "aluminium" lower control arms. getting a heavy dosage of clear

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:23:27 PM by Urban Indian »
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #671 on: March 23, 2010, 01:44:12 PM »

That looks good holmes.

---GFI we build FAST---

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #672 on: March 23, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »

I should have specified, I was suggesting that a better set of cams, would help give him some more ceiling when he adds more rpm, all of which necessitate additional tuning.

The power on Levis engine start coming on pretty good at 5100rpm, I don't see much reason why his engine can't take 9500rpm.

You have no need to specify on that topic.  There are flat 9.0 second no-wheelie bar cars running OEM cams, and making the power Levi wants.  GSR cams are good to 9500+ if you want to torture the head taking it there all the time in order to get a decent powerband.  Why piss money away on aftermarket cams?  Why rev the engine past 8500 and shorten it's lifespan significantly?

You have good intentions and sound physical theory as it applies to hard nuts and bolts theory, but your experience in some practical aspects (both Honda engine specific and general) is nil.  Cam selection, IC selection, and there's been a difference between what Levi wants out of his streetcar and your view of it as a drag queen.  You've got a case of bigger is better mentality and need to get that under control.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:28:52 PM by Joseph Davis »

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #673 on: March 23, 2010, 02:47:21 PM »

Indeed....

The Ross monster had Stock GSR cams in it made as much power as Levis making, with a smaller turbo and revved to 10K regularly....  Trapping in the 140s

Having to rev to 10 K to get a powerband is gay (Let alone in a street car, which is what I thought this thing was supposed to be). To make it to the end of the track considering gearing and tire size is another story. Id rather have a powerband that came on earlier than having to wait until 6K plus... In a RACECAR where youre only using 2K of powerband fine. On the street gay, and so are you if you think different

---GFI we build FAST---

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #674 on: March 23, 2010, 02:51:24 PM »

My impression of this car has always been wrong then. I always assumed it was a streetable race car. Not a street car that sometimes goes to the track.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #675 on: March 23, 2010, 03:06:39 PM »

You have no need to specify on that topic.  There are flat 9.0 second no-wheelie bar cars running OEM cams, and making the power Levi wants.  GSR cams are good to 9500+ if you want to torture the head taking it there all the time in order to get a decent powerband.  Why piss money away on aftermarket cams?  Why rev the engine past 8500 and shorten it's lifespan significantly?

You have good intentions and sound physical theory as it applies to hard nuts and bolts theory, but your experience in some practical aspects (both Honda engine specific and general) is nil.  Cam selection, IC selection, and there's been a difference between what Levi wants out of his streetcar and your view of it as a drag queen.  You've got a case of bigger is better mentality and need to get that under control.

I'd agree with your first paragraph, your second one is as full of shit as you are.

I'm with Brett as having always been under the assumption that this was a race car that could be driven to the track.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #676 on: March 23, 2010, 03:16:40 PM »

No, MY car is a street car that sometimes goes to the track...

But how many times has this thing even ran well enough to go to the track thus far? How many miles are on it??? Now Im not hating as I like you guys, and the car. Its not even debatable it makes great power... BUT.... Levis car dont even have a cage, its hardly a racecar (a legal one anyways).... However, the way you guys are aproaching it is as if it were... Thats not debatable. Maybe it needs a bigger FMIC too???

Theres A LOT of unnecessary shit in it to do what youre trying to do I believe is JDs point.  Youre trying to reinvent the wheel, and failing. I agree with some of what hes saying. Yall haven't even taken care of the current issues before you go induce further variables.  Whatever.

Did I mention Ross' dad's car was faster,  quicker, daily driven and had 30K miles on it without ever having to come apart???

True story.
Maybe were doing it wrong??

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:19:14 PM by bigdaddyvtec »

---GFI we build FAST---

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #677 on: March 23, 2010, 03:21:57 PM »

I just hope this thing isnt bucking and fucking all night long on the dyno!  :yes:
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #678 on: March 23, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »

I'd agree with your first paragraph, your second one is as full of shit as you are.

I'm with Brett as having always been under the assumption that this was a race car that could be driven to the track.

Let's see:

- cam selection you just ceded the point to me.
- that IC was too big and directly caused overheating problems.  There are far smaller cores that still maintain the peak 25 degrees above ambient IATs that your too-large one does, and since this is in an overpowered tin can the small cores simply never heatsoak.
- I might have misunderstood Levi about the direction of his car, but I see a young guy who hasn't been through a ton of setups and still asking basic questions.  If he came to me he'd have been steered toward a 450 whp car that would have run mid 10s with no traction on the street, and told to come back for more when he learned to drive it.
- I know a liiiiittle more about this than you do.  I hold power records on three local dynos and have spent entire days with several of the drag cars I've tuned at tracks privately rented out to 1-4 cars.  You can say I'm full of shit, but that's what you very much do not know talking.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #679 on: March 23, 2010, 03:24:48 PM »

Also, I wouldn't send a twenty-teen kid out the door with a 400 whp car and no cage.  If you don't care about the kid living or dying, at the very least a caged unibody car hooks a lot better, tracks straighter, and therefore makes your work look better. 

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #680 on: March 23, 2010, 03:26:30 PM »

I just hope this thing isnt bucking and fucking all night long on the dyno!  :yes:

It won be, I believe they "fixed" that. We are out of there at 6. I promised Tommy that much. Barney was on the rollers till 10-11 PM last time.  I think theres another car or two that needs some "love", but if at the end people want to tune, well have to figure out a pay scale for it, and also understand. Were off the dyno at 6ish

---GFI we build FAST---

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #681 on: March 23, 2010, 03:30:05 PM »

My slut will definatlly need some tuning.  Hamburgler here chewed up all the time before I could get mine finished up.
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #682 on: March 23, 2010, 03:45:30 PM »

I will need some dyno love too!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #683 on: March 23, 2010, 03:54:41 PM »

I'd like to turn it up too... it will work out just fine... just this time no ten pm shit. Lol

---GFI we build FAST---

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #684 on: March 23, 2010, 04:19:11 PM »

The cams wont be a problem, the turbo will be.

I have a setup thats almost identical to levi's. Its laggy as fuck for a street car, its great for a drag car. Power from 5.5-11k. You have to bang the gears to keep the boost up .If levi would have talked to me i would have told him to put a 6765 on there. It'll make 900hp not be a lazy.

Anyone want to buy a 372??
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #685 on: March 23, 2010, 04:39:35 PM »

6765 is a mean sumbitch fosho. Itd be alot more fun on the street

Shit he might as well puit that 372 on the car... It MIGHT be able to "keep up" with the front mount... LOL  O0

---GFI we build FAST---

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #686 on: March 23, 2010, 05:09:27 PM »

Guys guys relax.

I don't think you realize how cheap they make turbos these days. I can sell this turbo in a heartbeat and make money off selling it. Buy a smaller HX50 or something with the spare change. its not the end of the world. I trust Dave's decision's he has made about fabricating shit for this car. In the end we will see actually how this thing is going to spool & work

NO I will not be taking up alot of dyno time. I have the dyno for all of friday across the border so the power will be made there.

Worst case scenario?

I fucking hate the turbo and I sell it. No big deal, at the end of the day what am I here for? Controversy.

But who knows, I might just leave the car the way it is. Buy something else that is a fun rear-wheel drive car? I was getting tired of the car after driving the piss out of it for 2 weeks after it was finished last year. I don't even know what I want this car to be. Racecar driven to the track? Street car that I drive & take to the track on the weekends? Its just a car at the end of the day.

The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #687 on: March 23, 2010, 05:30:04 PM »

If its not your your daily, who cares how stripped/gutted/ugly/bald it is.  If you have it to go out street racing/to the meets/to the track who cares as long as it hauls ass.   

I dont care about how my turbo spools, my setup performs exactly as i planned for it.  Makes all the power i need from a stop. When i was building it i was planning on buying a dogbox, i'm not now. 

I didnt mean your turbo was a problem, i meant it was the reason for the slow spool, not the cams.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:33:45 PM by sewell94 »
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #688 on: March 23, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »

Fuck Canada

---GFI we build FAST---

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #689 on: March 23, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47   Go Up